IGNORED

why Can't I Get Any Sound From My Computer Videos or the Web?

Sexyfarangman

Not even the little set that came with your iPhone6+ ?    :WinkGrin1:

It would just check whether there's any output.

Go to Devices Manager and Update Driver on your Sound Card.

Might be blown speakers. That's why it is a good idea to try the headphones. You'll know then that it's very likely a hardware issue rather than anything in the operating system.

One thing I just noticed on my vlc player is that the mute icon under audio is checked. However, I can't uncheck it despite several attempts. I don't know whether this also affects my windows media player and real player, neither from which I can get sound.

One thing I just noticed on my vlc player is that the mute icon under audio is checked. However, I can't uncheck it despite several attempts. I don't know whether this also affects my windows media player and real player, neither from which I can get sound.

Should uncheck just by clicking on it or increasing Volume, but can you get any sound using Windows Media Player?

Should uncheck just by clicking on it or increasing Volume, but can you get any sound using Windows Media Player?

By playing around with all this stuff as per the comments on this thread, VLC and WMV are working again, though I don't know why. I still can't get any sound from real player, but I can wait until I get back to the US to have that problem fixed. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. At least now I know to go the Third floor on Tukcom next time I have a problem I can't fix. This forum is always a great place to get technical advice on computers and phones. That advice can more valuable than what we hear about the girls. :GoldenSmile1:

By playing around with all this stuff as per the comments on this thread, VLC and WMV are working again, though I don't know why. I still can't get any sound from real player, but I can wait until I get back to the US to have that problem fixed. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. At least now I know to go the Third floor on Tukcom next time I have a problem I can't fix. This forum is always a great place to get technical advice on computers and phones. That advice can more valuable than what we hear about the girls. :GoldenSmile1:

You can set VLC or Windows player to read Real Player files.

I didn't even know they still used that format. ...

I'm a blowfish!

You can set VLC or Windows player to read Real Player files.

I didn't even know they still used that format. ...

I'm a blowfish!

AFAIK Real Player doesn't have its own files. You have to use wmv and vlc videos in the real player. Anytime I have downloaded a video it comes out in vlc or wmv, never real player.

• 3 months later...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology" -Carl Sagan

Archived