IGNORED

Best restaurants for solo dining?

As for wine - forget it while in Patts.

You are unlikely to get good wine at the right temperature that doesn't cost the earth.

Not that bad, there are places that serve up a drinkable table wine (Italian Merlot in our case) at 300 baht per carafe. The house and premium wines have a limited mark up too.

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Not that bad, there are places that serve up a drinkable table wine (Italian Merlot in our case) at 300 baht per carafe. The house and premium wines have a limited mark up too.

That's a reasonable price for a carafe of red wine.

What temperature is it served at?

If it's at non aircon room temperature, that will be 30+ degC!

Red wine should be served around 12 - 13 degC.

OP, first thing to understand is these awkwardness feelings are only in your own head.

Been coming to Pattaya alone since 2006. Eat alone 90% of the time.

TBH the thought has never occurred to me until I read your post.

OP, first thing to understand is these awkwardness feelings are only in your own head.

Been coming to Pattaya alone since 2006. Eat alone 90% of the time.

TBH the thought has never occurred to me until I read your post.

I agree it's a very easy town for solo dining. I think exceptions would be more fancy romantic type of places and MK.

Pattaya Beer Garden - eat alone there a few times and at least one of the waitresses will ask for a date. Unfortunately not the cute ones though.

Or get takeaway food and eat it in a bar. Bronx Pizza and Soi Diana beer bar complex is a good combination.

I agree it's a very easy town for solo dining. I think exceptions would be more fancy romantic type of places and MK.

I couldn't eat alone in MK, I'd need somebody to do the cooking

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I couldn't eat alone in MK, I'd need somebody to do the cooking

Yeah but they have some nice food there that isn't suki such as roast duck and dim sum. That would make a good solo meal. 

My suggestion is to ask for advice and then never return to the thread. Oh, wait. Nevermind...

Big Mike.

Pattaya Beer Garden - eat alone there a few times and at least one of the waitresses will ask for a date. Unfortunately not the cute ones though.

Or get takeaway food and eat it in a bar. Bronx Pizza and Soi Diana beer bar complex is a good combination.

Many eat alone at the bar in the beer garden, said before I love the place but the tables at night are far too dark

I like to eat alone.... it's cheaper!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Archived