IGNORED

I'm a tourist please rip me off.

DangerMouse

What is the most you have been rip off for either by a shop, bar, GoGo etc in Thailand.

I went to BigC once and there was a guy who had a stall outside by the doors selling clothes. At the time I was into buying cargo pants and had purchased a few pairs. It was like an addiction. So this guy has some cargo short pants and he wants 1200 baht each for them so I bargin him down to 1600 baht for two pairs and I am really chuffed. I go upstairs in BigC and one of the shops is selling exactly the same pants for 420 baht each. I was robbed gimmy my money back. A stupid falang is born every minute.

What are your experiences? :Gimme_Head: :001_XMas_Cheers:

Sanctuary of Truth 500 bht for me Okay but 500 bht for my thai b/g simply to look at a load of old wooden blocks,which IMHO need some URGENT repairs before it all collapses.

It's no wonder you are required to wear a "Crash Hat" the entire structure is in serious danger of imploding! :angry2: One of Pattaya's biggest rip offs. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I went to BigC once and there was a guy who had a stall outside by the doors selling clothes. At the time I was into buying cargo pants and had purchased a few pairs. It was like an addiction. So this guy has some cargo short pants and he wants 1200 baht each for them so I bargin him down to 1600 baht for two pairs and I am really chuffed. I go upstairs in BigC and one of the shops is selling exactly the same pants for 420 baht each. I was robbed gimmy my money back. A stupid falang is born every minute.

You were not robbed...you were not ripped off

you were just STU....no...I won't say it

best thing to do if you want to do some shopping is as you are walking around the first couple of days ...get some prices...nothing serious...no haggling til you drop...just get some ball park figures

THEN...go to the market on Soi Buakhao - Tues/Fri and Sunday - and get the stuff for about 1/2 what you were quoted at Mike's, Royal Garden, or from the multitude of street vendors. GO early - about 0900 - 1000 - before it gets too fucking hot and save yourself a ton of money

GO early - about 0900 - 1000

That's the funniest thing I have read so far today... :Laughing_Donald: :beer9: How do you get up that early!!?? I've never seen that time in Pattaya.. :P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

How do you get up that early!!??

Alarm clock

once finished - eat, back to room, fuck, sleep for a bit, and back out again

That's the funniest thing I have read so far today... :Laughing_Donald: :beer9: How do you get up that early!!?? I've never seen that time in Pattaya.. :D

I have, of course I was just getting back to the room! :P

I used to do the "drink until the sun comes up" stuff

but as I am progressing in years - I prefer to have my little honey back in the room NLT (No Later Than) 0200. That way I am usually up at the crack of noon.

would you like to buy a bar..........makes 1 million baht a year profit and I will sell you a 3 years lease for 3.5 million baht. :P:beer9:

Edited by sinkorswim

I used to do the "drink until the sun comes up" stuff

but as I am progressing in years - I prefer to have my little honey back in the room NLT (No Later Than) 0200. That way I am usually up at the crack of noon.

By noon, I will have had the morning shag, (if I barfined the night before) swum for an hour and spent some time trying to force my brain to remember a few more Thai words.

There again, I live here so I try to get up at a reasonable hour - i.e. around 9.30.

Alan

What is the most you have been rip off for either by a shop, bar, GoGo etc in Thailand.

cheap lesson to learn

That's the funniest thing I have read so far today... :Laughing_Donald: :P How do you get up that early!!?? I've never seen that time in Pattaya.. :D

It siimple, i'll go to the market on the way home after a drunken night out. Should be about the right time!! Should get a bargain as they'll want to get rid of the big farang swaying all over there stock.

would you like to buy a bar..........makes 1 million baht a year profit and I will sell you a 3 years lease for 3.5 million baht. :D:beer9:

Yes please the money is in the post, I didnt know how much to send so i sent all of it...

i did the same last christmas in bangkok, i wanted a pair of sandals and brought them in the first shop i saw outside soi 11 in the evening of my arrival in bkk, paid well over the top and learnt by my mistake :P

• 4 months later...

Either way, you paid less for them than if you were at home so it's still a pretty good deal, don't be so hard on yourself, mai pen rai :GrinNod1:

462938141.img.jpg

i used to always hit the patpong markets and buy some wallets for friends as well as other clothing items and always thought i was screwing them right down on the price. it wasnt until i went to these markets with a Thai national, that i realised they were the ones screwing me bigtime!

Cople of years back I got conned in the Bamboo Bar near W/S. My mate was paying as he drunk I had a bin. The fucking cunt of a bar waiter was putting his chits in my bin. Cost me 1500 baht for about 1 1/2 hours of drinking. I swore never to go back. Recently a couple of BKK TGF's dragged me in. I paid 80 baht for a water. They can get fucked.

If I pay to mutt anywere else, it usually is my stupid fault.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Bamboo bar...ordered a beer...gave the waiter 1000baht he left ...30 mins later I still don't have my change....I called over a manager....she called another Thai guy...they asked me what he looked like.....shit...cmon...ya know Thai guys do look all alike....shit they had me walking all over that bar....having me look at all the waiters.....shit I couldn't recognize him if I tried.....finally the little bastard comes running up to me and the managers with my money saying that he had been "looking" for me and that "I" had moved......yeah right....well it was one of those times and I decided to let him save face I gave him a 20baht tip and said thank you...I was way pissed off and annoyed....i did tell the manager that it was not my job to go look for my money. But everything turned out great I hooked up with this 20 something hottie who turned out to be amazing in bed....not a seasoned girl....just a normal Thai girl looking to have fun....and damn happy to get 500baht to do what she wanted......FUCK! man this girl was hot......cant remember her name but when i get back I'm def going to look for her in Bamboo!

• 2 weeks later...
You were not robbed...you were not ripped off

you were just STU....no...I won't say it

best thing to do if you want to do some shopping is as you are walking around the first couple of days ...get some prices...nothing serious...no haggling til you drop...just get some ball park figures

THEN...go to the market on Soi Buakhao - Tues/Fri and Sunday - and get the stuff for about 1/2 what you were quoted at Mike's, Royal Garden, or from the multitude of street vendors. GO early - about 0900 - 1000 - before it gets too fucking hot and save yourself a ton of money

I agree with upena. You can buy quality cargo pants all day long in the states for 600 baht.

I was ripped off big time by 'K Line' shipping company.There 'customs broker ' and office administrator managed a 60, 000Bt scam on the duty paid to the customs for a boat I brought in .

It wasn't worth risking having the boat seized by Thai customs for a mistake in the paperwork( no import licence for the radio ) so I paid them even though I knew I would never get a recipe for the money that was supposedly paid to the authorities.

I don't get angry.

I don't sulk. I don't fret or worry .

Jay ying ying!

I will get even with the scheming little cutie one day though , I always do in time .

The only other scam was by a Fallang 'mate' ( yes I fell for that one ) who 'borrowed' 14,000Bt when he was in a mess.

He did the same with a lot of the lads and has now found the air up country is healthier for him.

He owned a ST bar in Jomtien for a while and then got scammed out of it by an even biger scammer so some of you will know who I mean !

• 4 weeks later...

I was ripped off big time by 'K Line' shipping company.There 'customs broker ' and office administrator managed a 60, 000Bt scam on the duty paid to the customs for a boat I brought in .

It wasn't worth risking having the boat seized by Thai customs for a mistake in the paperwork( no import licence for the radio ) so I paid them even though I knew I would never get a recipe for the money that was supposedly paid to the authorities.

I can relate to this being an exporter into thaiand among other countries. Thai customs dont get paid much and seem to make alot of their money through extra fees charged. any errors in certs of origin or way bills will be hit hard, and the only way you can clear your goods is to offer to pay a certain sum of money. If you refuse to pay, then they just wont clear your good until you do, and charge you excessily for storage and handling.

Some of these shipping companies can be in on it too, however most are just getting hit by cusotms themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

on my first trip i overpayed on t-shirts and sandals but i did'nt know till i went with a thai girl the second time.everything was a lot cheaper,and yes she paid for her own clothes.seems she did'nt want me to think she wanted my money.hahaha

Well this one time, i took this girl back to my room and shagged the shit out of her. When we woke up she actually asked me for money, can you believe that? Who does she think i am, some fucking atm? lol sorry guys couldnt resist

I was in Bamboo bar...ordered a beer...gave the waiter 1000baht he left ...30 mins later I still don't have my change....I called over a manager....she called another Thai guy...they asked me what he looked like.....shit...cmon...ya know Thai guys do look all alike....shit they had me walking all over that bar....having me look at all the waiters.....shit I couldn't recognize him if I tried.....finally the little bastard comes running up to me and the managers with my money saying that he had been "looking" for me and that "I" had moved......yeah right....well it was one of those times and I decided to let him save face I gave him a 20baht tip and said thank you...I was way pissed off and annoyed....i did tell the manager that it was not my job to go look for my money. But everything turned out great I hooked up with this 20 something hottie who turned out to be amazing in bed....not a seasoned girl....just a normal Thai girl looking to have fun....and damn happy to get 500baht to do what she wanted......FUCK! man this girl was hot......cant remember her name but when i get back I'm def going to look for her in Bamboo!

Yes, every cloud has its silver lining. You should tip that waiter more next time as he allowed to find that bird lol

• 1 year later...

Surely I'm not the only div who paid an absolute fortune for the taxi to BKK the first time they came here? I paid 700B and then tipped the guy 500B as I thought it was a good price for such a long trip! :)

BARGIRLS CAN FAKE AN ORGASM BUT I CAN FAKE A WHOLE RELATIONSHIP

Sanctuary of Truth 500 bht for me Okay but 500 bht for my thai b/g simply to look at a load of old wooden blocks,which IMHO need some URGENT repairs before it all collapses.

It's no wonder you are required to wear a "Crash Hat" the entire structure is in serious danger of imploding! :angry2: One of Pattaya's biggest rip offs. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

BTW they only started building it in 1981 and it wont be finished for another 17 years - bit early for running repairs. For 500 baht you get swim with dolphins too :)

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

On my first trip to Pattaya I was ripped off by the taxi driver who took me to nong nooch gardens, he charged me 1500 bahts. WTF.

Rikster

10% discount given to all Pattaya Addicts Privilege card holders.

Me and a coworker both made our first trip to LOS earlier this year. We stayed 5 days in BKK and then moved on down to Pattaya for the remainder of the trip. All in all, a great time but yes, we got ripped off before we ever left the airport in BKK.

I wanted to just go outside and flag a taxi to take us to the hotel, the Ambassador on Sukumvit road on Soi 15 I believe (avoid this hotel, its the shits but thats another story). However, going outside to get a taxi was not easy enough for him...he wanted to go to the little stand that said "Transportation". I reluctatly agreed and stood off to the side as he got us our ride to the hotel. He looks over and says that I have to split it with him and I nod ok. Then I hear the question "First time in Thailand?" to which my buddy, in hindsight stupidly, says yes to. We go outside and I almost shit myself. He had booked us a 7 series BMW to take us halfway across town in BKK and it cost 2200 bht. I refused to split it with him since he was a retard and I figured it would teach him a lesson. It didnt and the overpaying continued till we left.

"The very existance of flame throwers proves that someone, sometime, somewhere said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." "