Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Questions concerning renewing retirement visa

thebestman36

I will soon be doing my first 1 year renewal of retirement visa. I have cut it a bit close, due to a trip i planned away from Pattaya. I am using the 800,000 in bank as income required. I deposited money on July 2. So 3 months would be October 2, which is a sunday. Would they likely deny me if I go in on Oct 1st? I can go on Oct 3 or 4th, but I leave on the 5th. I didnt want to wait til last minute in case had problem. When applying for retirement visa, they kept my passport overnight. Do they do the same for renewal? 

My visa doesnt need renewed until Oct 26, but I wont be in patts or near an immigration office between oct 5 and 26.

I just did my 1st renewal . They kept mine overnight . . Maye be best 2 go in on Oct 1 . Im sure they will tell U if ok .

I found them very good .

U have a TGF 2 help U . I found

mine good 4 asking questions if needed

If U go in Oct 1 it will be Oct 3 before U go 2 collect it .

But are they open on Saturday Oct 1 ?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

If you are leaving the country, don't forget to get a re-entry permit before you leave.

If you are leaving the country, don't forget to get a re-entry permit before you leave.

Good advise, also tell them if you are leaving the country more than once in that year.  You can get a triple re-entry, rather than a single.  Cost's more though.

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Not leaving country. Just not near to renew after the 5th. I will try oct 1. Yes i think they open saturdays. I have tgf,but she busy working

Re' the date for funds - it depends who you run into.

They could say no, but logically your new Extension doesn't start until 26th Oct, by which time it would be OK.......logically.

When are you going to get your Bank letter?

Don't forget to take your Bank book and they might want copies of all transactions back 3 months to show the balance didn't dip below 800k.

I don't think they're open Saturday but not sure - check for other holidays...Thaivisa lists them.

They usually keep your PP overnight these days, but it used to be that if you went early you could get it back that afternoon....they might still oblige.

Re-Enty Permits are either Single (1000) or Multi (3800)...no triple.

That's a separate application you can do anytime if you're not going out.

I will soon be doing my first 1 year renewal of retirement visa. I have cut it a bit close, due to a trip i planned away from Pattaya. I am using the 800,000 in bank as income required. I deposited money on July 2. So 3 months would be October 2, which is a sunday. Would they likely deny me if I go in on Oct 1st? I can go on Oct 3 or 4th, but I leave on the 5th. I didnt want to wait til last minute in case had problem. When applying for retirement visa, they kept my passport overnight. Do they do the same for renewal? 

My visa doesnt need renewed until Oct 26, but I wont be in patts or near an immigration office between oct 5 and 26.

I am not sure but you need to check it was my understanding that it 3 months for the first visa and 6 months in the bank for every one after that.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I am not sure but you need to check it was my understanding that it 3 months for the first visa and 6 months in the bank for every one after that.

JDM

Way off.................

............2 months for the first Extension and 3 months for subsequent concurrent ones.

The seasoning is 2 months first time then 3 months after that. The seasoning time is figured for the date you do the paperwork not the effective date of the extension. 

I needed to do my annual extension about three weeks early one year in case of short notice to go to work. I had the 800k and it would have been fine if I waited another two weeks and I would have had the seasoning time. I ended up getting the embassy income letter so I could get it done early.

Immigration is closed on Saturdays.

The 1st of October 2016 is a Saturday and Immigration is closed on Saturdays too.

If you go in the morning it’s possible you get your passport back in the afternoon.

Don’t forget to also get a re-entry permit before you leave the country.

Good advise, also tell them if you are leaving the country more than once in that year.  You can get a triple re-entry, rather than a single.  Cost's more though.

There are no triple re-entry permits, only single ones at 1,000 baht and multiple ones at 3,800 baht.

Both kinds of re-entry permits expire on the expiration date of the extension.

JDM

WRONG.

The seasoning is 2 months first time then 3 months after that. The seasoning time is figured for the date you do the paperwork not the effective date of the extension. 

I needed to do my annual extension about three weeks early one year in case of short notice to go to work. I had the 800k and it would have been fine if I waited another two weeks and I would have had the seasoning time. I ended up getting the embassy income letter so I could get it done early.

Immigration is closed on Saturdays.

You can’t work on a retirement visa plus extensions.

You can’t work on a retirement visa plus extensions.

Many people with retirement extensions are working. You just can't work in Thailand.

Thanks all. Looks like i will go in first thing monday morn. Should be ok, even if they keep passport overnight. When i originally applied for my retirement visa, they didnt accept the letter i got from bank. They wanted print out showing exact date of 800000 deposited. That info was on the copy of my pages from bank book,but that didnt satisfy. Hopefully i dont have issues with that again. The new bank letter i got just verifies the amount currently in my account. It states nothing about dates deposited.

Thanks all. Looks like i will go in first thing monday morn. Should be ok, even if they keep passport overnight. When i originally applied for my retirement visa, they didnt accept the letter i got from bank. They wanted print out showing exact date of 800000 deposited. That info was on the copy of my pages from bank book,but that didnt satisfy. Hopefully i dont have issues with that again. The new bank letter i got just verifies the amount currently in my account. It states nothing about dates deposited.

I asked earlier when you planned to get your bank letter because they can be very particular about whether it's current i.e. to go in on Monday ideally you should have got your bank letter tomorrow Friday or even Monday.

This time, because I hadn't updated my book very often, not all transactions showed, so I downloaded on line and printed it all off - no good, they made me go back to the bank and have them print it all off and stampity stamp it.

Experiences may vary.

First week Sept Jomt.5 , just one page copied as New passbook , covered the needed months , even KK gave copy with letter ,so no need to go to the copy center ,and updated same day as applying ret, ext.

If you go bank same day , they are ok &happy with it ...

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

First week Sept Jomt.5 , just one page copied as New passbook , covered the needed months , even KK gave copy with letter ,so no need to go to the copy center ,and updated same day as applying ret, ext.

If you go bank same day , they are ok &happy with it ...

Can't beat Farm (Kasikorn) Fresh for the bank letter is my point.

Unlike Residence Certificates, they don't have a shelf life.

Turns out I was wrong on my renewal date. Which Im still not sure I understand. The stamp on my retirement visa was October 25 2015. I assumed my renewal was 1 year from that date. But there is also a date stamped November 25 2016, which I thought they put in when I had gone to America this summer and came back a month ago. Did my trip outside thailand change my retirement visa renewal date?

Turns out I was wrong on my renewal date. Which Im still not sure I understand. The stamp on my retirement visa was October 25 2015. I assumed my renewal was 1 year from that date. But there is also a date stamped November 25 2016, which I thought they put in when I had gone to America this summer and came back a month ago. Did my trip outside thailand change my retirement visa renewal date?

Not if it was an Extension....perhaps you had a month left on your O visa when you extended?

They run consecutively.

I'm assuming you are talking about a one year extension of stay rather than a visa.

Here is what mine says. The Retirement extension of stay stamp is about a half page and has two dates on it.

The date on the top line is the expiration date:

Chonburi Immigration

Extension of stay permitted to 8 Dec 2016

under the signature line are stamped the word "Retirement" and another date: 19 Nov 2015.

Then there are a few more lines of text regarding needing a re-entry permit etc.

The 19 Nov 2015 date is the day I did the extension of stay.

If you have been in and out of Thailand since getting the extension and had a re-entry permit there will also be thumb-sized entry and departure stamps for every exit and re-entry.  Every entry stamp, if any, should have the same permitted to stay date as your retirement extension. 8 Dec 2016 in my example.

The re-entry permit would also have two different dates on it:  The "Valid Until" date and the date it was actually issued. The valid until date should match the extension of stay date.

Goolabert....Thanks so much for that. Yes, my dates match as you described on your passport. So it appears that Nov 25 is correct renewal date for me. 

I was originally scheduled to do my 90 reporting on Oct 12. But with my trip to america in july/august, im assuming that date changes to the nov 25 date. 

Goolabert....Thanks so much for that. Yes, my dates match as you described on your passport. So it appears that Nov 25 is correct renewal date for me. 

I was originally scheduled to do my 90 reporting on Oct 12. But with my trip to america in july/august, im assuming that date changes to the nov 25 date. 

As long as you keep doing the annual extensions your date will stay at Nov 25th regardless of what date you actually do the extension. 

The print is so small on the stamp it can be hard to read, especially for those of us whose vision is fading.  Of the two dates on the extension stamp the later date will always be the expiration date of the extension.  I know my date is Dec 8th because it hasn't changed in 10 years.

Many people with retirement extensions are working. You just can't work in Thailand.

Tell nobody.

Archived