Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Open - Royal Troon 2016

eanto

If he likes a burger he must be ok. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

If he likes a burger he must be ok. :GoldenSmile1:

Not sure Greg Norman trained on burgers but he certainly was a character

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Not sure Greg Norman trained on burgers but he certainly was a character

He was also a choker.

Robw

Stenson is 40 yrs old , probably will be his only majors in his career like Darren Clarke . But if he played like today , he could win one more .

Or 5 more. Pile enough " ifs " together and anything can happen.

A 63 in the final round of a major? Two guys in a zone for 4 hours.

Amazing, truly amazing.

He was also a choker.

Remember Jack Nicklaus was runner up in 19 major championships.

He came in 3rd in something like 9 others.

He was also a choker.

I can't find it in me to call a guy who won over 65 tournaments combined (PGA, Europe PGA and Aussie PGA) plus two Open championships a choker.  I don't think that tag is merited.

Remember Jack Nicklaus was runner up in 19 major championships.

He came in 3rd in something like 9 others.

You can't compare Norman with Jack Nicklaus IMO.

Robw

I can't find it in me to call a guy who won over 65 tournaments combined (PGA, Europe PGA and Aussie PGA) plus two Open championships a choker.  I don't think that tag is merited.

His match with Nick Faldo showed that,blowing the big lead he had.

Robw

You can't compare Norman with Jack Nicklaus IMO.

No one is comparing the two, only that winners also lose. Nicklaus lost major championships many, many times (19). Was he a choker?

His match with Nick Faldo showed that,blowing the big lead he had.

It's fair game to say he choked once, but not to call him a choker IMO.  At least that's how I see it.  And Faldo was very gracious that day too.  Norman won enough times that he defeated the battle of nerves on more than one occasion.  

Frankly I expected to see Henson bottle it Sunday if pressed like he was by Michelson.  Nope.  he came through.  But he may choke next time.  If he does, is he a choker?  You and I may just see the term in different ways.

It's fair game to say he choked once, but not to call him a choker IMO.  At least that's how I see it.  And Faldo was very gracious that day too.  Norman won enough times that he defeated the battle of nerves on more than one occasion.  

Frankly I expected to see Henson bottle it Sunday if pressed like he was by Michelson.  Nope.  he came through.  But he may choke next time.  If he does, is he a choker?  You and I may just see the term in different ways.

I think we have different views,no big deal.

Robw

Stenson beat Michelson in the Open on Sunday in a final round that was of the highest quality and played in the true spirit of the game . Both men walked from the 18th green with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders , knowing that they had been involved in something special.

Their final round , now referred to the "duel in wind " has superseded the Duel in the sun involving, Watson and Nicholas and will go down in golfing lore.

However, the result could have been different , had Stensons drive on the 18th , not stopped tantalizing short of the fairway bunker .

Greg Norman's drive in the playoffs in 1989, found the same bunker , which let him to loose the Open to Calcavecchia. .

Golf is a game of inches ( some say the inches between your ears ) and you always need some Lady Luck if you are to win.

Norman is not a chocker, he just did not have the Lady Luck or the rub of the green that Stenson enjoyed on the 18th last Sunday.

Stenson beat Michelson in the Open on Sunday in a final round that was of the highest quality and played in the true spirit of the game . Both men walked from the 18th green with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders , knowing that they had been involved in something special.

Their final round , now referred to the "duel in wind " has superseded the Duel in the sun involving, Watson and Nicholas and will go down in golfing lore.

However, the result could have been different , had Stensons drive on the 18th , not stopped tantalizing short of the fairway bunker .

Greg Norman's drive in the playoffs in 1989, found the same bunker , which let him to loose the Open to Calcavecchia. .

Golf is a game of inches ( some say the inches between your ears ) and you always need some Lady Luck if you are to win.

Norman is not a chocker, he just did not have the Lady Luck or the rub of the green that Stenson enjoyed on the 18th last Sunday.

Well said mate .... Speaks like a media pro .. :)

I thought Norman was class. Major champ and world No.1 doesn't come easy me thinks. Awful taste in women though but he's not alone there

Well said mate .... Speaks like a media pro .. :)

Great post but got Jacks name wrong

. You are worse than my school teacher .. A sharp eyes fucker .. 555 Nicklaus ..

. You are worse than my school teacher .. A sharp eyes fucker .. 555 Nicklaus ..

I'm teaching English in Thailand now, on a family level 55. I still think Tiger was the best ever, just a shame his career was curtailed since 2008

I'm teaching English in Thailand now, on a family level 55. I still think Tiger was the best ever, just a shame his career was curtailed since 2008

Very true , after his marriage broken up , he went downhill . I know he had bad injuries on his back on top of that , Plus his caddie .

Very true , after his marriage broken up , he went downhill . I know he had bad injuries on his back on top of that , Plus his caddie .

But apart from all than that ..... What did the Romans do for us?

5555555....Like golf , I took my eye off the ball....I was focusing on getting Calcavecchia spelt right.

Jacks name or Jack's name ?

Archived