Pattaya Live Streams >> Pattaya Girls Live Youtube | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls On Tour YouTube | Pattaya Girls on Tour Facebook | Pattaya Girls on Tour YouTube 2 | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

PVC/Aluminium Doors

Billyboy294

Can anyone recommend a firm which will install a PVC double glazed double door and a window.

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Trade Upvc on pattaya Klang, top end near Sukhumvit. Did my house, good quality and reasonable prices.... Call Ian on 090 921 6230

Trade Upvc on pattaya Klang, top end near Sukhumvit. Did my house, good quality and reasonable prices.... Call Ian on 090 921 6230

Ok thanks.

If there's a farang involved you know the price will be more than a Thai shop,

Lots of PVC shops on the DS, also they sell prefabricated PVC windows in many of the big home construction stores (Home Works, Home Pro,etc) go there for prices and then ask a couple of Thai guys to install them. 

Two of my friends recently got them installed  by a very small company. a young guy around 24 years old and a lady about 34 years old (sister?) I thought i might get a separate quote but decided to use them as the quality of work seemed good and my friend did get another quote.

Actually they are not PVC as i thought but white aluminium  but double glazed.(PVC much more expensive) . The big balcony double door was 19,000 Baht and the window  5000 Baht,

The window (now half window and half hinged opening) 45 x 43 inch has been installed and i am very pleased with it.

Edited by Billyboy294

Two of my friends recently got them installed  by a very small company. a young guy around 24 years old and a lady about 34 years old (sister?) I thought i might get a separate quote but decided to use them as the quality of work seemed good and my friend did get another quote.

Actually they are not PVC as i thought but white aluminium  but double glazed.(PVC much more expensive) . The big balcony double door was 19,000 Baht and the window  5000 Baht,

Who are they and how can one contact them?

Presumably at that price they use the thin local aluminium frames rather than imported ones?

The window (now half window and half hinged opening) 45 x 43 inch has been installed and i am very pleased with it.

5000 for a PVC window?  In the big Home Pro/Home Works shops an average size PVC window is 2000, maybe it's time for me to start a PVC installation business, easy money. 

Who are they and how can one contact them?

Presumably at that price they use the thin local aluminium frames rather than imported ones?

Their business card is in Thai but the girl wrote down as  Wonealuminium Tel: 087 534 8516

Regarding price they have to come measure the space and then have to fabricated the units. They then come and have to remove the existing window and sliding doors (and dispose of them) and fit the new ones including grouting up inside and outside standing on a 5 inch ledge 15 stories up to do the window. my friend got another quote of 44,000 baht as opposed to 24,000 baht.

My window unit is a very solid 4 inches (10 cm). They do the balcony doors next week.

I enclose two photos of my friend's finished work. Our main reason for fitting DG was to cut out the noise from the nearby temple and the markets they sometimes have there.

C 3504 1222CC (2) (Custom).jpg

I chose to have the window opening the normal way.

D 3504 1222CC (4) (Custom).jpg

Edited by Billyboy294

5000 for a PVC window?  In the big Home Pro/Home Works shops an average size PVC window is 2000, maybe it's time for me to start a PVC installation business, easy money. 

Standard off-the-shelf sizes are always much cheaper than made-to-measure. And I doubt that the off-the-shelf HomePro ones will be double-glazed. And you should examine the quality of the materials used. All the local ones I have seen so far are very poor quality.

Then once you have done all that, check out the prices charged by companies here that sell windows/doors made from imported frames and parts. One of those could easily set you back 50,000B or more. Prices seem to be about 3 or 4 times what they would be in Europe, and I doubt that all that goes in import duty. So you are probably correct to suppose that the mark-up is very high.

Their business card is in Thai but the girl wrote down as  Wonealuminium Tel: 087 534 8516

Regarding price they have to come measure the space and then have to fabricated the units. They then come and have to remove the existing window and sliding doors (and dispose of them) and fit the new ones including grouting up inside and outside standing on a 5 inch ledge 15 stories up to do the window. my friend got another quote of 44,000 baht as opposed to 24,000 baht.

My window unit is a very solid 4 inches (10 cm). The do the balcony doors next week.

I enclose two photos of my friend's finished work. Our main reason for fitting was to cut out the noise from the nearby temple and the markets they sometimes have there.

I chose to have the window opening the normal way.

Thanks for that info. Not easy to see on a photo but the frames appear to be the locally made sort, though of better than average quality. Is there any sort of sealing overlap on the closing edge of that door? Thai frames generally dont seem to have that, and you need it for the best results in noise/wind reduction.

Dont like the sound of working on that window ledge though!

Here is a photo of my window. It has  a solid 100 mm  (4 inch) wide frame  with a 8mm dark glass on outside and 6mm clear glass on inside. Note how the dark glass cuts down glare; the wall outside my window is white. Everything seems well sealed

There are stays to keep the the window in the position you want it.

Condo 3507 1238CC (Custom).jpg

It will look better when my old wooden frame is painted white.

Edited by Billyboy294

Not wishing to divert the thread, but when Billy has finished posting I may add some photos if he doesn't mind.

I have just been through the costing exercise for the same size balcony doors in the same location and I reckon his price was OK and given that he'd seen the quality of the work it was probably right to go with what he knew.

My choice was also to use powder coated aluminium, albeit I chose folding (concertina) doors rather than sliders to maximise the opening.

I used the place towards Suk on Thepprasit near Tesco Lotus, whom I used for a room divider previously.

I'll post some prices when I post the pics.

@ Billy regarding disposal, the Condo' Manage is more than keen to take them off your hands (free obviously) and their guys will come up and collect them.

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

Not wishing to divert the thread, but when Billy has finished posting I may add some photos if he doesn't mind.

I have just been through the costing exercise for the same size balcony doors in the same location and I reckon his price was OK and given that he'd seen the quality of the work it was probably right to go with what he knew.

My choice was also to use powder coated aluminium, albeit I chose folding (concertina) doors rather than sliders to maximise the opening.

I used the place towards Suk on Thepprasit near Tesco Lotus, whom I used for a room divider previously.

I'll post some prices when I post the pics.

@ Billy regarding disposal, the Condo' Manage is more than keen to take them off your hands (free obviously) and their guys will come up and collect them.

When i opened the topic i was thinking on getting another quotation but my friend told me he had and so I chose his 'company'  which he said was much cheaper .  And he got them from his next door neighbour so had seen their work.

So the topic is now open for further options as there are some BMs who seem interested in perhaps getting some new  DG windows/doors.

Well i was happy to see the old window taken away but i will suggest to the lady that if she does not want the sliding doors  then the Condo management will take them.

Edited by Billyboy294

The place on Pattaya Klang quoted me 140,000 THB for double doors opening onto my bedroom balcony, They should have called themselves Everest Double Glazing. I would like to change my present ones for heavy double glazed quality PVC with multiple locking,  so I am going to follow this thread carefully :Evil_Grin2:   

The place on Pattaya Klang quoted me 140,000 THB for double doors opening onto my bedroom balcony, They should have called themselves Everest Double Glazing. I would like to change my present ones for heavy double glazed quality PVC with multiple locking,  so I am going to follow this thread carefully :Evil_Grin2:   

What made you decide on PVC?

Back in the UK and elsewhere there are perhaps corrosion and condensation issues with Aluminium, but I think not here?

My reasons for not going for PVC were :-

1. I felt that PVC tends to be more bulky, although when you switch from sliders to openers Aluminium gets bulkier too for structural/strength reasons.

2. I found that most companies offering PVC were 'Euro' and therefore by definition more expensive.

3. I didn't want White.

What made you decide on PVC?

Back in the UK and elsewhere there are perhaps corrosion and condensation issues with Aluminium, but I think not here?

1. I felt that PVC tends to be more bulky, although when you switch from sliders to openers Aluminium gets bulkier too for structural/strength reasons.

2. I found that most companies offering PVC were 'Euro' and therefore by definition more expensive.

3. I didn't want White.

I wanted the bulk and seals as It was also for sound proofing. Although I have metal sliding doors now the balcony is more than large enough to take swing doors, most of the Aluminium stuff I have seen looked somewhat flimsy. Fitting I am not worried about as I have an excellent maintenance guy.

Always willing to review those views though  :Evil_Grin2:

Here is a photo of my window. It has  a solid 100 mm  (4 inch) wide frame  with a 8mm dark glass on outside and 6mm clear glass on inside. Everything seems well sealed.

That definitely seems to be a significant step up from the regular local aluminium frames I have seen. Worth checking out, I think.

3. I didn't want White.

Brown PVC is available though it costs a lot and the choice of frames is more limited. Brown adhesive stickers over white frames seem to be quite commonly used here also, though I'm a bit dubious about that.

For both aluminium and PVC the quality I have seen here is much higher when the frames are imported, though the ones pictured above seem to be a step up as I mentioned. One of the things often missing on local frames is the section used to form a proper seal on sliding doors when they are closed.

PVC is very bulky. No getting away from it as far as I know. I dont like it either. Some imported aluminium frames are very slender but still very strong, though prices are very high.

Well i was happy to see the old window taken away but i will suggest to the lady that if she does not want the sliding doors  then the Condo management will take them.

Aluminium has a very high scrap value. I doubt you will be able to talk her out of them. Most of the places that fit imported frames specify on their quotes that they get to keep the old frames.

Do you really need double doors.

I enclose again the photo of  my friend's view of his balcony  (mine will be the same next week). There is a 100mm  (4 inch) wide DG window and a standard size DG door (you can select size) but not 100mm thick. Note the advantage of having 8mm dark glass on the outside so make sure your supplier knows this, assuming you want it. They save money by puting in clear 6mm glass.

D 3504 1222CC (4) (Custom).jpg

Edited by Billyboy294

Do you really need double doors.

I enclose again the photo of  my friend's view of his balcony  (mine will be the same next week). There is a 100mm  (4 inch) wide DG window and a standard size DG door (you can select size) but not 100mm thick. Note the advantage of having 8mm dark glass on the outside so make sure your supplier knows this, assuming you want it. They save money by puting in clear 6mm glass.

attachicon.gifD 3504 1222CC (4) (Custom).jpg

You are right, looking at that picture such a setup would be fine, one wide opening door and one fixed panel. Are yours going to be double glazed with 8mm dark glass on the outside at the price of 44k THB which I think is a fair price as opposed to the 140k I have been quoted. 

Brown PVC is available........................

Sorry, perhaps I should have said it had to be black.

As I think I said, I previously had a room divider fitted to close off the kitchen from the living area - 3 panels, 2 fixed centre sliding.

This was my start point :-

DSC_0015.jpgDSC_0008.jpg

They are black mirrored glass in black aluminium frames.

My balcony doors were standard for the block - W2400 x H2000.

Smoked glass in brown frames - pretty standard.

DSC_0005-2.jpgDSC_0007.jpg

I had also replaced the curtains on a pole with roller blackout blinds..... in black.

The sliders were quite functional, but two things irked me.

As you might guess, the view is quite important to me and the fact that I had to look at half of it through smoked glass annoyed me.

Also I wanted to be able to open as much of the door area as possible and make the balcony feel part of the room.

I thought of French doors, but I didn't want to open a door across the left wall, which I had mirrored to make the view look wider.

Thus I came up with the idea of having folding/concertina doors.

Finding them was not so easy...and they ain't cheap.

tbc........

............cont.

So I found a few pics on the internet and I did some scaled drawings and I sent them to the guy who did the room divider.

I was expecting about 20k, but he came back with 35k, so I looked around a bit more, using a Facebook group.

Another Thai firm cam back with virtually the same price.

One Thai guy told me 6.5k but I think there was a communication problem.

I also asked a Euro' company called SunParadise to quote and they came back at 82k with the possibility of extras.

So back I went to Thepprasit guy and he came out to measure and confirm...at first he said white only and I thought he might bump the price, but 35k as before.

As I said earlier, for structural reasons the framing is much heavier than for Sliders.

I didn't go for DG but there is ample space for it in those frames.

I wanted the option to only open the left section for walking out or if the weather is bad.

I rarely use the A/C and the doors are open to some extent nearly all the time.....very few Mozzies make it up here.

There are various ways to open it through to fully opened to the right side against the planter I've built in the corner.

DSC_0001_zpspklf1bgl.jpg DSC_0007-2_zpsoazsxhuw.jpg

DSC_0009_zpsstudo0fo.jpg DSC_0008-2_zpsu192q0gr.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsin3ymb6c.jpg DSC_0014_zpswofhfbnl.jpg

Personal choice of course, but I'm happy with mine.

I specified clear glass because I get only evening sun across my balcony and no direct sunlight - I don't think smoked is extra going by previous quotes.

DG would be pointless for me as they are so rarely closed, but it looks like up to 15mm would be an easy fit.

The fittings/hinges/locks appear to be strong Euro' spec', but MiT or imported I don't know  - CENZA

Edited by Edge

This is all so helpful so thank you all. Edge my balcony doors are more the size of your room divider, having two full size sliders which slide in front of two fixed panels. At present I have blackout curtains which even with pelmets top and side is not perfect.   Does your roller blind fit flush so no light comes around the edges and is it electric?

Nice job on the condo but where did you get a 100" TV  :Evil_Grin2:

Edited by Cerberus

This is all so helpful so thank you all. Edge my balcony doors are more the size of your room divider, having two full size sliders which slide in front of two fixed panels. At present I have blackout curtains which even with pelmets top and side is not perfect.   Does your roller blind fit flush so no light comes around the edges and is it electric?

Nice job on the condo but where did you get a 100" TV  :Evil_Grin2:

If the idea of folding doors appealed, then within reaseon size is not an issue, except that you may need (or choose) to incorporate more than 3 sections,

Internet pic (google Bi-fold doors or look on SunParadise website).....Bifold-doors-Entertaining.jpg

The blackout rollers are excellent - no not electric but maybe could be - I use the curtain/blind place on Sukhumvit on left coming south just before the flyover and opposite the orphanage - got a card somewhere.....for the balcony, kitchen and bedroom they cost 17k.

Yes you've spotted a flaw in my plan in that there is a 30 mm gap which now does not coincide with the door pillars which were central.

If I was doing it again I would have a narrower one over the left section and a wider one over the remainder perhaps.

TBH I mainly only use the one on the right to shade the TV screen in the afternoon evening.

One way would be to open the doors such that door pillars did coincide I suppose, but not perfect.....IMG_3568blk.jpg

I do also find them useful as a backdrop for my photographic 'hobby' sometimes and for that I use a strip of matt black paper behind the gap, or just PS it out....bit crude in this one you can see it......blackout.jpg

As for the TV, sorry it's only a 70" but my place is too small to stand a 100".

At an original price of 138k it would have been beyond my budget, but you may recall that Kenot of Quicky made a VIP room at his One Bar which was hardly used?   :Think1:

Edited by Edge