IGNORED

Any recommendations of Chinese restaurants?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  Pattaya seems to be filling up with Chinese, so does anyone know of any good chinese restaurants to serve them?  Dim sum for lunch?

I'm only interested in fairly central places that are close to the baht bus routes.  

For the numbers of Chinese visiting PTY, there is a surprising lack of ethnic Chinese restaurants...  Plenty of Thai/Chinese restaurants which seek to pass themselves off as "Chinese", but they are all lacking... 

Have not found to a decent soup noodle dish...  Nor a good Schezwan hot pot... or even a simple Mofu tofu or Mapo tofu dish (tofu, pork, chili sauce)

The only one that I know is called Shanghai, on 3rd road about a block shy of Pattaya North...(on the left as you head to Pattaya North)..  hand pulled noodles, dim sum, and an assortment of dishes...

Leng Kee gets a lot of board traffic as "Chinese", but it is a pale imitation...

... and I don't count "English style Chinese" as Chinese... cause it isn't...  but having said that, I know of at least 3 English style Chinese places (soi chaiyapoon, small booth on soi LK (only at night), 2nd rd & soi new plaza)...

Going back about 3 years now

I have used an old lady for a few years for massage ( never happy ending ) just the most amazing massages and I have had many hundreds maybe touching a 1000 massages and she's the best I have ever had , first few holidays she worked so I Diana , then a very short massage place in a hotel around soi 7

What's this got to do with Chinese food you may ask

Well she moved to a hotel on third road in a Chinese orientated hotel night before a big Thai buffet place , is it called ninja or something like that ?

Went through the restraint for some reason and it was a hell of a noisy restraint with many Chinese wolfing down some odd looking odd smelling food , could this be an extremely authentic serving Chinese hotel/ restraint

The Chinese was making a right mess but as I said wolfing down all sorts of wired shit

Hope this is helpful

I know all about Ninja BBQ if that's what you mean

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4433559-Reviews-Ninja_BBQ_Buffet_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

which is not a bad place I've been to a couple of times.  It's cheap, full of Thais and the food is OK.  It's not chinese, though, and it's not conveniently on the baht bus routes.  I would happily go there again if it was easier to get there.  The place like it most convenient to get to is The Fish on Pattayasaisong soi 1 almost opposite Art in Paradise

Fish.jpg

Thai BBQ places are Thai... Called Mu kratha (or Mookata)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_kratha

...nothing Chinese about them (although there are variations generally called hotpot/da bin lo, or steam boat (all over Singapore)...  consisting of a grill area, and/or a pot for boiling broth...

Ninja, and "The Fish" are Thai BBQ places

BTW: The Fish is gone now... replaces with chinese signage hoping to attract Chinese Tourists...

BTW2: Ninja is my favorite place for Thai BBQ (and Seafood BBQ)... 199b/400b

BTW3: I used to see Chinese Tour buses drop @ Ninja on 3rd road a few years back, but not recently... (guess they wouldn't give the tour operators a kickback; AND IMHO an excellent move to keep them out)...

"The Fish is gone now... replaces with chinese signage hoping to attract Chinese Tourists"

Oh.  Shame.  Thanks for info.  Do you mean that the entire Fish venue is closed and dark, or just that it has been rebranded and opened with chinese signs?  If open, is it open at lunchtime nowadays?

The trouble with Ninja is that AIUI it's difficult to get to using baht buses.  Or do you know an easy not-your-own-car way to get there and back to central Pattaya?

"The Fish is gone now... replaces with chinese signage hoping to attract Chinese Tourists"

Oh.  Shame.  Thanks for info.  Do you mean that the entire Fish venue is closed and dark, or just that it has been rebranded and opened with chinese signs?  If open, is it open at lunchtime nowadays?

The trouble with Ninja is that AIUI it's difficult to get to using baht buses.  Or do you know an easy not-your-own-car way to get there and back to central Pattaya?

Fish == Rebranded... Have not seen it open except for after sunset...

There is another BIG Thai BBQ on the street that runs parallel to 2nd road... From the Fish site... turn right (head south)... and it will be on the left about 3 (big) blocks down... you will pass Big C, Hollywood disco, then a big empty lot where the tour buses park... then the BBQ will be on the left...  I forget the name...  (also open after dark)...

Very walkable... and much better than the Fish ever was...

Fish == Rebranded... Have not seen it open except for after sunset...

There is another BIG Thai BBQ on the street that runs parallel to 2nd road... From the Fish site... turn right (head south)... and it will be on the left about 3 (big) blocks down... you will pass Big C, Hollywood disco, then a big empty lot where the tour buses park... then the BBQ will be on the left...  I forget the name...  (also open after dark)...

Very walkable... and much better than the Fish ever was...

It's called MUM AROY and really really very good

for fresh fish coocked up to you.Highly recommand.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

On Sai Sam near Hollywood disco as well.

I agree for me Mumaroy is one of the best restaurants I've eaten in Pattaya not cheap but different class

Thanks for Mum Aroy suggestions.  There seem to be more than one, and I'm a little confused about directions.  I've had a little wander around on Google Street View - do any of the following pictures look like the Mum Aroy you are describing, or can you give more exact directions please?

Mum Aroy1.jpg

Mum Aroy2.jpg

Mum Aroy3.jpg

Mum Aroy4.jpg

Thanks for Mum Aroy suggestions.  There seem to be more than one, and I'm a little confused about directions.  I've had a little wander around on Google Street View - do any of the following pictures look like the Mum Aroy you are describing, or can you give more exact directions please?

The first pic looks like the one near Hollywood Disco on Sai Sam.

The other pics could be the MA in Naklua.

I interpret what's been written higher on this thread to suggest the Mum Aroy I'm looking for is on the southeast side of Pattayasaisong 4 just south of Hollywood, ie in the yellow rectangle dead centre of the map below.  I've also googled Mum Aroy Pattaya and found various other possible locations for it.

http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/mum-aroi-pattaya.html

The first pic is what I think is a Mum Aroy just off 3rd Road, in the SW corner of the crossroads, just north of the green rectangle to the right of the map.  Other leads around the internet suggest that building is a Mum Aroy(???)

The second and third pics are likely-looking buildings in the yellow rectangle on Pattayasaisong 4, which are the best I can manage for guessing the Mum Aroy on the road described on this thread above

The fourth pic is a Mum Aroy in Naklua on the sea.  Comments around the internet suggest this is a very Thai sort of place with farangs not welcome, and I won't be going there.

I'm lost on where the Mum Aroy referred to above on this thread is located.  All the above four locations seem a bit far away from central Pattaya (ie say soi Diana) for those equipped with just a pair of legs and a baht bus in any case.  I do like to walk around, but unless I'm misunderstanding things, the walk to and from the locations above isn't one I fancy.  Not sure how I'd get a TG there and back either.

Mum Aroy9.jpg

I'm lost on where the Mum Aroy referred to above on this thread is located.  All the above four locations seem a bit far away from central Pattaya (ie say soi Diana) for those equipped with just a pair of legs and a baht bus in any case.  I do like to walk around, but unless I'm misunderstanding things, the walk to and from the locations above isn't one I fancy.  Not sure how I'd get a TG there and back either.

Take a motorbike taxi...

Or... better yet, go where the TG wants to go... she will have her favorite...

The 4th pic is from Nakula... and is way too far to go... They like farang just fine... and is a nice place... but hella too far north...

3rd pic is the one I was referring to...

2nd pic are local thai restaurants, cheap too... very late at night, they are full with the Hollywood crowd...

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  Pattaya seems to be filling up with Chinese, so does anyone know of any good chinese restaurants to serve them?  Dim sum for lunch?

I'm only interested in fairly central places that are close to the baht bus routes.  

royal cliff has a dim sum lunch on Sunday afternoons. a real must go

I would kill for american/hong kong style Chinese food.   I dont like english style which seems to be all sugar.   They had a great place on Walking Street for a while but it was so badly run it closed, the food was perfect for the first couple of months

I would kill for american/hong kong style Chinese food.   I dont like english style which seems to be all sugar.   They had a great place on walking street for a while but it was so badly run it closed, the food was perfect for the first couple of months

You would be shocked how much sugar is in American Chinese food.  I can't find that type of style where I live, so I just started learning how to make it home.  I've gotten quite good at doing it, and I've actually cut way down on the sugar, and even the salt level, with out sacrificing the taste. 

My advice is take up your wok and start cooking. 

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

If anyone interested about the dim sum lunch.  Looks like it's offered on Saturday too, thought I can't find the price anywhere.

https://www.royalcliff.com/restaurants/weekend-dim-sum

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

One of the first recommendations I ever followed on PA was to go to Moom Aroi.

Went to the one in Naklua and found it very disappointing. The food was way too spicy, even for the other people who were with me and they usually enjoy spicy dishes. Maybe that level of spiciness is what the Thais like but it was too extreme for us.

I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Thanks for all the ideas.  The dim sum at Royal Cliff looks like the sort of place I'd like, but I wonder if it's a bit too farang, smooth and smart for a TG to really relax and be happy in?  I was thinking of something along the lines of Leng Kee but more chinese.  To be honest I wasn't really after the kind of buffet that it is reported the chinese tourists pile into.  Maybe we've gone as far as we can on this, but any new ideas welcome?

The trouble with Ninja is that AIUI it's difficult to get to using baht buses.  

Many branches of Ninja around town.

Yep

Been a couple of times

Best in Patts by a mile

Pricey but well worth it

"Many branches of Ninja around town."

Where, please?  Anywhere accessible by baht bus and foot?  I'm starting at say soi Diana and an easy journey to and from would be nice.

Archived