Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

PVC/Aluminium Doors

Billyboy294

Do you really need double doors. When i had sliding doors you could only open one half at a time.

I enclose again the photo of  my friend's view of his balcony  (mine will be the same next week). There is a 100mm  (4 inch) thick DG  fixed panel and a standard size DG door (you can select size) but not 100mm thick. Note the advantage of having 8mm dark glass on the outside so make sure your supplier knows this, assuming you want it. They save money by putting in clear 6mm glass.

attachicon.gifD 3504 1222CC (4) (Custom).jpg

You are right, looking at that picture such a setup would be fine, one wide opening door and one fixed panel. Are yours going to be double glazed with 8mm dark glass on the outside at the price of 44k THB which I think is a fair price as opposed to the 140k I have been quoted. 

Yes mine will be the same as i detailed for my friends apartment in my post above.. My overall balcony opening is 2.4 metres and as i said in my post #5 the cost is 19,000 baht. The kitchen window was 5000 baht. I don't think you can better these prices and the work is excellent..

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Sorted.

Edited by Edge

My mistake. I was getting my conversion for inches wrong. Yes the opening is 2.4 metres wide. I have edited the post.

Edited by Billyboy294

............cont.

So I found a few pics on the internet and I did some scaled drawings and I sent them to the guy who did the room divider.

I was expecting about 20k, but he came back with 35k, so I looked around a bit more, using a Facebook group.

Another Thai firm cam back with virtually the same price.

One Thai guy told me 6.5k but I think there was a communication problem.

I also asked a Euro' company called SunParadise to quote and they came back at 82k with the possibility of extras.

So back I went to Thepprasit guy and he came out to measure and confirm...at first he said white only and I thought he might bump the price, but 35k as before.

As I said earlier, for structural reasons the framing is much heavier than for Sliders.

I didn't go for DG but there is ample space for it in those frames.

I wanted the option to only open the left section for walking out or if the weather is bad.

I rarely use the A/C and the doors are open to some extent nearly all the time.....very few Mozzies make it up here.

There are various ways to open it through to fully opened to the right side against the planter I've built in the corner.

Personal choice of course, but I'm happy with mine.

I specified clear glass because I get only evening sun across my balcony and no direct sunlight - I don't think smoked is extra going by previous quotes.

DG would be pointless for me as they are so rarely closed, but it looks like up to 15mm would be an easy fit.

The fittings/hinges/locks appear to be strong Euro' spec', but MiT or imported I don't know  - CENZA

That's interesting as I haven't come across many places here that do the concertina type doors.

Where exactly is that place in Thepprasit? Is it this one? https://goo.gl/maps/TK5kfJLeKeJ2 If so he was unable to do the sort of windows I needed when I asked a year or two ago. Maybe I should try again.

The place on Pattaya Klang quoted me 140,000 THB for double doors opening onto my bedroom balcony, They should have called themselves Everest Double Glazing. I would like to change my present ones for heavy double glazed quality PVC with multiple locking,  so I am going to follow this thread carefully :Evil_Grin2:   

And the name of this company is !!!!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

............cont.

So I found a few pics on the internet and I did some scaled drawings and I sent them to the guy who did the room divider.

I was expecting about 20k, but he came back with 35k, so I looked around a bit more, using a Facebook group.

Another Thai firm cam back with virtually the same price.

One Thai guy told me 6.5k but I think there was a communication problem.

I also asked a Euro' company called SunParadise to quote and they came back at 82k with the possibility of extras.

So back I went to Thepprasit guy and he came out to measure and confirm...at first he said white only and I thought he might bump the price, but 35k as before.

As I said earlier, for structural reasons the framing is much heavier than for Sliders.

I didn't go for DG but there is ample space for it in those frames.

I wanted the option to only open the left section for walking out or if the weather is bad.

I rarely use the A/C and the doors are open to some extent nearly all the time.....very few Mozzies make it up here.

There are various ways to open it through to fully opened to the right side against the planter I've built in the corner.

DSC_0001_zpspklf1bgl.jpg DSC_0007-2_zpsoazsxhuw.jpg

DSC_0009_zpsstudo0fo.jpg DSC_0008-2_zpsu192q0gr.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsin3ymb6c.jpg DSC_0014_zpswofhfbnl.jpg

Personal choice of course, but I'm happy with mine.

I specified clear glass because I get only evening sun across my balcony and no direct sunlight - I don't think smoked is extra going by previous quotes.

DG would be pointless for me as they are so rarely closed, but it looks like up to 15mm would be an easy fit.

The fittings/hinges/locks appear to be strong Euro' spec', but MiT or imported I don't know  - CENZA

Does the company use safety glass?

That's interesting as I haven't come across many places here that do the concertina type doors.

Where exactly is that place in Thepprasit? Is it this one? https://goo.gl/maps/TK5kfJLeKeJ2 If so he was unable to do the sort of windows I needed when I asked a year or two ago. Maybe I should try again.

As I said, SunParadise was the other one, but at 82l vs 35k too rich for me.

Basic price concertina is 8k/sqm.

Sorry but I can't get that link to work for me.

He's a bright guy, good English and I communicate with him mainly on Line....msgs, drawings, photos etc.

I'd be surprised if there's much he can't do.

He's between Tesco Lotus and the Night Market on the same side.

poppyz2.JPG

Edited by Edge

Does the company use safety glass?

They will use whatever you specify.   :GoldenSmile1:

Edge, i am surprised you do not have DG.

That is the only reason three of us have changed from what we had. When you close the new DG units it cuts out the noise from the temple, schools etc. especially in early morning and the markets at night.

Regarding the cost of 'smoked ' or what the fitter called 'dark'  glass, it must be more expensive because it is 8mm thick compared with 6mm for clear glass. The dark glass is on the outside of the DG units.

For those who might be concerned, you don't notice it is dark until you look out an open window or door. The scenery actually looks better with the dark glass.

I enclose a photo which shows it.

Condo 3507 1238CC (Custom).jpg

Edited by Billyboy294

Edge, i am surprised you do not have DG...................................

As I said earlier, personal preferences - DG only works when you close your doors and windows completely and mine almost never are closed.

If it was a studio I'd agree, but my separate bedroom is virtually soundproof for sleeping and the daytime background noise doesn't bother me at all.

If I change my mind in the future then I have a 20 mm rebate to play with.

Smoked glass I just don't like thanks.

Re the cost at 8k/sqm I had the choice of smoked or clear so same same.

Anyway, none of that is relevant to which frames and opening configuration you prefer.

Edited by Edge

And the name of this company is !!!!!.

JDM

Have no idea, was driving along Pattaya Klang, passed foodland and it was between foodland and Sukhumvit on the left side. Saw PVC windows in a shop front and told the lass to pull over, took the drawings in and was given an 'approx' price by one of the Thais guys there and returned to the car and moved on.

As I said, SunParadise was the other one, but at 82l vs 35k too rich for me.

Basic price concertina is 8k/sqm.

Sorry but I can't get that link to work for me.

He's a bright guy, good English and I communicate with him mainly on Line....msgs, drawings, photos etc.

I'd be surprised if there's much he can't do.

He's between Tesco Lotus and the Night Market on the same side.

Yes, that's the same place as in my link. Most companies that do "fancy" windows use imported frames, and charge stunningly high prices. People in my building have paid 70-80kB for very chunky PVC sliding patio doors from a well-known farang-run Pattaya supplier, and the finish I saw wasnt very good.

I shall go and see this chap again as it may be that he has found a new source for frames. He certainly could not do what I wanted when I asked a couple of years ago, though what I wanted wasnt unduly complex.

Have no idea, was driving along Pattaya Klang, passed foodland and it was between foodland and Sukhumvit on the left side. Saw PVC windows in a shop front and told the lass to pull over, took the drawings in and was given an 'approx' price by one of the Thais guys there and returned to the car and moved on.

That's TradeUPVC. I asked there but didnt like the high-pressure sales techniques or the quality of the product.

Regarding the cost of 'smoked ' or what the fitter called 'dark'  glass, it must be more expensive because it is 8mm thick compared with 6mm for clear glass. The dark glass is on the outside of the DG units.

There is a supplement for tinting (various strengths and colours are available) but it can also be done with thin glass, so I suspect that much of the cost difference in your case would be for the glass thickness rather than the tint.

When fitting double-glazing for noise reduction purposes one should try and get a large air gap and two different glass thicknesses, to minimise sound transfer.

Yes, that's the same place as in my link. Most companies that do "fancy" windows use imported frames, and charge stunningly high prices. People in my building have paid 70-80kB for very chunky PVC sliding patio doors from a well-known farang-run Pattaya supplier, and the finish I saw wasnt very good.

I shall go and see this chap again as it may be that he has found a new source for frames. He certainly could not do what I wanted when I asked a couple of years ago, though what I wanted wasnt unduly complex.

You might get a clue what he can do from his supplier's website..... http://www.cenzathailand.com/product.php

His workers and shop lady are friendly and helpful enough, but you really need to see the main guy, who seems to be there in the morning and back later but out on jobs in between.

His name is 'poppyz' on Line or phone to check that he's in.

After initial contact all our communications were via Line and I paid the Deposit and Balance via online transfer to his Kasikorn.

All very efficient in my experience.

There is a supplement for tinting (various strengths and colours are available) but it can also be done with thin glass, so I suspect that much of the cost difference in your case would be for the glass thickness rather than the tint.

When fitting double-glazing for noise reduction purposes one should try and get a large air gap and two different glass thicknesses, to minimise sound transfer.

Well the extra cost would be for tinting and for the thicker 8mm glass.

The fixed sections are 100mm thick so have a large air gap between the 8mm outer  dark glass and the inner 6mm clear glass.

The fact that they told me this is what they provide shows that they want to give a good quality product.

I am sure many people asking a firm for a quote for DG  would  just assume it would be two panes of clear glass and probably that is what they would get unless they knew to ask otherwise.

Edited by Billyboy294

I am sure many people asking a firm for a quote for DG  would  just assume it would be two panes of clear glass and probably that is what they would get unless they knew to ask otherwise.

I think that's likely.

• 4 weeks later...

Their business card is in Thai but the girl wrote down as  Wonealuminium Tel: 087 534 8516

That number didn't work when I tried it.

That number didn't work when I tried it.

Ah yes, last time she came she gave me a new number but no new business card.

Now Kaew Aluminium 061 565 5685

excellent price billyboy i am i cc too,i will see if they can do a fixed and one slider i don't want a swing door.

• 3 years later...

Has anyone fitted new balcony doors lately i am interested in alum sliders.