IGNORED

Beerfest at The Avenue on Second Road

Evil Penevil

I don't think it makes any serious attempt to be authentic German...rather a German themed restaurant/bar...the prevalence of Russian dishes on the menu points to its target clientele...and it seemed to have done pretty well in Jomtien

It's good to see something a bit different in central Pattaya...and look forward to reading EP's next update...

http://beerfest-thai.com/en/main

It was not in Jomtien before, but in North Pattaya, opposite Soi 5.

It was not in Jomtien before, but in North Pattaya, opposite Soi 5.

Jomtien as well...Soi 7 I think...

Hooray beer!

I think that moved to new premises next to the Hanuman Statue. They sell "craft" beers at silly prices.

I think that moved to new premises next to the Hanuman Statue. They sell "craft" beers at silly prices.

that one was called the cove

I assume the McDonalds is still in operation in The Avenue?  Is the Irish pub long gone up on 2nd floor?

Evil, thanks for posting, this place looks fantastic, as do the dishes you got...added to my list of must-visits for this summer.  Very reasonably priced given its new and has AC etc.

Cheers, Alex

I assume the McDonalds is still in operation in The Avenue?  Is the Irish pub long gone up on 2nd floor?

ronalds still there.

irish pub shenanigans shut years ago, then was trading as Acorn a sort of family friendly pub place............that failed too

currently occupied by the all american diner............sports tv , burgers ribs etc

Evil, thanks for posting, this place looks fantastic, as do the dishes you got...added to my list of must-visits for this summer.  Very reasonably priced given its new and has AC etc.

Cheers, Alex

McDonalds is still in operation and by far the busiest business of any type in The Avenue. Villa (super)Market and Oishi (sushi all-you-can-eat) are the only others with a fair amount of trade, maybe Pizza Pizza as well on occasion but not regularly.

Striderman beat me to it about Shenanigans.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

looked at the place last Sunday, only a few people in there but it looked cool.  do they have thai food also.  might give it a try on my next movie night, food looks great.   nice review thanks

looked at the place last Sunday, only a few people in there but it looked cool.  do they have thai food also.  might give it a try on my next movie night, food looks great.   nice review thanks

Yes, they have Thai food, but mostly Thai snacks and only a few Thai main dishes.

Evil

What price do you feel is appropriate for craft beer in Pattaya?  Is there any other establishment in Pattaya that sells craft beer cheaper?

Evil

Yes, indeed, I remember having seen something like that on Jomtien Soi 7.

Not actually what I’m normally looking for.

McDonalds is still in operation and by far the busiest business of any type in The Avenue. Villa (super)Market and Oishi (sushi all-you-can-eat) are the only others with a fair amount of trade, maybe Pizza Pizza as well on occasion but not regularly.

Striderman beat me to it about Shenanigans.

Evil

Villa Market attracts very few customers.

Their prices are in general higher and their staff very unfriendly compared to other farang supermarkets.

Officially Villa Market closes at midnight, but the staff turn off the music at half past eleven and lock all doors at quarter to twelve.

Officially Villa Market closes at midnight, but the staff turn off the music at half past eleven and lock all doors at quarter to twelve.

From May 21, Villa Market is changing its hours of operation to 8.00 a.m. to 10 p.m. from the current 7 a.m. to midnight.

I said I'd wait a week or so before visiting Beerfest again to give them a chance to get the draft beer flowing, but the hot weather hastened my return.  A couple of days ago, the 95 degree heat and high humidity really got to me as soon as I I stepped outside. I just didn't have the energy to go further than the nearby Avenue Mall, so I had another meal at Beerfest.

post-9139-0-60629800-1463296585.jpg

I had wanted to try the okroshka (Russian cold summer soup, 100 baht), but it wasn't available.  I instead had a small cup of cream of mushroom instead (60 baht), which had a darker color and deeper flavor than you usually get with mushroom soup..

post-9139-0-94524300-1463296598.jpg

Beerfest also has Ukranian varenyky on the menu.  Varenyky are crescent-shaped filled dumplings that are larger than pelmeni and closer to Polish pierogis in size and the thickness of the dough covering.  At Beerfest, the varenyky filled with cabbage and bacon (100 baht).

post-9139-0-65693800-1463296617.jpg

post-9139-0-81109000-1463304762.jpg

It was OK, but I didn't like it as much as the pelmeni. Beerfest had been a bit stingy with the filling of the varenyky, resulting a low ratio of filling to dough.  Th filling tasted fine, but was somewhat watery. 

post-9139-0-66731600-1463304405.jpg

post-9139-0-76986600-1463304394.jpg

post-9139-0-33829800-1463304419.jpg

If I want to have Russian dumplings again at Beerfest, I'll stick to the pelmeni. But no doubt, the soup (60 baht), varenyky (100 baht)  and Coke Zero (40 baht) cost a total of 200 baht, which is cheap for a filling meal.

My next report should be about their craft beer.

Evil

From May 21, Villa Market is changing its hours of operation to 8.00 a.m. to 10 p.m. from the current 7 a.m. to midnight.

I said I'd wait a week or so before visiting Beerfest again to give them a chance to get the draft beer flowing, but the hot weather hastened my return.  A couple of days ago, the 95 degree heat and high humidity really got to me as soon as I I stepped outside. I just didn't have the energy to go further than the nearby Avenue Mall, so I had another meal at Beerfest.

post-9139-0-60629800-1463296585.jpg

I had wanted to try the okroshka (Russian cold summer soup, 100 baht), but it wasn't available.  I instead had a small cup of cream of mushroom instead (60 baht), which had a darker color and deeper flavor than you usually get with mushroom soup..

post-9139-0-94524300-1463296598.jpg

Beerfest also has Ukranian varenyky on the menu.  Varenyky are crescent-shaped filled dumplings that are larger than pelmeni and closer to Polish pierogis in size and the thickness of the dough covering.  At Beerfest, the varenyky filled with cabbage and bacon (100 baht).

post-9139-0-65693800-1463296617.jpg

post-9139-0-81109000-1463304762.jpg

It was OK, but I didn't like it as much as the pelmeni. Beerfest had been a bit stingy with the filling of the varenyky, resulting a low ratio of filling to dough.  Th filling tasted fine, but was somewhat watery. 

post-9139-0-66731600-1463304405.jpg

post-9139-0-76986600-1463304394.jpg

post-9139-0-33829800-1463304419.jpg

If I want to have Russian dumplings again at Beerfest, I'll stick to the pelmeni. But no doubt, the soup (60 baht), varenyky (100 baht)  and Coke Zero (40 baht) cost a total of 200 baht, which is cheap for a filling meal.

My next report should be about their craft beer.

Evil

I wonder why Villa Market even bothers keeping a branch in Pattaya.

I can’t judge their Bangkok branches, but their Pattaya branch is by far the worst supermarket in Pattaya with the staff with the worst attitude.

Villa can't close, where else am I going to get my Hellmans light mayonnaise in a squeezy bottle?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Villa can't close, where else am I going to get my Hellmans light mayonnaise in a squeezy bottle?

Villa Market does have some novelties, but they also have a number of inferior products.

Their (American) Philadelphia, for instance, contains even more artificial additives than the (Australian) light version of Philadelphia for sale at other places.

If Villa closes how will I get 5 hours of free parking by buying a 35B can of beer? :huh:

It's quite a good price for a place like that. But yeah, by the looks of it, those dumplings would be better at, say, 120 baht with double the bacon and a bit more carrot. (That orange stuff is carrot, right? I can't imagine anyone putting chili in Ukranian dumplings...)

Exactly! Great selection of Farang junk food and sauces. Go to place when you need a corn syrup fix. 

Avenue mall is kind of a weird place. Excepts for McDs and the guys selling T-shirts and underwear outside in the night market everything seems lie kit is running at 1/10th capacity. A shame as they have a great location...   

Exactly! Great selection of Farang junk food and sauces. Go to place when you need a corn syrup fix.

Avenue mall is kind of a weird place. Excepts for McDs and the guys selling T-shirts and underwear outside in the night market everything seems lie kit is running at 1/10th capacity. A shame as they have a great location...

Agree, best thing for me is the cinema. They sell small cans of Singha and will put them in a plastic bag with ice. I'll have to try that back in the UK lol

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Archived