IGNORED

BA to get even worse

davidge

British Airways is making a number of service amendments for passengers in World Traveller, World Traveller Plus and First cabins.

Among the biggest of the changes is the removal of a second meal service for World Traveller Plus passengers on flights of seven hours or less, and for World Traveller customers on flights of eight and a half hours or less. This will affect a number of routes including those to the US East Coast.

The carrier has also confirmed to Business Traveller the following:

Newspapers will be removed from the gates on inbound short-haul services – they will continue to be available to all customers on flights leaving London, and in the airline’s lounges for premium passengers

Bottles of water will no longer be offered to World Traveller passengers – to be replaced by cups of water

The amuse bouche service is being removed in First cabins

Blankets will no longer be placed on seats for First passengers on day flights, although they will still be offered

A spokesperson for British Airways said:

“We offer customers on all of our transatlantic flights a three course meal, bar service and snacks and on our longer transatlantic flights, including to the west coast, customers are offered an extra meal during the flight.

“We regularly review our catering to ensure we are investing where it matters most to our customers.”

BA recently removed its hot meal service on the longest of its short-haul routes to destinations including Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul, Larnaca, St Petersburg and Sofia.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

They are not known as Bad Attitude for nothing.

I have over 100k avois I will never use as I detest flying with them.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Agreed. I have only used BA once in recent years and it was a "never again" experience.

I learned the only thing BA is good at is apologising.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I flew World-Traveler BKK-LHR return on BA in May,to be honest it was OK, the IFE was a tiny screen & limited-content but the meals were reasonable and the 3-3-3 seating on a B777 was better than many alternatives. The cabin-crew were hard-working on a full flight outbound from London, we were roughly on-time, the price (in a Sale) also reasonable for a direct flight.

I haven't flown BA for more than 12 years after the appalling attitude of the flight service personal on a flight from LHR to Australia return and will never do so again.

There are much more friendlier and better services available on other airlines, BA is just another example of rip-off UK.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

I to hadn't flown for many years with BA after a bad attitude flight attendant gave me a hard time , forced to fly with them last year and whilst there attitude had improved the flight was shit , no leg room and all there interested in is to turn lights off so they don't need to serve

Eva and Thai for me any time

• 3 weeks later...

W

They are not known as Bad Attitude for nothing.

I have over 100k avois I will never use as I detest flying with them.

How much do you want for your miles!

Lets get the party started. Oct Sep 17-25, November 10-20 and December 23-Jan 4

• 2 months later...

Make over 30 trips a year overseas and have NEVER flown with them once, and looking at what they offer will not change my mind one bit.

And their seat-pitch is less than EVA, I flew on both this summer BKK-LHR-BKK, but at least they also plan to upgrade their awful IFE.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I saw that!

Be charging for a shit next.

The problem is many other airlines are following them.

Meh. I love BA. They have good days and bad days. Any delays and they will look after you like a legacy carrier should.

And they don't have many REAllY bad days. Well trained and well maintained.

If the price is right, why not?

Last time I flew long haul with BA it was because I had air miles that I could not redeem with anyone else.  The flight was OK, food OK in fact everything was just OK, nothing like as good as I was used to on Thai.  If it had not been for the free flight maybe I would have not even thought OK!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

I have a shit load of AVIOS as I fly BC at least one every two months or so as the are a preferred supplier for work but I really struggle to use them as the flight availability is getting worse by the week.

Their BC has largely fallen behind other carriers now, 15-20 years ago they used to set the standard - now they are bringing up the rear.

I have a shit load of AVIOS as I fly BC at least one every two months or so as the are a preferred supplier for work but I really struggle to use them as the flight availability is getting worse by the week.

Their BC has largely fallen behind other carriers now, 15-20 years ago they used to set the standard - now they are bringing up the rear.

Yeah they were the first airline to have flat beds in First Class and the first in Business Class. Every other airline played catch up for the next 15 or so years.

BA haven't changed their Business Class hard product as there was nothing better than any other airlines available....yet. They have spent the last few years designing their own and a year or so ago filed patents for a completely new design and layout so i'd expect them to start introducing it sometime soonish.

• 3 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069865

Major IT problems with BA today & global outage of systems.

All BA flight from LHR & LGW cancelled up to 6pm.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40069865

Major IT problems with BA today & global outage of systems.

All BA flight from LHR & LGW cancelled up to 6pm.

Yep, good luck to any BMs due to fly BA over next few days, you're in for a torrid time. You have my sympathy, must suck to be caught up in this mess.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Anyone caught up in the BA fiasco and had a delayed or cancelled flight make sure you submit an EU261 claim, This entitles those whose arrival has been delayed by more than 6 hrs in the case of LHR-BKK or BKK-LHR to 600euros in addition to costs of hotel/food/taxis etc while delayed

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/02/british-airways-cabin-crew-to-stage-four-day-strike-over-pay-dispute-6680879/

BA cabin crew have announced 4 days of strikes from 16 June.

British Airways cabin crew are set to host a four-day strike later this month, it has been revealed.

Staff will walk out for 96 hours on June 16 in a long-running dispute over pay.

The cabin crew have taken several days of industrial action in a campaign over the pay of staff in the so called mixed fleet, who joined the airline in recent years.

An offer aimed at resolving the dispute was narrowly rejected last week.

A BA spokeswoman said: ‘As on the previous dates when Unite called strikes of mixed fleet cabin crew, we will fly all our customers to their destinations.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/02/british-airways-cabin-crew-to-stage-four-day-strike-over-pay-dispute-6680879/#ixzz4ivHsteVW

From The Sunday Times:

British Airways is expected to be downgraded to a three-star rating because of declining standards — leaving it with a worse rating than Russia’s Aeroflot.

Skytrax, a research organisation that reviews all the world’s major carriers, said it is “likely” BA will lose its existing four-star grade, which it said had become “less and less valid” because of cost-cutting.

Demotion to a three-star airline would put BA — which once boasted the slogan “the world’s favourite airline” — on a par with Uzbekistan Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Myanmar Airways and Ryanair.

Archived