IGNORED

Oman if it aint broke dont fix it.....!

Harvey707

Just reading report on the Flyer forums about the new Dreamliners that Oman have received and which further ones are on order, I was aware that they had slashed 3" off their generous pitch on their A330's with the 787's but guy reporting at 6' 3" same as me said that on the Muscat Bangkok sectors he stood at the back for the entire flight apart from take off and landing rather than being crammed into the seat.

His words were "if you're expecting the same spacious legroom as you got Heathrow Muscat be prepared for a shocking experience on the onward sector" and went on to describe further.

If its that's bad when I fly next week it will be my last Oman return ticket for sure..... No amount of mood lighting, quietness and dimming windows make up for being squashed in like a sardine

Lets hope things improve prior to Oman starting daily flights ex Manchester in April 17.

Lets hope things improve prior to Oman starting daily flights ex Manchester in April 17.

If their A330's are on that sector no problem. Suspect it wont be though. They dont have that many aircraft and I'd say its scheduled for April to coincide with another new delivery of 787's

Whilst this has been in the pipeline for months an Oman Air made a statement confirming it in May, it still doesn't appear on the scheduled flight list and is unable to book anywhere. I emailed Oman Air last month to ask when they would be releasing seats, prices and what the points/mileage rates would be reference Sindbad status and tiers. Their reply was that the service was not confirmed for operational tasking yet and they could not provide me with any information yet.

As mentioned above they may be awaiting delivery of their other 4 787's before beginning operations.

I think I might email them again to see if they have any more information

787 aircraft will be used and Oman Air have been advertising for staff at Manchester Airport so it looks like the route is on but perhaps later than April 17 ?

787 aircraft will be used and Oman Air have been advertising for staff at Manchester Airport so it looks like the route is on but perhaps later than April 17 ?

I didn't notice before and as always assumption is the mother of all Fxxx ups but my return sectors in November are both on A330''s. I had assumed inbound would be the same but its not or certainly not scheduled to be anyway.

I didn't notice before and as always assumption is the mother of all Fxxx ups but my return sectors in November are both on A330''s. I had assumed inbound would be the same but its not or certainly not scheduled to be anyway.

Always good to check he aircraft and look at seatguru.com to check seat pitch etc.  But of course, the airlines CAN change aircraft late in the game.  

I have seen the job advertisements, and I noticed that in the advert it still said that operations began in April. I did email them yesterday but nothing back so far. Ignorant feckers lol. They probably think I'm a mithering bastard to be fair.

Just reading report on the Flyer forums about the new Dreamliners that Oman have received and which further ones are on order, I was aware that they had slashed 3" off their generous pitch on their A330's with the 787's but guy reporting at 6' 3" same as me said that on the Muscat Bangkok sectors he stood at the back for the entire flight apart from take off and landing rather than being crammed into the seat.

His words were "if you're expecting the same spacious legroom as you got Heathrow Muscat be prepared for a shocking experience on the onward sector" and went on to describe further.

If its that's bad when I fly next week it will be my last Oman return ticket for sure..... No amount of mood lighting, quietness and dimming windows make up for being squashed in like a sardine

I used to be a frequent flyer on Oman, but not anymore.

Some years ago they brought in a "professional" manager from Europe. Since then, prices went up and service went down.

Do the Oman 787 have the same setup as qatar? .....IFE boxes on aisle and window seats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to be a frequent flyer on Oman, but not anymore.

Some years ago they brought in a "professional" manager from Europe. Since then, prices went up and service went down.

Not sure about prices up. I'm on next week think it was £360 and mate booked same outbound flight as mine at £330 just this past Monday. Insane pricing but also indication how low passengers loads are.

Do the Oman 787 have the same setup as qatar? .....IFE boxes on aisle and window seats

Will post report early next week after been on the Beast....

Not sure about prices up. I'm on next week think it was £360 and mate booked same outbound flight as mine at £330 just this past Monday. Insane pricing but also indication how low passengers loads are.

Will post report early next week after been on the Beast....

Will be good to know about the 787, am on an Oman flight a couple of days after you.

Will be good to know about the 787, am on an Oman flight a couple of days after you.

Will try and whack up detail day I arrive. Have already put in diary re taylor1975 to do it

Will try and whack up detail day I arrive. Have already put in diary re taylor1975 to do it.

TY.

Looking at the past couple of weeks, the morning flights (OMA815) out of MCT to BKK have been the Dreamliner.

The evening flights (OMA817) have been a mixed bag. Some days It's the B787 and other days the A330 with the Dreamliner being used at more than double the rate as the A330.

image.png

image.png

Pretty slim chance out of BKK for the A330 except maybe on a Wednesday or Friday as you would expect a turnaround of the arriving flight from MCT. Airlines will often up-gage or down-gage the size of aircraft based on flight loads so you can never be sure.

Both the morning (OMA818) and evening (OMA816) flights have mostly been the Dreamliner.

image.png

image.png

Yes I'm on a Wednesday on return Bangkok Muscat sector in evenings. Perhaps why its currently showing an A330 at the moment. Its not massive deal anyway but I do like their Airbus as being tall I can get my legs rights underneath seat in front with no box there and a 34" pitch.

At Omans lounge now. Load on Heathrow Muscat is 56%. Not bothered with seats on this one its the Dreamliner later today which may well be.

How were the dreamliner seats harvey? I ask with trepidation

How were the dreamliner seats harvey? I ask with trepidation

Absolutely fine. No AVOD boxes anywhere and no footrests. I did put up separate thread on 18th Oct

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/305312-oman-dreamliner-update/

Absolutely fine. No AVOD boxes anywhere and no footrests. I did put up separate thread on 18th Oct

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/305312-oman-dreamliner-update/

Ah cheers missed that thread. I'm on the qatar one next month, but i know it has the ife box. The seat pitch was my biggest worry - but hopefully its ok based upon your oman experience.

Enjoy your trip.

Ah cheers missed that thread. I'm on the qatar one next month, but i know it has the ife box. The seat pitch was my biggest worry - but hopefully its ok based upon your oman experience.

Enjoy your trip.

We were on Qatar in July/August had the 380/330/777 but missed the Dreamliner

Have been watching Oman price for January on Sky scanner, Should have grabbed it at £340, now quoting £480 ...Is this just the start of punishment for the sinking pound do you think ?

I wouldn't think so. Emirates, Qatar and others are available for high 300's and low 400's for January from multiply UK airports and dates. I myself booked for £429 from MAN last week. That's with Emirates.

The price increase is more likely due to either, £340 being a saver fare which is now sold out, very popular specific dates, or a combination of the two.

I have noticed a very slight increase in fares but nothing like that.

Archived