IGNORED

New Battery Already.

noshow

I have a year old Honda Forza with 12.000 Ks on the clock. I have just been told by the Honda garage that I need a new battery at a cost of 3.700 Bts.

Can any Forza owners tell me if this is normal, or am I just unlucky?

I can buy a new battery for my truck for much less and could last me about three years, so why is a Forza battery so expensive?

I wouldn't buy one until you see signs that it is dying. You will know when it is. Don't buy a new battery from a car maker.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

In this heat your Lucky to get 12000 KM on a Battery no matter the make/model of the Bike

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I had to get a new battery for my focus after about a year. I didn't believe them at first but after looking online they don't do too well in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many Aftermarket Batterys just as good as the Original that last as long for much less money

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

If you've had trouble starting then you may need a need battery, if not, and its just on the advice of the garage, leave it alone.

3700 bht seems very steep for a scooter battery, even if it is a large scooter. Most scooter batteries are around 500 bht max.

I'm sure you can purchase cheaper.

Honda dealerships are obliged by their contract to sell OEM ( original equipment manufacturer) parts.

Just like tyres and other consumables they will charge like a raging bull.

Shop around my friend, your patience will be rewarded.

Most batteries here are crap!

I used to get minimum 3 years out of car bats in NZ.

Here, at least 6 batts in 8 years....

NZ is a lot cooler than Thailand so you are comparing apples and oranges. The constant warm in Thailand causes corrosion of the batteries' internals much earlier than in cooler climates.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I wouldn't buy one until you see signs that it is dying. You will know when it is. Don't buy a new battery from a car maker.

It was starting to turn over then stop and I would turn over then stop again, then start, after that it started OK

I took it to the local dealer and he said I needed a new battery, I was shocked at the price.

I paid the Honda agency 3.700 Bt for a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Honda garage, or Honda stealership?

Honda dealership.

It was getting harder to start on a couple of occasions, I took it to the local agent, and he said I needed a new battery.

I was shocked when he told he how much it would cost.

In this heat your Lucky to get 12000 KM on a Battery no matter the make/model of the Bike

I hope your right, but I also have a two year old PCX 150 with 10.000 Ks on the clock. Battery is still going strong.

But the cost?? Twice as much as a car battery.

Many Aftermarket Batterys just as good as the Original that last as long for much less money

Yes, I have heard that, but I have also heard it the other way too.

Most batteries here are crap!

I used to get minimum 3 years out of car bats in NZ.

Here, at least 6 batts in 8 years....

When I had a car, the battery lasted on average about 18 months.

If you've had trouble starting then you may need a need battery, if not, and its just on the advice of the garage, leave it alone.

3700 bht seems very steep for a scooter battery, even if it is a large scooter. Most scooter batteries are around 500 bht max.

I'm sure you can purchase cheaper.

Only had trouble starting a couple of times. The garahe did not have one in stock, but they charged the battery up for me

and I got the new one the next day.

I thought that riding it would have charged the battery up. just like a car, but obviously not.

It was getting harder to start on a couple of occasions, I took it to the local agent, and he said I needed a new battery.

I was shocked when he told he how much it would cost.

As I indicated in my first post it is not a good idea to take it to a dealer to fix a problem. They will always charge a premium.

When I had a car, the battery lasted on average about 18 months.

No idea what your doing mate but my car battery lasts  7 years or so. The only thing I can think of is poor charging, neglect and extreme cold. 

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Archived