IGNORED

BA to get even worse

davidge

On 4/6/2017 at 10:19 AM, davidge said:

From The Sunday Times:

British Airways is expected to be downgraded to a three-star rating because of declining standards — leaving it with a worse rating than Russia’s Aeroflot.

Skytrax, a research organisation that reviews all the world’s major carriers, said it is “likely” BA will lose its existing four-star grade, which it said had become “less and less valid” because of cost-cutting.

Demotion to a three-star airline would put BA — which once boasted the slogan “the world’s favourite airline” — on a par with Uzbekistan Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Myanmar Airways and Ryanair.

I flew with BA to BKK last May and it was horrible . Its was like going back in time old planes old dirty seats the movie system not working cranky old stewards and that was the male Queens the female dragons were worse. Never NEVER again will fly with them. 

Just flew with them today and I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard how bad it was getting and had experienced that on short haul but flying longhaul today in Economy, the food was good (probably the best economy inflight meals I have had), nice crew, beer as required. Only slight down side was how cold it was on-board. Still it won't take long for management to change all of that, or "enhance" as I believe management term for cutbacks is at BA these days

Not flown BA for a long time - I think the last was a standby from swampy in 2006. I just will not consider them, ever. they just don't get it. Flying business class I really do not mind paying a bit more to get better service / environment etc. With BA, they always charge more than any fucker, and their service is shit, environment is piss poor, the seats / bed are atrocious. their first class interiors are on a par with most middle east carriers business class. I really do not know how they maintain their position, and think it must be bulk buying from businesses perhaps? Filling the seat lulling them into a false sense of security, whilst cutting their prices. Anyone daft enough to pay to fly them themselves needs their heads read. 

Archived