IGNORED

UK visitor visa

ejm

I'm about to set the wheels in motion for getting my TGF a visitors visa to the UK - I'm just wondering if others that have attempted the same can shed some light on her chances.

She's 19, worked in a bar in Pattaya so has no real work experience outside of a brief stint at 7-11. She has no family to support and no kids. We met middle of January of this year and spent most of my time with her until 1st April when she quit work to live with me full time (in Pattaya). During this time we've spent several weeks visiting her family and we've gone abroad together (Cambodia for a couple of weeks). As far as documenting the relationship goes we've plenty of photos and about 17,000 Facebook messages (mostly prior to living together). I have as of week ago returned to the UK for work and she has returned to her hometown and taken up working with her aunt selling food. I'm supplementing her income while she does this. 

As far as my sponsoring of her visa goes - I do not have any real savings however I'm in full-time employment earning 25k per year. She has next to nothing in the bank.

So from what I can tell the risks are -

1. Length of relationship (Began seeing each other 7 months ago, lived together for 4.5 months of that)

2. Her lack of dependents, job, reasons to return

3. My lack of savings

Are these likely to be showstoppers? Has anyone succeeded in getting a visa for a girl in a similar position?

As a starter she must have enough money herself to support her trip an return journey.

She'll need 100,000 baht in the bank.

The sponsor money could be used as proof of income. You would need to prove a year's sponsor money as proof.

On these 2 points if you can't I believe she will be refused on grounds of "no economic reaston to return"

Good luck.

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

As a starter she must have enough money herself to support her trip an return journey.

The sponsor money could be used as proof of income. You would need to prove a year's sponsor money as proof.

On these 2 points if you can't I believe she will be refused on grounds of "no economic reaston to return"

Good luck.

Thanks for your response mate.

If I were to transfer 100,000 baht to her bank account would that qualify? 

I'm not too sure regarding the proof of income as she the 4.5 months she stayed with me I never transferred anything to her bank account directly. Prior to this she would've had income from the bar. Do you think this would be regarded as proof of her own income if she could show a bank statement during that period? I'm not entirely sure how to approach the fact that she worked in a bar either - is this something that we should be upfront about during the application?

I done this 2 and a half years ago & wasn't sending any money, the girl was back in the village helping in her family shop. That's all the embassy needed to know.

So as far as everyone is concerned she had been selling food with her aunt for quite some time before you met her.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

As far as the visa is concerned I think transferring 100000 to her account is a bad idea as it will appear that something dodgy is happening. I think you need to keep in mind that it is a tourist visa you want and not a visa based on a relationship. A relationship is not a requirement for a tourist visa. In fact in some circumstances I think it is a hindrance as it provides a reason for her not to return to Thailand.

IMO give them statement that you will be providing her accommodation and will provide funds for other expenses. Give evidence that you have the capacity to do that and you will have the financial aspects of the application covered. There is no way that a year's worth of sponsorship is a requirement.

If at all possible provide them with a letter stating that she has a job to return to.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Good luck.

My girlfriends now on her third visa to the uk she needs 30.000 Bt in her bank account

My girlfriends now on her third visa to the uk she needs 30.000 Bt in her bank account

do you get the visa's done yourself or do you pay an agent ? they seem to be made out to be difficult to get . is this the case or not ?

Good luck.

Sorry but my girlfriend now wife had no money in her bank account and has been to the UK on visitors visa three times. If the sponsor is paying for everything then she does not need to have money in the bank. It's not as if this is a reason to return as it can be taken out of a cash point anywhere in the world.

My girlfriend did not work either and did not really have any reason to return. I think returning on time within the visa requirement probably made it easier the next time.

I think agencies like to say they need 30k in the bank as they know it's sent by you and it covers their fee if the visa application is successful.

More importantly is a letter from the sponsor which explains their relationship, financials, where they will be staying and what they will be doing in the UK. Keep it short and to the point. Most of all be honest on your application.

So can a married man get a tourist visa for his girlfriend??,,

I don't think that your marital status is of any interest for an application for a tourist visa for another person. It is not you applying for the visa.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just tell the truth as there is a line on the application that says she could be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if they check and anything is wrong .  This happened to my girlfriend on a second application and I am presently waiting for the Home Office to come back to my MP after he raised the matter with them. She had an up to date job offer from where she previously worked but had stopped working there 6 months earlier . The agent we used insisted on putting the false information as she had previously worked there and got the visa.

If I were to transfer 100,000 baht to her bank account would that qualify

That is certainly one road I would not advise going down!

• 4 weeks later...

Artificially inflated a bank account - snippet taken from a GV 51 recently.

The applicants partner transferred funds into her account on the advice of a Pattaya based visa agent :

You state you have been employed as an Assistant House Keeping Manager at the  *********** Hotel  since March 2014 and receive a monthly income or 22,000  Baht,-which is 470.00 pounds at the present exchange rate of 46 Baht to the pound. You state that you do not have any other jobs or income.

Furthermore, the deposits into the account do not correspond with your income and you have not provided an explanation for the deposits which are in excess of your declared salary. Based upon the documents you have submitted I am not satisfied you are employed in the capacity you state, your circumstances are as you describe and you intend a genuine visitor to the UK.

Do not artificially inflate the applicants bank account thinking it will guarantee the applicant a visa.

Should you require professional advice feel free to contact me.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

Lots of bad advice here! Transferring money to her account is unnecessary and likely to lead to the visa being rejected. There is no requirement for the applicant to have any money as long as the sponsor can demonstrate that he can pay for her trip. If she's only staying a couple of weeks and staying at the sponsor's home, it doesn't have to be a lot of money.

She will need to show she has a "reason to return" to Thailand - eg. a job, university course, or other ties to Thailand like land.

Lots of bad advice here! Transferring money to her account is unnecessary and likely to lead to the visa being rejected. There is no requirement for the applicant to have any money as long as the sponsor can demonstrate that he can pay for her trip. If she's only staying a couple of weeks and staying at the sponsor's home, it doesn't have to be a lot of money.

She will need to show she has a "reason to return" to Thailand - eg. a job, university course, or other ties to Thailand like land.

The days of issuing tourist visas to the UK based on relationships only are long gone. Any applicant will need to demonstrate a strong reason to return at the end of his/her stay in the UK.

Good advice Brewster.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

• 2 weeks later...

Wasnt hard for us to be honest.

She has no land or money in the bank but we still got one no problem.

Used a visa agent and it wasnt untill a few months ago i actually saw the application info that was submitted. Theres was a lot of bullshit in it , lots of made up stuff and if i had seen it before hand i wouldnt of submitted it.

Embassy did ring her at her place of work though and asked her some questions.

Wasnt hard for us to be honest.

She has no land or money in the bank but we still got one no problem.

Used a visa agent and it wasnt untill a few months ago i actually saw the application info that was submitted. Theres was a lot of bullshit in it , lots of made up stuff and if i had seen it before hand i wouldnt of submitted it.

Embassy did ring her at her place of work though and asked her some questions.

You need to name who the agent was. When there is clear bullshit rest assured if uncovered it will be recorded against you as the sponsor and make it virtually impossible for the Girl to apply successfully again

Employment is seen as a reason to return.

Thai Visa Express

A similar friends GF visa she had no money in any accounts and it was turned down on him not having enough money in his accounts to support her on the 2nd application he showed £4,000 in an account to support her while she was here, visa granted

• 2 weeks later...

If i've £100,000 savings plus own house etc will i have any trouble getting my thai lass a UK visa for 6 months.

Ive read the link about money requiments, but for a longer period like 6 / 12 months?

Shes employed in an office at the moment...

The ECO will take into account the applicants personal and economic circumstances in Thailand . 

And It is also their  responsibility to satisfy them that they are a genuine visitor to the UK & they will depart at the end of their proposed stay.

• ​Adequate funds
  • Accommodation 
  • And can meet the cost of the onward journey

Thai Visa Express

• 3 months later...

If i've £100,000 savings plus own house etc will i have any trouble getting my thai lass a UK visa for 6 months.

Ive read the link about money requiments, but for a longer period like 6 / 12 months?

Shes employed in an office at the moment...

if visit visa is granted they are only allowed to stay in uk a max of 18o days in any 365  day period

• 3 months later...
On 2016-8-21 at 0:46 PM, Mr David said:

Sorry but my girlfriend now wife had no money in her bank account and has been to the UK on visitors visa three times. If the sponsor is paying for everything then she does not need to have money in the bank. It's not as if this is a reason to return as it can be taken out of a cash point anywhere in the world.

My girlfriend did not work either and did not really have any reason to return. I think returning on time within the visa requirement probably made it easier the next time.

I think agencies like to say they need 30k in the bank as they know it's sent by you and it covers their fee if the visa application is successful.

More importantly is a letter from the sponsor which explains their relationship, financials, where they will be staying and what they will be doing in the UK. Keep it short and to the point. Most of all be honest on your application.

i just putting the visa app together now and just wondered do i need to include my bank printouts, house deeds etc? also in my bank i dont have the full amount of money in £4k, but im paid ok £33k a year (which is more than is required to support a spouse), well this be enough to show i can support her during her visit?

cheers

i just putting the visa app together now and just wondered do i need to include my bank printouts, house deeds etc? also in my bank i dont have the full amount of money in £4k, but im paid ok £33k a year (which is more than is required to support a spouse), well this be enough to show i can support her during her visit?
cheers

The amount of money you need to show is however much you need to cover the cost of her visit. If she's only coming for 2 weeks, you don't need too much. If she's staying for months, you'll need more. Just explain it in the application or in your sponsor's letter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Archived