Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

I'm a tourist please rip me off.

DangerMouse

I paid 500 Baht for a disposal camera on Samui for my girl. My own stupidity as I did not think about haggling at the time.

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

First time in Pattaya on soi 13 and 2nd.

I was looking for the Made in Thai Market and a baht bus stopped. I asked him if he could take me there (3 blocks away) and he said yes for 200 baht.

Not knowing how far away it was.....I accepted. (Should have been 10 baht)

Don't go to the Pink Kitchen Big C PATTAYA Big problem food Poisoning big problem the meat is re heated and they got no idea about food and preperation you will be very ill .

DO NOT GO HALIFAX BAR Soi Six PATTAYA.THE MOMASAN IS EVIL IN THE EXTREME .IF YOU DO NOT BUY HER A DRINK SHE WILL GET ONE OF HER SICK YOUNG LADIES TO STRADDLE YOU SUCK YOUR MOUTH AND GIVE YOU HERPES ALL FOR FREE AND THAT'S IF YOUR LUCKY IT COULD BE WORSE SICKO OLD BAG

Edited by tommmytucker

Sanctuary of Truth 500 bht for me Okay but 500 bht for my thai b/g simply to look at a load of old wooden blocks,which IMHO need some URGENT repairs before it all collapses.

It's no wonder you are required to wear a "Crash Hat" the entire structure is in serious danger of imploding! :angry2: One of Pattaya's biggest rip offs. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I thought it was excellentvalue for money and I paid 700. Was there for five hours. Loved it!

100_3557__Small_.JPG

100_3575__Small_.JPG

I used to do the "drink until the sun comes up" stuff

but as I am progressing in years - I prefer to have my little honey back in the room NLT (No Later Than) 0200. That way I am usually up at the crack of noon.

I've been up the crack of noon a few times. Don't see her around nowadays tho. :P

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

i payed 500 baht to go from bangkok to airport ,book day befor i leave,no reciect,is a 150 baht trip

got to airport ,driver ask for money,cant prove i allready payed,pay again

when i first got to airport i pay 1200 baht for airport limo,sad really

well live learn

big c food hall,i heard off some one who got sick,samanella,spent 3 days in hospital,600 quid bill

all for 50 baht dogy meal

well be wise and carefull

i drink lot spirits,to kill the germs

works for me

never been ill yet

been hungary ,but not ill

You were not robbed...you were not ripped off

you were just STU....no...I won't say it

best thing to do if you want to do some shopping is as you are walking around the first couple of days ...get some prices...nothing serious...no haggling til you drop...just get some ball park figures

THEN...go to the market on Soi Buakhao - Tues/Fri and Sunday - and get the stuff for about 1/2 what you were quoted at Mike's, Royal Garden, or from the multitude of street vendors. GO early - about 0900 - 1000 - before it gets too fucking hot and save yourself a ton of money

D :P Dude dont you stay out drinking all night and sleep all day you cant be from the UK

• 3 weeks later...

those damn bhat bus drivers charged me 100bht every ride.took me about 3 days to realise everyone else was paying 10bht for the same journey! the joys of been a newbie!

• 5 months later...

These are some pretty good posts...Had to laugh at a few of them. Although I have not been to Thailand yet, it seems the same things happen in Korea and the Phillipines. Probably takes a couple trips to get the lay of the land so to speak.

1600 for 2 pair, thats still over 15 quid each and for Thailand thats expensive, you,ve been had mate, or well lesson learned eh.

420 was too much too half that to 250 is about right, and buy a dozen you would get even better price.

75% of people that come here as a newbie get ripped off probably because they have not heard of the forums or have not spent enough time studying them, the other 25% just have thier guard down.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

On my 1st trip to Thailand back in 2003 I got burnt on a sports coat I bought it along 2nd road. It was "custom" fit for me but the jacket never fit correctly (too small) and I went round and round with the vendor over it. I ended up spending 50 US dollars for a jacket that just did not fit. Since then I have never bought any clothes in Thailand again except t-shirts or hats.....cheap stuff. Most of those tailors selling suits or dress clothes are crooks and I would avoid them like the plaque.

What is the most you have been rip off for either by a shop, bar, GoGo etc in Thailand.

I went to BigC once and there was a guy who had a stall outside by the doors selling clothes. At the time I was into buying cargo pants and had purchased a few pairs. It was like an addiction. So this guy has some cargo short pants and he wants 1200 baht each for them so I bargin him down to 1600 baht for two pairs and I am really chuffed. I go upstairs in BigC and one of the shops is selling exactly the same pants for 420 baht each. I was robbed gimmy my money back. A stupid falang is born every minute.

What are your experiences? :Gimme_Head: :001_XMas_Cheers:

As you did agree the price and was happy ,

how was you robbed ?

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Had to do a visa run to Penang,Got of the ferry and a guy came up and ask where I wanted to go, told him the hotel I was staying, he said 10 Malaysian dollars or whatever their currency is. Going to my room the room boy carrying my case said I'd paid to much, the fare from the pier was I Dollar.

Next morning whilst waiting for a taxi the hotel had phoned for me, the guy came into the hotel and said to me that he had been thinking alnight and he would show me all the sites. I told him that I also had been thinking, as I had paid him 10 times the fare he could have the day off. :Insanity::001_Sawasdee:

jeff.