IGNORED

The Open - Royal Troon 2016

eanto

Just watched McIlroy post 2 under for the first round and he seems to be in good form. A double bogey hurt him early on the back nine.

At least Troon has got proper bunkers and rough and the back nine looks brutal. The wind is due to blow tomorrow, should be fun.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Somehow i always enjoy the Masters more than  " our own "  Open championship  . 

Phil Mickleson leader at the moment on - 6     I'll go for J B Holmes and Justin Rose to do well

Mikeyboy

Yes, the Masters is the highlight in the golfing calendar for me but I also like to see them suffer at the open especially in inclement weather 55

For me, the Open Championship, the Masters, and the US Open are all of equal interest. For some reason, or PGA Championship is a distant 4th for me.

I'm enjoying this week's Open Championship immensely. I cannot imagine what this course might be like with both wind and rain, as so many narrow landing areas will be nearly impossible to hit with unpredictable wind.

Bring it on

Some exhibition Mickelson and Stenson are putting on. Pure match play now, going to be good I think

Some exhibition Mickelson and Stenson are putting on. Pure match play now, going to be good I think

Awesome display.Lapping the field.

Would love to see Stenson grab his first.

Great duel.  Think it will turn on someone hitting something into the gorse and that will be that.  

Great duel.  Think it will turn on someone hitting something into the gorse and that will be that.

Amazing display of ball striking.

Stepsons to lose now me thinks

Who the fuck is Stepson 555

Big heart from Phil on the 17th

Stenson , the first Swedish to win the majors ... Well done ... His heart was on his mouth when the ball almost went to the bunker at the 18th ..

First male swede 55. What a round of golf those two played. You're right, could have all been different with a few more inches of roll to that bunker

First male swede 55. What a round of golf those two played. You're right, could have all been different with a few more inches of roll to that bunker

The lowest round since Greg Norman ... A great feat from both players , there was not much wind as the last three days helps .

Both can hold their heads up after that performance.  Stenson just played better.  He earned his first major under incredible pressure.

What a game, both players were outstanding and I think the open has found another character - BEEEEFFF 

What a game, both players were outstanding and I think the open has found another character - BEEEEFFF

Yep, doubt he's seen a salad

Mrs Doubtfire should have been called FLAAAABBBB

One of the most outstanding golfing duels I have watched live, near perfect golf which no one else came close to matching.

For Mickelson to score a 65 in the final round of a major from one shot back and still not win must be gutting, but so pleased for Stenson just nerveless golf.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Very very good but not as dramatic as Carnasty in '99 when Van de Velde took his shoes and socks off on the 18th

Stenson is 40 yrs old , probably will be his only majors in his career like Darren Clarke . But if he played like today , he could win one more .

I liked Stenson's quip saying 40 is the new 30. I think there's life in the old dog yet now he's sorted his putting out. I just wish Rory could do the same, he's not as bad as Westeood but it must be very frustrating for someone who hits the ball so well tee to green

7635702-3x2-700x467.jpg

I think he agrees with that! 7635702-3x2-700x467.jpg

Yep, doubt he's seen a salad

Looks like there's a bit of green in there 55. He played very well and with his top 10 finish he can play at Birkdale next year

Can't help thinking of Grizzly Adams for some reason

Beefy ,He is new people's champion , I really likes him . A good golfer with a big grin ..

Archived