IGNORED

Visa on Arrival

spectnas

I was under the impression that I still do not have to pay a VOA free, having a UK passport?

Come on get with it!! This thread is about the visa on arrival. This is not what you enter Thailand under. You enter under the visa waiver scheme. Now get back to your knitting!!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Come on get with it!! This thread is about the visa on arrival. This is not what you enter Thailand under. You enter under the visa waiver scheme. Now get back to your knitting!!!

Thanks mum 55555

This is probably the first thread about VOA that is actually about VOA for a little while... 555

OP, as others have said, it is nearly impossible to estimate how long it will take at the VOA area.  Chinese tour flights, that aren't scheduled, are likely to arrive any time, day or night.  Then there are Indians and 17 other nationalities you may or may not have to contend with.

Coming from Dubai, you flight may be one of the few that continues on to Australia or New Zealand, so you may not have all that many people leaving the flight in BKK.

I went thru the other night and all Immigration was very quiet... You never know your luck, and I wish you well.

This is probably the first thread about VOA that is actually about VOA for a little while... 555

OP, as others have said, it is nearly impossible to estimate how long it will take at the VOA area.  Chinese tour flights, that aren't scheduled, are likely to arrive any time, day or night.  Then there are Indians and 17 other nationalities you may or may not have to contend with.

Coming from Dubai, you flight may be one of the few that continues on to Australia or New Zealand, so you may not have all that many people leaving the flight in BKK.

I went thru the other night and all Immigration was very quiet... You never know your luck, and I wish you well.

Last 3 times flew through at around 7pm ish......the previous to that well over 2 hours after landing

Last 3 times flew through at around 7pm ish......the previous to that well over 2 hours after landing

Yeah, it is a real lucky dip

I took the VOA on 28th Aug and the entire process took around 10 minutes for me.

My flight landed around 10:40 in the morning. Around 10 ppl in front of me wherein they have now around 6 - 7 counters where they check your documents and put them in the folder and hand you a token. After that they announce the token number and you have the visa. With this visa you need to clear the immigration.

Hope this helps

I took the VOA on 28th Aug and the entire process took around 10 minutes for me.

My flight landed around 10:40 in the morning. Around 10 ppl in front of me wherein they have now around 6 - 7 counters where they check your documents and put them in the folder and hand you a token. After that they announce the token number and you have the visa. With this visa you need to clear the immigration.

Hope this helps

Any difference if you get the Online VOA for filled up & printed out with the bar code & stuff ? Or is it all the same counters to go line up ? 

Any difference if you get the Online VOA for filled up & printed out with the bar code & stuff ? Or is it all the same counters to go line up ? 

I may be wrong but as far i remember I did not see any specific counter catering to online VOA.

I may be wrong but as far i remember I did not see any specific counter catering to online VOA.

I think the question is do you still need to go to the VOA area or can you go to the general immigration area?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I think the question is do you still need to go to the VOA area or can you go to the general immigration area?

You need to go as you need to pay 1000 baht for VOA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to go as you need to pay 1000 baht for VOA

That is soon to be 2000 Baht! (from the 27th of this month if I remember rightly)

If you visa application online, and have both pictures and baht ready, it takes 10mins

Quicker than immigration line

Online application validates Agoda and flights on the system if you do in advance

That is soon to be 2000 Baht! (from the 27th of this month if I remember rightly)

Yes... you are right.... 2000 Baht from 27th September :-(

My Indian friend taking VOA at Bangkok and then travelling to Phuket, does he need to do any kind of immigration / VOA process or anything else from DMK airport at Bangkok or at Phuket airport?

Please suggest & advise if any website is available for such detail.

My Indian friend taking VOA at Bangkok and then travelling to Phuket, does he need to do any kind of immigration / VOA process or anything else from DMK airport at Bangkok or at Phuket airport?

Please suggest & advise if any website is available for such detail.

He will need to complete the visa process at the first airport that he arrives at so it will be in Bangkok. If he is arriving at DMK there have been reports of long delays at immigration. If he is arriving on or after the 27th of this month it would be cheaper for him to get a tourist visa before traveling as the cost of the VOA is increasing to 2000 Baht.

He will need to complete the visa process at the first airport that he arrives at so it will be in Bangkok. If he is arriving at DMK there have been reports of long delays at immigration. If he is arriving on or after the 27th of this month it would be cheaper for him to get a tourist visa before traveling as the cost of the VOA is increasing to 2000 Baht.

thx, so he needs to take VOA at Bangkok, this time as he might land to DMK airport from India, I have knowledge about it however will the Single Entry VOA will work for him as after spending 4 days at Bangkok he would be leaving to Phuket by flight and yes his trip is post 27th September so 2000 Baht would be the visa fee.

Please confirm.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I am arriving on 18 oct from Guanzhou by southern china airlines at 5pm , i will be applying for VOA any idea how bad the lines will be as i need to get to patts asap for i only have 24 hours to enjoy and be back for my flight back home

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

I am arriving on 18 oct from Guanzhou by southern china airlines at 5pm , i will be applying for VOA any idea how bad the lines will be as i need to get to patts asap for i only have 24 hours to enjoy and be back for my flight back home

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

I listed the things you can do before arrival which can speed it up for you. During crowded time, it took me less than 20 mins to go through immigration + voa

• 8 months later...

Archived