Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Caught and Deported

Pen-fifteen

This is the first report I have seen of the enforcement of the "overstayed visa" rules that are current:

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/225177/british-national-caught-walking-street-without-visa-deported/

The subject of the report had overstayed a 30-day visa by 106 days [when caught], and will be banned from re-entering Thailand for 5 years.

If anyone had doubt that the current visa rules will be enforced, this tells them that the rules will be enforced.

Gentlemen: check your visa!  Don't get caught.

Now I'm in Thailand long-term  :Fantastic:

Lolitas :BJ3:  is my venue of preference when I'm in Bangkok

But I spend most of my time in Isaan; Khon Kaen or Nakhon Phanom

Banned for five years would drive me to the mental hospital ... Can't understand why somebody don't apply for any visa for extension . I always apply for 60 days visa for €35 .

There has been several reports of people being blacklisted after the new rules came in effect on the 20 of march.This rule seems indeed to be enforced and when people overstay that long I see no problem with it.Read a story from a guy that overstayed 11 years,payed the 20.000 baht fine in early march at the airport and then flew out to Laos and returned the day after on a new visa excempt.

What baffles me (among other things) is why they asked for his passport on Walking Street.  Or anywhere.  I've been spending 6 months a year in Thailand for over 15 years and the only times I've ever been asked to see my passport were at the airport on departure, and checking into hotels.

He had to have done something that drew attention to himself.

I've never been randomly asked for my passport either.

What baffles me (among other things) is why they asked for his passport on Walking Street. Or anywhere. I've been spending 6 months a year in Thailand for over 15 years and the only times I've ever been asked to see my passport were at the airport on departure, and checking into hotels.

When was the Last time you were on Walking Street?

When was the last time ou were on Walking Street past 8pm?

When was the last time you were not in bed by 10-10.30 pm,and golf trips don't count.

Banned for five years would drive me to the mental hospital.

This has virtually no effect upon visitors, expats, and Visa holders who simply obey the laws.

Presumably, you should have nothing to worry about.

out of interest if you where in thailand and overstaying how would you get out without penalty now ? 

personally I am not by the way just wondering  would you give yourself up or try and cross a border with no immigration and sort it out from there 

Gentlemen: check your visa!  Don't get caught.

Just get a visa ... 

he was a partner in a chocolate shop so no doubt dobbed in

any holes a goal

When was the last time you were not in bed by 10-10.30 pm,and golf trips don't count.

i'm in walking st most nights and have never been asked for anything since 1988.

but times change although i have noticed no difference

i'm in walking st most nights and have never been asked for anything since 1988.

yea cause no one will talk to you

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I've been asked More than ten times for sure, since I've been going.

Dont go down South very much anymore though.Used to get asked a lot 10 years ago.

out of interest if you where in thailand and overstaying how would you get out without penalty now ? 

personally I am not by the way just wondering  would you give yourself up or try and cross a border with no immigration and sort it out from there

I don't think you can, if a person was in such a situation they should have left by March. If they are such a situation now they're more than likely to get banned.

There's also nearby countries to live in while waiting out said ban.

Pretty sure most were aware that the new enforcement was very much real and likely to be acted upon and clearly the case here. These cases are preventable though so haven't a lot of sympathy for this guy...... Where guys need to be more uneasy is the individuals who have had their visas renewed without leaving the Country in the past as records are currently being gone through with a fine tooth comb according to TV.

What baffles me (among other things) is why they asked for his passport on Walking Street.  Or anywhere.  I've been spending 6 months a year in Thailand for over 15 years and the only times I've ever been asked to see my passport were at the airport on departure, and checking into hotels.

I read on TV that he was behaving oddly how they could tell i another story,i was 12 hours overstay and got a little stamp in my passport no fine though will get the 60 day visa next year.

A nation with the right to control who enters and remains within it's borders and then exercises that right...I salute them!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

A nation with the right to control who enters and remains within it's borders and then exercises that right...I salute them!

Very topical in the current political climate Dr winston(in the UK i mean)and yes i agree,if only british governments were so robust!

Very topical in the current political climate Dr winston(in the UK i mean)and yes i agree,if only british governments were so robust!

I'm just chilling in Phnom Penh right now so a bit more topical than I really want to get.......but I'm with you, that's exactly why I respect their current stance in Thailand right now....even if the new regulations can be a pain to legitimate visitors and residents.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Yeah.  Well there is that.  I notice most of the fights and arrests in the news articles always begin with "in the early morning hours"   :GoldenSmile1:

You never exchange money?

I hear there are thousands in Isaan overstaying and hiding. Myth?

That's a right laugh.

Archived