Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Australia's largest state bans greyhound racing!

sinbad5

Wow, big news for fans of the dishlickers.

"NSW Premier Mike Baird has announced a ban on greyhound racing, after the state government considered an 800-page report tabled by a Special Commission into "widespread cruelty" in the industry.”

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/nsw-premier-mike-baird-announces-ban-on-greyhound-racing-after-special-commission-of-inquiry-20160707-gq0fw3.html

It’s hard to argue with the decision from an animal welfare point of view but I did love having a bet on the dogs over a beer or 10.

Thousands of direct and indirect jobs will go.

Went to the dogs since as early as I can remember putting on 50c bets with mum. My first job was at the Wentworth Park dogs.

It’s just a part of Australian life:

There is no doubt in my mind that the “progressive” Labor led states of Victoria and Queensland will have no choice but to follow NSW’s Centre-Right government’s lead in this regard.

Don't worry.... it'll be forced 'underground' - i.e ferret racing 555

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Australias most populous state, !!!

On my map WA, QLD and SA were LARGER than NSW                ( and the Northern Territory ,I know its not a state)

I kept a lot of dogs in UK back in the 1970/80s, raced Greyhounds myself at 'Flapping' tracks such as Gloucester, Hinckley, Peterborough etc and via trainers at Perry Barr, Hall Green, Wembley, White City.

"An industry of deception"....twas always thus I'm afraid.

I kept a lot of dogs in UK back in the 1970/80s, raced Greyhounds myself at 'Flapping' tracks such as Gloucester, Hinckley, Peterborough etc and via trainers at Perry Barr, Hall Green, Wembley, White City.

"An industry of deception"....twas always thus I'm afraid.

Trying to guess/beat the fix is half the fun!

Trying to guess/beat the fix is half the fun!

For the dog's owner too very often.

Many many young healthy dogs destroyed due to injuries which did not have a good prognosis and for which the veterinary costs were too high.

Australias most populous state, !!!

On my map WA, QLD and SA were LARGER than NSW                ( and the Northern Territory ,I know its not a state)

Largest economy, largest population, largest mortgages, largest egos, 555

After that ABC Four Corners program, I guess they didn't have any choice.

Personally I'm glad, but I have never been a gambler. 

Just saw this on my bros Facebook page.

Thought it was a joke.

Aussie has gone so far left its fucked up.

No more dog racing?

Fucking mental.

Fucking liberals!  No animal abuse, no slaves, no institutional racism.  Fuck them!

No more dog racing?

Fucking liberals!  No animal abuse, no slaves, no institutional racism.  Fuck them!

Crazy huh?

No more dog racing?

Fucking mental.

It's not a simple left vs right thing, after all it was a conservative government that announced the ban.

Around 60,000 greyhounds slaughtered in NSW over the past decade; around two-thirds of all greyhounds born during this period. Shocking figures.

Throw in a fair amount of "live baiting" and steroid use, and it's a grub of an industry.

It's not a simple left vs right thing, after all it was a conservative government that announced the ban.

Around 60,000 greyhounds slaughtered in NSW over the past decade; around two-thirds of all greyhounds born during this period. Shocking figures.

Throw in a fair amount of "live baiting" and steroid use, and it's a grub of an industry.

Can't do anything to clean it up.

What about all the good guys?

Seems like someone whined....and they fucked everyone.

I haven't lived there for 25 years but havnt they seemed to have gone all the way to being fucked up,just because of a few bad operators?

Kinda like the lock in rule?

I don't know anywhere else in the world that does that sort of thing.

I dunno,maybe I'm wrong...but Greyhound racing?

Surely the money is there to stop dogs being abused?

100% of beef cattle are slaughtered. Ban steaks?

Use to train dogs 25 years ago with a few winners..but killing of dogs has been going on when I was training. Now we have this ban a lot of them will be shot or moved on to places like Macau and SE Asia. This is from the NGAP....Many dogs from Australia end up on the peninsula of Macau at the Canidrome where they don't have a chance at life during or after racing. The Canidrome was built in 1931 and is a run-down track. Dogs are kept in small cages stacked two high when they are not racing and many sustain injuries on the track while racing. If a greyhound does not finish in the top three in five races in a row, they are destroyed. It is reported that around 400 dogs are killed by lethal injection each year and every greyhound arriving at the track is dead within three years. There is no adoption program at the Canidrome. Every dog that goes there, dies there.

Back on it already?

Back on it already?

Pretty rich coming from you, isn't it?

Been to Dapto once, so bored, I got drunk... Baird will build units on the prime land and its underground it goes...

I was thinking we could use a few politicians for some live baiting...

Daryle

Been to Dapto once, so bored, I got drunk... Baird will build units on the prime land and its underground it goes...

I was thinking we could use a few politicians for some live baiting...

Can you really see underground meetings? The industry operates at a loss as it is, they say.

For "Headquarters" at least the boss has promised it will stay as public land (no residential or commercial use).

I think the other tracks are fair game.

Fucking liberals! No animal abuse, no slaves, no institutional racism. Fuck them!

Your right it is the Liberals ! The NSW STate is run by the NSW Liberal Party .( right wing party)

Bunch of wankers who have done a lot of damage in their 3 years of running NSW brought Sydney to its knees with its 1am lock out laws, privatisation of prisons,deregulation of Taxi Cabs, and now banning greyhound racing, what next ?

Greyhounds aren't much use underground........

........you want Jack Russells for that.

Why don't they make dog burgers from all the dogs slaughtered by the industry?

Can you really see underground meetings? The industry operates at a loss as it is, they say.

For "Headquarters" at least the boss has promised it will stay as public land (no residential or commercial use).

Ib think the other tracks are fair game.

The Four Corners report showed there is a lot to this industry, which most people don't know about... gambling will ensure this 'sport' doesn't disappear from NSW. I know a place in Sydney which has regular cock fighting meetings. That 'sport' has been outlawed in NSW for a long time!

Daryle

The Four Corners report showed there is a lot to this industry, which most people don't know about... gambling will ensure this 'sport' doesn't disappear from NSW. I know a place in Sydney which has regular cock fighting meetings. That 'sport' has been outlawed in NSW for a long time!

Hw big are those cocks ?

Archived