IGNORED

UK visitor visa

ejm

On 22/01/2017 at 4:16 AM, valkyrie said:

if visit Visa is granted they are only allowed to stay in uk a max of 18o days in any 365  day period

Does this mean they are allowed to visit multiple times within that period totalling 180 days? Or is it limited to one visit?

It's been fun. But on to pastures new.

Double post

It's been fun. But on to pastures new.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody tell me how to apply without using an agent? She has had the same job in an apartment complex for 4-5 years, not sure how much she earns, Can get her boss to write a letter saying shes getting 3 weeks holidays. ive got my own house and £30000 in savings and have paid my house off so it should be straight forward id think can give evidence of us travelling abroad before. Although im still officially married ive been seperated for 7 years and have the agreement copy. Should be cut and dried ??? Do I book an appointment directly with the embassy in Bangkok ? And is it correct that you have to get her fingerprinted and Biometric shit ??

• 3 weeks later...

You / she can fill out the application online, once you have everything together you make an appointment at the embassy to submit your application and supply additional supporting evidence as required. Yes she will have to be photographed as the visa will have her photo and biometric data on it. 

It's not hard to do, you just have to be systematic and if in doubt supply more info than they need. I am definitely no expert but it sounds like your application should be straightforward as was ours because you are solvent as she sounds to be, she has a job to return to and so on. Agents can be useful for tricky cases but they are expensive, we figured we could make 3 applications for the same money, as it happened we were successful first time. 

http://www.vfsglobal.com

• 1 month later...

Have done several visas for my wife, previously gf and all passed, I would advise strongly advise not putting money in her bank account or using an agent, always say that you will pay for everything. The problem you'll have with this application is the reason to return. There is great advice on a Thailand/UK forum as all on there have completed the process.

Archived