IGNORED

Retirement visa within the first 30 days?

lolokalbo

I'm thinking of heading over on a normal 30 day visa and try to shoot for a retirement visa with multiple reentry stamp. Can I get a retirement visa with the first 30 days or do I have to wait 30 days and then shoot for it?

We usually come over on a 60 day visa from the Thai embassy in Manila. This time My boss has to wait 2 more months before her friggin interview just to get another passport????

Thank you folks :Banghead2:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will first need a NON-O from one of neighbouring countries (or your home country) 

what can be converted to a retirement . Not possible with only a 30 day visa waiver . 

No,,, I need a non-o 90 day then was granted one at the end of those 90 days ,,,Bangkok immigration.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

It can B done . It will just cost U a bit more

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Yes the visa bit is doable....

The one thing that could throw a spanner in the works, if using the bank account route, is the "seasoning" time.  You need 800K THB in a Thai Bank for 2 months, for the initial application and 3 months for subsequent renewals.

OR  you can prove an income of at least 65K THB per month or a combo of both

It can B done . It will just cost U a bit more 

Talking from experience or hear/say ... ? What is a bit more ? 

Think with the army in charge and overstayers being banned for almost nothing i wouldn't risk it . 

Visa service will charge up from 20,000 bt,, but will still be same procedure.

Jerry.

I was given a ph # 4 imm officer .

All done in 10 days . About 15000 thbt xtra.

Another person I met in Patts went through a visa shop . All good there also .

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

You will first need a NON-O from one of neighbouring countries (or your home country) 

what can be converted to a retirement . Not possible with only a 30 day visa waiver . 

It's much easier if you get the Non-O before arriving but it can be done. I helped a guy do it last year.

The 30 day visa exempt entry can be converted to a non-O by submitting a TM 87 Application For Visa. The Jomtien Immigration office does not have approval authority for that but can accept the application and send it to Bangkok for approval.

Pattaya can then Approve the TM 7 Application For Extension Of Temporary Stay In The Kingdom (aka Retirement Visa).

Jomtien made an issue about my friends rental agreement, said it was no good and generally gave him a hard time but for a "Service Fee" of about 12,000 Baht made it all happen. Their "Fee" did include the costs of the Non-O and one year extension.

He could have saved himself the service Fee by taking the TM 87 to Bangkok Imm himself.

Hmm? Great I have yes and no for my answer? well I have couple of questions and first I'm a yank and I do have pretty good monthly income, then why do I need 800k in the bank?

Hmm? Great I have yes and no for my answer? well I have couple of questions and first I'm a yank and I do have pretty good monthly income, then why do I need 800k in the bank?

You don't need 800k in the bank. That is just one of the options. You can get an Income Affidavit from the US Embassy in Bangkok as the other option.

You also must be over 50. I assume you are but you didn't mention age.

Also if you want to do this you need to do it soon after arrival as the it could take up to two weeks for the TM87 (Non-O Application) to be approved and you will need the Embassy Income Statement to submit with that also. You must meet all the requirements for the one year extension of stay to submit the TM87.

Getting a Non-O before coming here is still the preferred way.

Visa service will charge up from 20,000 bt,, but will still be same procedure.

Any recommendations for a visa service to provide this service?

I have been told it can be all done including the multiple re-entry permit, 90 day non immigrant O visa and then the 12 month extension.  Also told that they will help in opening the bank account before application, and show the 800,000 baht in that account.

I wonder how they would do that, and the funds have to be there for at least two months.  The answer is thats why you are paying

the premium to get all this done.  I have a friend who has had this done, paid a total of Bht 34,000/ inclusive of all regular fees and was here on a visa exempt status, applied the second day and had visa on hand in two and a half weeks.  Seems too much money

but I guess if all went fine, and the stamps in his passport are genuine, could be worth it for someone.

ez

I miss the good old days when you only needed a tattoo and a note from your mother

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Any recommendations for a visa service to provide this service?

I have been told it can be all done including the multiple re-entry permit, 90 day non immigrant O visa and then the 12 month extension.  Also told that they will help in opening the bank account before application, and show the 800,000 baht in that account.

I wonder how they would do that, and the funds have to be there for at least two months.  The answer is thats why you are paying

the premium to get all this done.  I have a friend who has had this done, paid a total of Bht 34,000/ inclusive of all regular fees and was here on a visa exempt status, applied the second day and had visa on hand in two and a half weeks.  Seems too much money

but I guess if all went fine, and the stamps in his passport are genuine, could be worth it for someone.

ez

The price appears to be about 10k too high, but otherwise yes, it is all possible through an agent.

Here's one  http://www.thaivisa-express.com/

Talking from experience or hear/say ... ? What is a bit more ? 

Think with the army in charge and overstayers being banned for almost nothing i wouldn't risk it . 

I'm also surprised that the military haven't cracked down on this, especially as they seemingly took over Pattaya Immigration, but the option for fast tracking those on a VW stamp (and other dodgies 555) is there and those providing it appear to be as busy as ever.

If there ever was a serious crackdown, of course the records of those who go this route will probably be incomplete.

I myself had to do things the expensive way a few years back and again this year I had to sit while they trawled back through my records for 20 minutes looking for something which isn't there.

On top of that, because I hadn't updated my bank book often enough, there were gaps in the book records over the previous 3 months where perhaps i might have dropped below 800k then topped it up (don't see how). I had printed off the full details via online banking, but no, I had to go back to the bank and get them to print it and stampity stamp it.

My point is that sometimes they look at all the detail and sometimes not, but for those on 'fast track' visas the detail won't be in their records.

I'm also surprised that the military haven't cracked down on this, especially as they seemingly took over Pattaya Immigration, but the option for fast tracking those on a VW stamp (and other dodgies 555) is there and those providing it appear to be as busy as ever.

If there ever was a serious crackdown, of course the records of those who go this route will probably be incomplete.

I myself had to do things the expensive way a few years back and again this year I had to sit while they trawled back through my records for 20 minutes looking for something which isn't there.

On top of that, because I hadn't updated my bank book often enough, there were gaps in the book records over the previous 3 months where perhaps i might have dropped below 800k then topped it up (don't see how). I had printed off the full details via online banking, but no, I had to go back to the bank and get them to print it and stampity stamp it.

My point is that sometimes they look at all the detail and sometimes not, but for those on 'fast track' visas the detail won't be in their records.

I can understand their point about gaps in the bank book. If you haven't updated regularly enough it just adds up the movement. Seems daft but i guess they are trying to save money on books.

You don't need 800k in the bank. That is just one of the options. You can get an Income Affidavit from the US Embassy in Bangkok as the other option.

You also must be over 50. I assume you are but you didn't mention age.

Also if you want to do this you need to do it soon after arrival as the it could take up to two weeks for the TM87 (Non-O Application) to be approved and you will need the Embassy Income Statement to submit with that also. You must meet all the requirements for the one year extension of stay to submit the TM87.

Getting a Non-O before coming here is still the preferred way.

Which one is non o? This is taken from Thai Embassy website:

9f9bdb0241ab8b3a0b27b82c488a6c28.jpg

A Non-O is the generic visa (good for 90 days) that isn't one of the specific purpose types such as "B" or "ED". The "O" stands for "Other". It can be single or multiple entry but each entry is only good for 90 days.

Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" is the full name.

It can be issued for a variety of reasons such as being over 50 and eligible for the one year extension or being married to a Thai or having a Thai child etc.

A Category "OA" is different and gives a full year stay but has more requirements to fulfill. A Non-OA is normally only available in your home country. The OP probably would not be able to get one in the PI,

I can understand their point about gaps in the bank book. If you haven't updated regularly enough it just adds up the movement. Seems daft but i guess they are trying to save money on books.

Yes, just a minor irritation in the interests of the bank saving a few Satang and perhaps the bank might have anticipated the problem when I paid them for a letter for immigration confirming that.......but now I'm being silly.

No, my point was that they rightly needed all this detail for my records.

So how would they square the bank records of someone who has done the In/Out overnight 'fast track' dodge I wonder? 

Time vs money.... & who's "service" do you trust more (visa shops, or *ahem* service (if offered) by an Immigration official)...

Your choice...

I recently converted my 30-day on arrival to a Non-imm O + Retirement Extension + Multientry... 

I had the baht in a Thai bank for the required duration, so almost painless...

Immigration has many many many undocumented "hoops" they may spring on you randomly...

Read elsewhere about the various "additional" "requirements" being asked by the various Immigration offices...

What "hoops "..... When I did mine was easy ,, hardest part the wait but not bad , Application filled out,, Bank book up to date,, pic,,1900bt. Can not understand paying 25,000 bt to get out of a 2hr wait.

A Non-O is the generic visa (good for 90 days) that isn't one of the specific purpose types such as "B" or "ED". The "O" stands for "Other". It can be single or multiple entry but each entry is only good for 90 days.

Non-Immigrant Visa Category "O" is the full name.

It can be issued for a variety of reasons such as being over 50 and eligible for the one year extension or being married to a Thai or having a Thai child etc.

A Category "OA" is different and gives a full year stay but has more requirements to fulfill. A Non-OA is normally only available in your home country. The OP probably would not be able to get one in the PI,

WRONG!!! I got a number of 60day + 30day visas from the Thai embassy in Manila. :WinkGrin1: :WinkGrin1: 

WRONG!!! I got a number of 60day + 30day visas from the Thai embassy in Manila. :WinkGrin1: :WinkGrin1:

He's not wrong.

I don't understand what you're saying about "60day + 30day visas" but unless you're Filipino you won't have got a Retirement Visa (OA) for Thailand.

Edit - I'll guess you're talking about SETVs?

You have no idea what you're talking about. A visa with a 60 day entry stamp is a Tourist Visa not a Non-O which gets a 90 day entry.

Archived