Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

best 4G data packages

Prices at airport:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to assist your tired brain once again ;)

Thank you so much. My tired brain bows to your superior knowledge. You are truly someone special. Have a wonderful day.

August 2015: 1st Trip [Report] | November 2015: 2nd trip | February/March 2016: 3rd trip | August 2016: 4th Trip [Report

November 2016: 5th Trip booked | December 2016: Moving to Thailand :D

Thank you so much. My tired brain bows to your superior knowledge. You are truly someone special. Have a wonderful day.

It's those direct flights that are doing you in. They are mind numbing. I prefer the two shorter flights....they are cheaper too. ;)

Prices at airport:

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The True Move prices are literally you buying a Top up and them entering the short codes for you. and not a Tourist Package as such. Though they might sell you a short validity Tourist SIM alongside. The AIS and DTAC offers appear specifically for Tourists. For instance AIS; Other networks charge 854 baht for the 12GB 'unlimited' data pack. Plus there is 100 baht of call credit. Total of 954 baht. Let's include a SIM price of 50 baht. A total cost of 1004 baht. So why are they charging 1049 baht?  Not a terrible rip off, but by entering a short code yourself, you can get 12GB of data for 321 baht.

As to packages, I don't share my personal links, but you can take a look at examples here and here

Why not? What will happen if you share links to the packages you use?

This thread is so funny. It illustrates a basic difference of people, i.e., those for whom time is more important and those for whom every Baht counts.

It's a bit like the threads of getting from Swampy to Sukhumvit. Some will wait and haul their luggage through the various transfers on the rail/metro/bus and others simply step into a cheap taxi.

The Baht counts guys freak if they spend a few more coins while the time is short guys fret if they lose a few minutes but it is entertaining reading their respective psychoses.

This thread is so funny. It illustrates a basic difference of people, i.e., those for whom time is more important and those for whom every Baht counts.

It's a bit like the threads of getting from Swampy to Sukhumvit. Some will wait and haul their luggage through the various transfers on the rail/metro/bus and others simply step into a cheap taxi.

The Baht counts guys freak if they spend a few more coins while the time is short guys fret if they lose a few minutes but it is entertaining reading their respective psychoses.

What nonsense. Perhaps you can explain what difference handing over 599 baht for a SIM after waiting in a queue, saves time over standing in the same queue and buying a SIM with a 300 baht or whatever top up at the same desk. We are talking about a difference of perhaps a minute or two at best.

Nothing like the transport thread, Not even similar. 

Why not? What will happen if you share links to the packages you use?

They may get overused and pulled. I'm happy to not take that chance. It's not as if you're my best mates. I'm helping enough as it is. Find 'em yourself.  :)

The True Move prices are literally you buying a Top up and them entering the short codes for you. and not a Tourist Package as such. Though they might sell you a short validity Tourist SIM alongside. The AIS and DTAC offers appear specifically for Tourists. For instance AIS; Other networks charge 854 baht for the 12GB 'unlimited' data pack. Plus there is 100 baht of call credit. Total of 954 baht. Let's include a SIM price of 50 baht. A total cost of 1004 baht. So why are they charging 1049 baht?  Not a terrible rip off, but by entering a short code yourself, you can get 12GB of data for 321 baht.

Yes those images are slightly inflated for the 30 day packages. Get the short code in advance but as timetester says no big deal.

They may get overused and pulled. I'm happy to not take that chance. It's not as if you're my best mates. I'm helping enough as it is. Find 'em yourself. :)

I would agree with you if these were private codes but it sounds like they are publically available on the website and in the store.

I would agree with you if these were private codes but it sounds like they are publically available on the website and in the store.

If that is the case then you are free to use them. I'm just not going to post them here.

Yes those images are slightly inflated for the 30 day packages. Get the short code in advance but as timetester says no big deal.

It's not just about the difference in price in Tourist SIM against nomal SIM, but about the validity of the SIM if you want to keep the same number and actually obtaining a package suitable to your needs. 

When does it become a 'big deal'?  Maybe you enjoy being 'nickel and dimed'. Do you enjoy paying 200 baht to use the ATM in Thailand? I'm sure that you don't refer to that "no big deal". But yet it is 'just' 200 baht.

Yet we have people suuggesting that because they spend 50000 baht on flights and hotels that they should care about being overcharged. :)

Take a look at the DTAC Tourist package for example: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/tourist-packages.html Ignoring the inflated price for the package, look at the cost of extending validity. For a normal SIM it is 2 baht per month to extend validity. Takes exactly the same amount of time to extend validity with a Tourist SIM as with a normal SIM. Yet the Tourist SIM costs more than 300% more to extend. Why is that?

Because you are an easy target. It's not about the money, it's about whether you enjoy being a mug and then brushing it off with the excuse that you are saving time. You are not, you are just being mugged. as the banks are doing with their ATM charge.

What nonsense. Perhaps you can explain what difference handing over 599 baht for a SIM after waiting in a queue, saves time over standing in the same queue and buying a SIM with a 300 baht or whatever top up at the same desk. We are talking about a difference of perhaps a minute or two at best.

Nothing like the transport thread, Not even similar. 

i could explain it to you but cannot understand it for you.

Time is money for some, whereas money is everything to others.

You're fun for a while but then you just become tedious and then you get banned only to reappear again.

Yawn

i could explain it to you but cannot understand it for you.

Time is money for some, whereas money is everything to others.

You're fun for a while but then you just become tedious and then you get banned only to reappear again.

Yawn

Banned? I've never before been a member of this forum....and I use the same username name on the other forum.

You can't explain anything to me, because your analogy was inapt.

Since both actions take much the same time, your analogy of some taking a (cheap) taxi whilst others "haul their luggage through the various transfers on the rail/metro/bus"  simply does not fit. Did I need to explain that to you?

This has nothing to do with time and everything to do with either ignorance(of the facts) or plain stupidity. 

I have used those booths, so I know exactly how they work.

Instead of spouting cliches, explain to me how time is saved, going to exactly the same booth(let's say TRUE MOVE in this instance)?

What will happen it that they will sell you a SIM(most likely a Tourist SIM with a max three month validity) and a top up corresponding to the price of their selected package with some credit left from the round number top up. Then they will tap in a short code and hand your phone back to you.

What I propose is to go through exactly the same process, taking exactly the same amount of time, but to tap in your own short code.

See what has occurred there? Exactly the same amount of time, but you have either obtained a lot more data for the same cost or saved a lot of money.

Nothing to do with "Time is money for some, whereas money is everything to others"....since time is not an issue here.

I have to admit, I don't expect to have intelligent discourse on a forum dedicated to getting it on with the locals, but you guys really take the biscuit.

Banned? I've never before been a member of this forum....and I use the same username name on the other forum.

You can't explain anything to me, because your analogy was inapt.

Since both actions take much the same time, your analogy of some taking a (cheap) taxi whilst others "haul their luggage through the various transfers on the rail/metro/bus"  simply does not fit. Did I need to explain that to you?

This has nothing to do with time and everything to do with either ignorance(of the facts) or plain stupidity. 

I have used those booths, so I know exactly how they work.

Instead of spouting cliches, explain to me how time is saved, going to exactly the same booth(let's say TRUE MOVE in this instance)?

What will happen it that they will sell you a SIM(most likely a Tourist SIM with a max three month validity) and a top up corresponding to the price of their selected package with some credit left from the round number top up. Then they will tap in a short code and hand your phone back to you.

What I propose is to go through exactly the same process, taking exactly the same amount of time, but to tap in your own short code.

See what has occurred there? Exactly the same amount of time, but you have either obtained a lot more data for the same cost or saved a lot of money.

Nothing to do with "Time is money for some, whereas money is everything to others"....since time is not an issue here.

I have to admit, I don't expect to have intelligent discourse on a forum dedicated to getting it on with the locals, but you guys really take the biscuit.

Jeez, reading that is a minute out of my life I won't get back.

But do carry on, you are funny; your psychosis runs deep.

Jeez, reading that is a minute out of my life I won't get back.

But do carry on, you are funny; your psychosis runs deep.

I'll let you into a secret. You don't get any of your life back. Now you can go back to patting yourselves on the back for what you see as intelligent comment. 

Wow....they are so eager for the snatch that they switch off the brain before they even hit the airport....

This works fine for me . 

Capture6.JPG 

I'll let you into a secret. You don't get any of your life back. Now you can go back to patting yourselves on the back for what you see as intelligent comment. 

Wow....they are so eager for the snatch that they switch off the brain before they even hit the airport....

Yawn

Yawn

You came here to write "yawn"? That your contribution to a thread about data packages?

Utterly useless!

You came here to write "yawn"? That your contribution to a thread about data packages?

Utterly useless!

555, your OCD must be a bitch.

Yawn

They may get overused and pulled. I'm happy to not take that chance. It's not as if you're my best mates. I'm helping enough as it is. Find 'em yourself.  :)

If let's say 5 readers on PA are going to use this package after you put up a link it might get overused ... your comment must be one , if not THE dumbest thing i ever read on PA  ... yawn ... 

Sorry matey , haven't read one positive comment from you so far . With this attitude you're not gonna last long here . 

If let's say 5 readers on PA are going to use this package after you put up a link it might get overused ... your comment must be one , if not THE dumbest thing i ever read on PA  ... yawn ... 

Sorry matey , haven't read one positive comment from you so far . With this attitude you're not gonna last long here .

You do know that "dumb" means the inability to speak, other than some stupid Americanism, don't you?

There is also your assumption that five readers might use it....ignoring the hundreds of readers that skim through the thread and also tell their friends. Either way, I'm not posting the links.

You can find them for yourself. I share what I want to share and that's it. I've already imparted a lot of useful info. If you

are too 'dumb' to be able to make good use of it...that's just too bad, isn't it.

Dumb doesn't describe me, but I would argue that it might describe your simple thinking.

Thanks but I'll keep the best info for the chosen few. You have your crumbs.

555, your OCD must be a bitch.

Yawn

Wow...your mother must be disappointed after she spent all of US$10 on your education. She wus robbed!

I'll rescind my statement once you post any kind of on topic and intelligent comment. So far we've had an completely misplaced

analogy and it's gone strictly downhill from there. You know that I'm right. You're just a bit sad if that is the best you can produce. Better you go to sleep.

Archived