IGNORED

A specific tourist visa question

Encora

I have a N.Z friend, a woman aged 69, who loves Thailand, and wants to spend part of her life here.

Not all, because of grandchildren in N.z and Aus.

She applied to the Thai embassy in NZ some months ago, they gave her a two months tourist visa, then told her when that was up, she would be able to renew it here for another two months.

She was appalled to find that when she did try to renew it for two months in Jomtien, they said "cannot, only one month!

Her ticket back to NZ is a few weeks after the additional month she was given, so she decided to fly out to Malaysia for a few days, then fly back into Thailand for another months visa, which would allow her to fly out three weeks later on her booked flight back to N.Z.

My question:

Will she get her next " visa on arrival" when she flies back in from her "visa run" to Malasia?

Or will she be denied on basis she wss here already for three months?

Note, she does just look like a gray haired honest old farang lady, she is not a mongerer, not a soccer hooligan, Russian Mafia, ore remotely looking like a terrorist!

Sounds like she had a SETV (Single entry tourist visa), so she could apply for another one in Malaysia or try for a METV (multiple entry tourist visa) or just get a Visa Exempt 30 days on arrival. Depends how long she needs.

It's pretty bad that the consulate gave her bad advice!! If it was me I would be sending them an email in the hope that it prevents them repeating it.

If she stays out for a couple of days she should be OK on return.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes, basically her plan was to fly to Malaysia or Singapore and return three days later.

My worry was that they may say upon arrival "you has three months here already, cannot get another "30 days exempt visa on arrival"

Because her flight out of BKK back home is three weeks after that arrival....

Yes, basically her plan was to fly to Malaysia or Singapore and return three days later.

My worry was that they may say upon arrival "you has three months here already, cannot get another "30 days exempt visa on arrival"

They won't say that. No reports of that happening.

If she wants to be safe the embassy in KL will take a tourist visa application one day and return the passport the following day. If she wants to do this get her to email them for their requirements and also to check that they still do it overnight.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived