IGNORED

Caught and Deported

Pen-fifteen

I hear there are thousands in Isaan overstaying and hiding. Myth?

In fact there probably ARE those numbers but what possesses them to live like that is beyond me. On one trip I stayed in Issan (out of choice) for 2 months with my wife of the time........ I was close to insanity time I went home living in a shithole area for that long and yet many endure it knowing that jail and deportation await them when caught....what a life !

I hear there are thousands in Isaan overstaying and hiding. Myth?

I live in Issan and know many expats that live here as well.  Out of the many friends I do not know one that does not have a current visa.  Maybe what you hear is true but I doubt it, to hide in Pattaya would be easier than to hide in an Issan village where everyone knows everyone else. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

These cases are preventable though so haven't a lot of sympathy for this guy.

Hard to believe anyone would have sympathy for this person.

....and will be banned from re-entering Thailand for 5 years.

Are you sure of this!? I wouldn't trust Pattaya One to report the date correctly....lol

Seriously though I do hope that they do follow their policy. Too many people have been taking the piss for too long.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

As depicted in this thread, there are some board members here who view the Immigration Bureau's expanded enforcement of overstay as a positive policy matter.

Pattaya is saturated with ill-mannered, ignorant, uneducated foreign nationals who's first instinct, any dispute, is to get physical.  If said individuals, who are guests (or in this case unwelcome guests) are in non-compliance with straightforward, and reasonable, Immigration policy, the result is a reduction of violators who are oftentimes disrespectful to Thais within their own Kingdom, or as Police Lieutenant General Nathathorn Prousoontorn, Commissioner of Immigration Bureau, states, "Good guys in, Bad guys out".

Every country has it immigration rules and policy guidelines applicable to professional work, education, tourism, and retirement visas.

Below are the Immigration Bureau's guidelines on overstay ( http://www.immigration.go.th/):

Ium477P.jpg

rUIymps.jpg

NITKqNh.jpg

upwNlN6.jpg

Pattaya is saturated with ill-mannered, ignorant, uneducated foreign nationals who's first instinct, any dispute, is to get physical.

I think this only describes a very small minority people.

However, I do support them doing something about the people who totally disregard the laws of the land. For tourists it is very easy to comply with the visa requirements.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think this only describes a very small minority people.

The magnitude and perspective upon this a subjective matter, and viewpoints may vary among individuals.

As depicted in this thread, there are some board members here who view the Immigration Bureau's expanded enforcement of overstay as a positive policy matter.

Pattaya is saturated with ill-mannered, ignorant, uneducated foreign nationals who's first instinct, any dispute, is to get physical. If said individuals, who are guests (or in this case unwelcome guests) are in non-compliance with straightforward, and reasonable, Immigration policy, the result is a reduction of violators who are oftentimes disrespectful to Thais within their own Kingdom, or as Police Lieutenant General Nathathorn Prousoontorn, Commissioner of Immigration Bureau, states, "Good guys in, Bad guys out".

Every country has it immigration rules and policy guidelines applicable to professional work, education, tourism, and retirement visas.

Below are the Immigration Bureau's guidelines on overstay ( http://www.immigration.go.th/):

Ium477P.jpg

rUIymps.jpg

NITKqNh.jpg

upwNlN6.jpg

So if someone has overstayed more than 5 years there's no point surrendering as you'd still get 10 year ban.

Archived