Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Oman Dreamliner update

Harvey707

Well all the pre warning gloom and doom quite frankly I'm delighted to say was bollacks. Its a dream for sure

Configured as 3-3-3 my first thought in boarding were immediate walking to the back. No Entertainment boxes anywhere and even better none of those foot rests which chops another inch off the pitch when in the unused position

If that was 31" seat pitch I'll eat my hat although clever slimline seating is giving the illusion of bigger. I at 6'3" was able to recline and get my body virtually straight obviously at an angle. Legs right in under

Mood lighting, Dimming auto windows and a much higher ceiling to the aircraft gives an illusion of more space. It was my first time on any carriers 787 and well impressed

I'd say it was better than their A330's which are known for great seat pitch on Oman

8/10 for sure overall...... One of my mates who came only booked 1 week ago and paid just over £330 return. Silly money

My latest trip was with Oman, I do get seduced by price and have to admit Oman was not that bad other than its "Deamliners" are at present only from LHR to MCT and return which had many empty seats, the rest of the flight time was on their usual craft  from MCT which was "rammed" and therefore was less well serviced due to volume, the cabin crew really earned their money. I have to admit this is a repeat of trying to save money which with my experience I have to now get over. Next trip I have gone for cheap direct again with EVA but I think from now on I will go back to THIA again as it always seems when I have flown with them I arrive in LOS and back in the UK in the best "mood". If only I could afford first class.

I flew last month and return tomorrow. LHR to MCT was A330 and MCT to BKK 787.

I prebooked an exit seat for the Dream liner but at Muscat was informed of aircraft change, still a 787 though. I was allocated window seat but managed to swap once onboard to exit row again.

Will check in tonight to reserve seating.

Thanks for that Harvey its put my mind at rest. I will not bother requesting one of the 18 exit seats.

With your flight delay from Heathrow, I assume you made up time to make the connecting flight !

Thanks for that Harvey its put my mind at rest. I will not bother requesting one of the 18 exit seats.

With your flight delay from Heathrow, I assume you made up time to make the connecting flight !

We arrived about 25 minutes late I think but connection was 1 hour 50 minutes so no issue. We had some wine in the Mahan lounge in Muscat which was decent.

Extremely quick Muscat Bangkok sector just 5 hours 20 landed early. Swampy was empty super empty

Thank you for your update Harvey707!

Oman uses at the moment one or two 787 from another Airline as wetlease, beside of there own fleet of 787. Not sure, maybe the bad reports came from that planes. I mostly fly Oman in Business but will have a go again at Ecconomy in March. Will be 787 all the way. When I flew Ecconomy before, it was on the 330 witch was ok. Only complain was that the toilet usually did look like a battlefild on the first leg from Europe to Muscat. I just say Indians. Second part as clean as a Airplane Toilet can be, used by so many people.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start another thread.....

Oman are consolidating both LHR flights in Terminal 4 from January. So no more confusion as to whether to go to T3 or T4.

Also, their planned new flight from MAN has been pushed back to May 1 2017.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

They have also confirmed the flight timings and equipment for the MAN-MCT flight now.

MCT-MAN 14:00-19:05

MAN-MCT 20:45-07:20 (+1)

The equipment used will be the A330 upon roll-out with an expected switch to the 787-800 as new aircraft are added to the fleet.

For those flying to LOS from the north of the country this will give you another option for a short Middle Eastern transfer as the morning Bangkok flight leaves Muscat at 08:55 and arrives in Bangkok at 17:45.

Understand Oman Air opened reservations today for the route ex Manchester.  'Fill your boots'  ???

Oman Air today (15NOV16) opened reservation for its new service on Muscat – Manchester route, previously announced by the airline. From 01MAY17, the airline will operate this route on daily basis, with Airbus A330 aircraft (C24Y265). Planned schedule as follow.:-

WY105 MCT1400 – 1905MAN 330 D
WY106 MAN2045 – 0720+1MCT 330 D

This Manchester-Muscat- Bangkok interests me and is that right we are looking at a less than two hour change over at Muscat. How does this airline overall compare with Qatar/Etihad/Emirates for economy class?

This Manchester-Muscat- Bangkok interests me and is that right we are looking at a less than two hour change over at Muscat. How does this airline overall compare with Qatar/Etihad/Emirates for economy class?

I bet they are quite similar with some small nuances between them.

Probably more important, is the type of plane you will be on.

Looking forward to more competition out of Manchester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just sat at Heathrow having arrived on the 103 half hour ago. The 330 had been switched to a Dreamliner on Bangkok Muscat and the 330 from Muscat had been retrofitted they only got it back last week.

Biz looks sublime

Only thing letting Oman down is the yet to be completed new terminal so at moment still bussed to aircraft

Both flights about half full

I'm at qatar airport now. Just got off the qatar dreamliner.

Mixed feelings really. I had an aisle seat and there was an IFE box under the seat in front. It uses about 15% of the footspace. Window seat was the same. Not a big issue for me.

The seats definitely don't recline as much as their other planes. I thought mine was broke or sticking! This bothered me. I prefer the older planes and the a380.

Off to bkk in an hour ...on a 777-300ER

Mixed feelings really. I had an aisle seat and there was an IFE box under the seat in front. It uses about 15% of the footspace. Window seat was the same. Not a big issue for me.

The seats definitely don't recline as much as their other planes. I thought mine was broke or sticking! This bothered me. I prefer the older planes and the a380.

I do not wish to appear harsh but what has this got to do with an Oman Air thread?

Yep thats the flight myself and lad were on July 15th from Doha.  Did you get "bussed" to the terminal... ??  We did and I was staggered. Our inbound to Doha was a an A330 though

I do not wish to appear harsh but what has this got to do with an Oman Air thread?

Comparing Oman's Dreamliner to Qatars and clearly Omans is well in front it seems

Fair point but ....as these dreamliners are relatively new, a comparison of the same plane between airlines maybe useful to some.

Yep thats the flight myself and lad were on July 15th from Doha. Did you get "bussed" to the terminal... ?? We did and I was staggered. Our inbound to Doha was a an A330 though

Nope it was the normal way - whatever those connecting bridges are called.

Second leg was the 777-300 and i definetly prefer these older planes to the dreamliner.

Second leg was the 777-300 and i definetly prefer these older planes to the dreamliner.

Interesting because I have been a fan of Omans A330's (I know you're referring to Qatar) but even with smaller seat pitch I felt their Dreamliner with no foot rests no entertainment boxes and slimmer but soft seats is better.

Was looking at Oman air for my flights next year but as Qatar from Paris are using A380's and the new A350's I booked with them.

Was looking at Oman air for my flights next year but as Qatar from Paris are using A380's and the new A350's I booked with them.

Qatars a380 is the dogs bollacks if you can get upstairs in the very small economy section at the back. Think its only around 32 seats. We couldnt check in "upstairs" could only do at airport but got my lad to wear his Qatar Barcelona Football shirt at check in and ended up with exit seats AND exit exit seats on the 777 from Doha,,,!!

Had the same experience with the exit row seats on my trip in September, very comfy.

quote name="Harvey707" post="3852171" timestamp="1479884215"]

Qatars a380 is the dogs bollacks if you can get upstairs in the very small economy section at the back. Think its only around 32 seats. We couldnt check in "upstairs" could only do at airport but got my lad to wear his Qatar Barcelona Football shirt at check in and ended up with exit seats AND exit exit seats on the 777 from Doha,,,!!

Archived