Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nate Diaz v Conor McGregor 2 August 20 Saturday UFC202

jomtienguy

I love Nate, but as dumb as he is, he knows a loss sets him up for one more big pay day.

"Make it a close fight, then claim you were robbed" sets him up for the Trilogy.

Next time though, Nate takes him to the mat over and over again, destroys Conor.

Nate's not very good at taking people down, so it's highly unlikely he's ever gonna take someone to the mat over and over again. Have you ever seen him do it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really Lawler vs McDonald blew this away and a few more.  Nate has so much scar tissue he'd bleed from a facial massage.  In reality McGregor did little damage.  I will be watching and reassessing this fight next couple days to see if I am correct about my first thoughts of fixing.  Strange thing was Nate was acting like the leg kicks made him inoperable than magically he is fine from the later rounds on.  Add his Nate's half hearted take downs and McGregor moving just fine than magically he claims a broken leg after the fight. 

agree but didnt have this much hype and attention that why it bigger

Yep, this fight isn't even the best fight of 2016, let alone one of the best ever. However, I think it's going to be overrated in terms of how great some people think it was (much like its participants are a bit overrated imo, and I say that as a big fan of Diaz) since it was such a highly-hyped fight which turned out pretty good in the end; being close, with shifts in momentum, etc. Also, the more recent cards being duds helps make this fight look better, too. Regarding McGregor, who seems to polarize the MMA fanbase more, I don't think he is anywhere near as good as he and some of his fans think he is, nor as bad as some of his detractors state. Like I said earlier, I really don't need to see another fight between these two. Let's move on.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I got in on this thread late. One thing I don't think we should forget is McGregor is the champion at 145 pounds and is fighting Diaz at 170. An enormous difference. As for the conspiracy theorists I doubt the fight was thrown by Diaz. Could be but I doubt it. The scoring of the fight was right on to me. Conor knocked him on his ass 3 times in the first two rounds. The 2nd round could easily be scored 10-8 for McGregor. I'm looking forward to part 3.

Sorry I got in on this thread late. One thing I don't think we should forget is McGregor is the champion at 145 pounds and is fighting Diaz at 170. An enormous difference. As for the conspiracy theorists I doubt the fight was thrown by Diaz. Could be but I doubt it. The scoring of the fight was right on to me. Conor knocked him on his ass 3 times in the first two rounds. The 2nd round could easily be scored 10-8 for McGregor. I'm looking forward to part 3.

Unfortunately I don't think we will see it anytime soon.

McGregor is going to fight Alvarez at 155 on Nov 12th at UFC 205.

Unfortunately I don't think we will see it anytime soon.

McGregor is going to fight Alvarez at 155 on Nov 12th at UFC 205.

Aldo gets fucked again by Dana.

The 10 year undefeated champ got clipped in 13 seconds. Deserved an immediate rematch. 

Aldo gets fucked again by Dana.

The 10 year undefeated champ got clipped in 13 seconds. Deserved an immediate rematch. 

Yeah I think that stinks, there must be more money in marketing the other lads. A shame really he deserved another crack.

Yeah I think that stinks, there must be more money in marketing the other lads. A shame really he deserved another crack.

it's all about the marketing. McGregor's never going back to 145 with the new rehydration rules. Of course, he should give up the FW belt as White, who has lost all credibility, said he would if he didn't fight the winner of Aldo-Edgar next. But from a marketing standpoint, McGregor attempting to be the first fighter iin UFC history to hold two belts simultaneously sells. I understand this is a business more than a sport. There are a lot of casuals out there and this fight will sell well. However, the sport will have its ups and downs and big names come and go. So, there can be repercussions down the road to alienating long time, hardcore fans with this sort of stuff.

Aldo's asked to be released from his UFC contract. I really can't think of anyone more deserving of a rematch especially when you considered the other bullshit rematches we're subject to, like the upcoming Bisping-Henderson. Also, sucks for all the other top LW's being passed over for a title shot.

Archived