Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to buy cooked chickens?

hggcraig

Gonna try and eat healthier next trip. Get stomach problems eating too much fatty food.

Where can I buy plain cooked chickens?

Thanks

Seen a street vendor on Soi Buakhao roasting them up, other maybe supermarket at Central

Big-C (Klang) do loads of cooked meats on premises, including chicken. There's a farang dude behind the counter too.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

Best I have had is from an elderly lady that does rotisserie chickens in Naklua Soi 27.  She is very popular and only does a few each day so best to go and reserve the bird.  Works for me!!!

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

This is the best stand I ever found, always busy, very busy.  Chicken, chicken wings, fish, pork, bacon, some thai dishes and great Somtam.  Jomtien at the back of the rhompho bars.  Great place to meet girls, there are always cute girls buying there

salad somtam.JPG

IMG_8120.jpg

IMG_8121.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

chicken street.jpg

There is a place on buakao down toward the maket at the tukcom end, called pattaya chicken shop (i know genius name) they have lovely chicken

Central Festival but knowing your location would help

The ones in Central Festival temptingly displayed in the refridgerated display cases certainly look tempting

... until you realize they leave refrigerator off to save electricity  :Think1:

... so those tempting cooked chickens have been sitting out all day at room temp  :GoldenSmile1:

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Gonna try and eat healthier next trip. Get stomach problems eating too much fatty food.

Where can I buy plain cooked chickens?

Thanks

Since you don't say where you'll be staying, the answer to your question is "all over town."

Used to be a stall outside Sutus court on buakhao,may have moved but doubt far. Should find plenty at night market venue also on buakhao opposite R-Con apartments.

In the UK I used to buy corn fed chicken from Thailand never seen them again.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

In the market on soi Bukhau across from r con bar next to Tony's gym. As you enter to the right side you will see a Five Star chicken it's the best chicken that I have found in Pattaya. There's a lovely lady there that does a great job. Beachroadlover

Big-C (Klang) do loads of cooked meats on premises, including chicken. There's a farang dude behind the counter too.

He,s employed to stuff them :GoldenSmile1:

Here's a link that discusses 15 "healthy" dining options in Thailand (mostly chicken, but some others):  http://muaythaipros.com/the-15-healthiest-thai-food-dishes-in-thailand/

#1 on that list was the one I was going to suggest: Khao Man Gai (don't know if it is "Mun" or "Man," but it's also called Hainanese Chicken) - I've found it everywhere from street carts (I vageuly recall one right by LK Metro & Soi Diana, but not sure) to the food court on the lowest level of Central Festival.  

It's usually very reasonably priced, filling and I have always enjoyed it.  Some probably find it a little bland, but you can spice just about anything to taste.

I'm also a big fan of satay and cashew chicken, which are common options on the menus of Thai restaurants here in the U.S. (and mai phed!  555)

Grocery store in The Avenue mall on Second Rd & Soi 13 has a good variety of Oscar Mayer sliced meats and lots of other imported foods.

They are somewhat expensive, but I think are a lot more trustworthy for being clean.

turkey.jpg

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Grocery store in The Avenue mall on Second Rd & Soi 13 has a good variety of Oscar Mayer sliced meats and lots of other imported foods.

They are somewhat expensive, but I think are a lot more trustworthy for being clean.

if I was starving and you gave me this, I would have to think about eating it.       all this fresh food here and you show this.   Damn, i got sick from eating here twice in 9+ years, both times at a farang resturant

A note of warning for old codgers like myself, who have arthritis:

I frequently have swollen knuckles that ache due to arthritis.

My massage therapist, a middle aged lady from Korat, who studied natural healing, suggested to me that I stop eating chicken for a month. i thought she was mad, but I decided to humour her, since she had previously given good advice.

Within two weeks, my painlevels had dropped noticibly, and my knuckles seemed less swollen.

She explained that most chicken used in Thailand us battery chicken, what she called 31 day chicken, 31 days between the egg being hedged and the chicken being slaughtered. To help the chicken grow so fast, she claims they feed/inject them with hormoes and antibiotics. The drugs get absorbed by the person esting them, and aggravate the arthritic condition, if you happen to be sensitive to it.

She claims healthy ordinary chickens can take up to five months before they get killed for food.

I didn't est any Thai chicken for three years, my Arthritic pain was minimal.

By impulse, four months ago, We stopped on the street, very hungry, bought a roasted chook and ate it. Within eight hours, I was in agony.

I have since found Betagrow checken, which is not given any drugs (not sure if it is truely organic) , I can eat without paying the price of pain. But most street chicken, No Thanks

Check out the large tray of grease that you often see chicken roasters slather on the chicken. Not sure what's in it, but you know it's cheap and unhealthy. My guess is palm oil and chemical flavorings, but not sure. It's common for precooked chicken to be inflated with salt liquids to increase the size 100 percent so it looks like a better deal to buyers. 

The more funky street chicken places (not chains) where the chickens look small are likely not as adulterated. 

Check out the large tray of grease that you often see chicken roasters slather on the chicken. Not sure what's in it, but you know it's cheap and unhealthy. My guess is palm oil and chemical flavorings, but not sure. It's common for precooked chicken to be inflated with salt liquids to increase the size 100 percent so it looks like a better deal to buyers. 

The more funky street chicken places (not chains) where the chickens look small are likely not as adulterated.

its usually chicken fat 100% organic and natural

Archived