IGNORED

Anybody experienced the new D-hotel in Soi Buakhow?

lecarreblanc

Good news though the pound strengthened today against the baht, just a little.

£1 = 44.83 today. Hoping for a steady and steep rise for when I arrive in April :)

Wishful thinking

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news though the pound strengthened today against the baht, just a little.

£1 = 44.83 today. Hoping for a steady and steep rise for when I arrive in April :)

Sorry going down again now 43.75 =£1 Today

Just arrived early this morning and staying here for the first time.

Got a superior facing the front on the 3rd floor. Per night at $33.

Very spacious, clean, and nice. Wifi is good. Ceiling to floor windows/balcony doors along the entire width of the room so lots of light. Friendly front desk. No minibar with free water in the fridge. Decent location, baht bus to Walking Street is basically at the doorstep.

Cons:

-2000 baht deposit needed

-Not many electrical outlets

-Shampoo (at least I think it was shampoo) comes in packets similar to ketchup packets from a fast food place.

-Only 1 keycard so no electricity while you are gone

-Only two pilllows

Forgot to say,

Booking was done through Agoda.

Overall impression thus far is that this place is a great bang for you buck. Will stay again.

Checked in today,first impressions very good.Booked a superior room via Agoda,little more than 1000 baht.The room is big,there are a couple of desks,chairs and a couch(!) In the room.The Balcony is good sized.The only issue was the balcony door couldnt be locked but they fixed it immidiately.The bed is very big

20161124_121459.jpg

20161124_121625.jpg

20161124_121709.jpg

20161124_161751.jpg

IMG-1479994046409-V.jpg

• 2 months later...

I stayed here in November. Price was great. Nice, big clean room. Good WiFI. The location is kind of out of the way though, that is the only reason I'm going to try a different hotel on my next trip. Girls at reception are pleasant. There was a flirty milf that I would have liked to get to know more.  I thought it was strange that I had to leave my key with the front desk when leaving the hotel.

D.jpg

• 3 months later...

What is the deposit required? A few different amounts quoted on this thread itself...

• 6 months later...
What is the deposit required? A few different amounts quoted on this thread itself...

2,000 Baht when I was there last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or you can just give them your credit card and they will make a photocopy which they'll give you when you check out if you don't want to pony up 2000 baht and trust them....

Excellent discussion as I have been looking for a hotel in that area and this looks very good . Thanks

it was one of the better hotels I have stayed at, everything was in good order room cleaned well & girls on the front desk were friendly.

also liked what they did with the towels

20171027_102233.thumb.jpg.8185ebf0382ec10f5fecff86042b8cef.jpg

Checked out today, sadly. Moved down Soi to golden sea which is nothing on D'hôtel for roughly same price. D'hôtel charged 2000 baht deposit. Golden sea 1000. GS has a totally different feel. Yet to test girl friendly attitude of GS.

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2016 at 23:44, Dohmaimai said:

Just arrived early this morning and staying here for the first time.

Got a superior facing the front on the 3rd floor. Per night at $33.

Very spacious, clean, and nice. Wifi is good. Ceiling to floor windows/balcony doors along the entire width of the room so lots of light. Friendly front desk. No minibar with free water in the fridge. Decent location, baht bus to Walking Street is basically at the doorstep.

Cons:

-2000 baht deposit needed

-Not many electrical outlets

-Shampoo (at least I think it was shampoo) comes in packets similar to ketchup packets from a fast food place.

-Only 1 keycard so no electricity while you are gone

-Only two pilllows

Staying there in Feb 

For the key card every hotel i have ever been in that had a key card for the air con can be bypassed by placing any card in the slot.

4 hours ago, narcosis said:

Staying there in Feb 

For the key card every hotel i have ever been in that had a key card for the air con can be bypassed by placing any card in the slot.

hotels are wise to that now. I've been in some where it didn't work.

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

Hotels are wise to that now. I've been in some where it didn't work.

Quite a few places (key cutting shops) offer a card cloning service...keeps the electrics on whilst you are out and about...nothing the hotel can do about it!

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quite a few places (key cutting shops) offer a card cloning service...keeps the electrics on whilst you are out and about...nothing the hotel can do about it!

Can’t they kick you out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LouBaby said:

Does the hotel have joiner fees or not permit 18-21 year olds?

No joiner fee; I had a 20 year old back last time I stayed without issue

No joiner fee for 1 girl but I was charged 500b for 2. It was worth it :) Staying there again next month.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

On 15/02/2018 at 14:56, par47 said:

No joiner fee for 1 girl but I was charged 500b for 2. It was worth it :) Staying there again next month.

It must have gone up from 300 Baht, that's not so good.

Archived