IGNORED

help for my visa question please please

talung66

I am Australian citizen my plan is to arrive in Thailand stay 1 week then go to sri lanka  for 2 weeks then stay 90 days in Pattaya.

I have been told and thought myself if I arrive and try to get a visa on arrival for 30 day stay put in my passport.

and already  have a 90 day one in it issued to me here in Australia I run the risk of it being stamped and thus used up.

I don't think I qualify any how for it any how.

so now my plan is arrive get visa on arrival

Then get a 60 day one in sri lanka.

Then get a 30 day extension in Thailand.

is this correct and can I do the extension in Jomtiem and not have to go to Bangkok.

OR

any advise on trying to get a 90 day non immigrant visa in Thailand.

I think its hard to get the stuff for a retirement one and I might not qualify ill be 50 by the time I need to go(I got the money but its in a term deposit. And criminal record check would bring up good behaviour bond when it was 18)

leaning for the educational one any advise its it just a case of getting a letter from a Thai school to learn the language

I don't want to take the risk of not getting it as it take 5 days to process in sri lanka then trying again for a 60 day tourist one for another 5 days.

Thanks in Advance

Martin

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

If you are worried just get a 6 month multi entry tourist visa in Australia.

Just come to Thailand and you get the 30 day visa exemption . Make your trip to Sri Lanka , a may be wrong but

don't think they have a Thai embassy in Sri Lanka . 

Come back to Thailand and get another 30 day exemption . You can get an extension on that in Jomtien for another

30 days or better make a little side trip to Phnom Penh or Vientiane and get a 60 day tourist visa over there . 

It's not possible to have a tourist visa in your passport and not use it going into Thailand so your plan of getting an 

exemption and use the toursit visa for the next entry is not possible . 

so now my plan is arrive get visa on arrival

Then get a 60 day one in sri lanka.

Then get a 30 day extension in Thailand.

is this correct and can I do the extension in Jomtiem and not have to go to Bangkok.

I think this plan is correct.

Assuming Google is right?   http://www.thaiembassy.org/colombo/en/home

Royal Thai Embassy Colombo, Sri lanka

No. 29A Wijerama Mawatha,

Colombo 07, Sri Lanka

Tel. 00 94 11 7529 500 -3 
Fax. 00 94 11 7529 504
E-mail : 
[email protected]
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/RTEColombo

Royal Thai Embassy Colombo, Sri lanka

No. 29A Wijerama Mawatha,

Colombo 07, Sri Lanka

Tel. 00 94 11 7529 500 -3 

Fax. 00 94 11 7529 504

E-mail : [email protected]

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/RTEColombo

My advice is to contact the Embassy in Sri Lanka before doing too much planning just to make sure that you will be able to get a visa there. It shouldn't be a problem but it is always best to check.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Just get a double entry visa in oz. your first entry one week in thai then your second entry after sri lanka for 60 days then extend 30 more days. Easy!

If you're not thinking about pussy then you're just not concentrating.

TARL cheers I read that wrong in application dose that mean I have to still leave every 30 days.

Just get a double entry visa in oz. your first entry one week in thai then your second entry after sri lanka for 60 days then extend 30 more days. Easy!

Double & Triple no more - only SETV or METV now.

cheers I read that wrong in application dose that mean I have to still leave every 30 days

No if you mean for SETV - after 60 days or extend for 30 at Jomtien without leaving....then leave after 90.

Edit - Same for a METV but I doubt you'll get one.

If you are worried just get a 6 month multi entry tourist visa in Australia.

dose that mean i have to leave the country ever 30 days still

no more 60 day double entries in oz got one for free once with the GFC in 2007.

Thanks all i will look into the 6 month multi entry tommorow

It's not possible to have a tourist visa in your passport and not use it going into Thailand so your plan of getting an 

exemption and use the toursit visa for the next entry is not possible .

Happened to me, I forgot to write the visa number on my arrival card, so they just gave me a 30 day visa waiver stamp.

Though I think this was a ME visa, so it was on my second entry, which would have made it easier for immigration to overlook my valid visa.

For the records, I did get the mistake corrected later (once I noticed).

Thanks all i will look into the 6 month multi entry tommorow

As Edge says it gives you 60 days each entry before you have to do a visa run or go to immigration here for a 30 day extension. I got one in December with no problems. Cost was $225 from memory. Come and go as you please in that 6 months which I really like.

http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

No if you mean for SETV - after 60 days or extend for 30 at Jomtien without leaving....then leave after 90.

Edit - Same for a METV but I doubt you'll get one.

Why you doubt he will get one mate? Requirements aren't that tough to get this type of visa.

Why you doubt he will get one mate? Requirements aren't that tough to get this type of visa.

I see you speak from experience Tarl but the only other thread I read from someone who got one said it wasnt worth the effort.

It certainly sounds hard work to me but see what he finds out.

Edit...I thought he only wanted 90 days?

I see you speak from experience Tarl but the only other thread I read from someone who got one said it wasnt worth the effort.

It certainly sounds hard work to me but see what he finds out.

There really not that bad to get, at least in Australia. My only concern is if they keep issuing them to me every 6-8 months. I will be applying for another one in June. Fingers crossed :)

There really not that bad to get, at least in Australia. My only concern is if they keep issuing them to me every 6-8 months. I will be applying for another one in June. Fingers crossed :)

I haven't had experience either but things may have changed recently. Also the multiple entry visa is $225 verses $45 for the single entry. The METV is the same price as a one year multiple entry non-imm type O visa...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I haven't had experience either but things may have changed recently. Also the multiple entry visa is $225 verses $45 for the single entry. The METV is the same price as a one year multiple entry non-imm type O visa...lol

Yeah I was surprised at the cost. Also 60 days in lieu of the previous 90 is a pain but understandable for a visa of this type. The SETV doesn't suit me at all unfortunately. Push comes to shove I will have to go the non imm O retirement option but prefer not to.

Arguable for a 6-8 month trip whether getting mulitple SETVs or a single METV is cheaper. I suspect overall costs would be about the same.

Yeah I was surprised at the cost. Also 60 days in lieu of the previous 90 is a pain but understandable for a visa of this type. The SETV doesn't suit me at all unfortunately. Push comes to shove I will have to go the non imm O retirement option but prefer not to.

Arguable for a 6-8 month trip whether getting mulitple SETVs or a single METV is cheaper. I suspect overall costs would be about the same.

The requirements for the retirement visa are strict. You will need a medical and a police check. Also they can only be processed in Canberra. I know the Sydney consulate is taking applications but I think they are sending them to Canberra. As far as I am aware the other consulates will not accept applications for retirement visas.

Why not get a SETV in Sri Lanka, giving you 60 days, then extend once you are in Thailand? This should give you 90 days.

THANKS ALL

going with 2 choices

1) 60 day SETV in sri lanka around $40 think it was 4500 LKR then a extension around the same price in Jontiem

or

2) METV strait from Australia at $225

do indeed booked ticket in Thailand in application for every time I have to leave with that or is 1st and last enough

The requirements for the retirement visa are strict. You will need a medical and a police check. Also they can only be processed in Canberra. I know the Sydney consulate is taking applications but I think they are sending them to Canberra. As far as I am aware the other consulates will not accept applications for retirement visas.

Why not get a SETV in Sri Lanka, giving you 60 days, then extend once you are in Thailand? This should give you 90 days.

I am here around 8-9 months a year. Retirement visa is much easier to get here than in Australia from what I have heard.

That idea on the SERV might suit the OP though.

I am here around 8-9 months a year. Retirement visa is much easier to get here than in Australia from what I have heard.

Yes, obviously I was commenting on the OPs situation. It's easy to get an extension of stay in Thailand for retirement purposes.

THANKS ALL

going with 2 choices

1) 60 day SETV in sri lanka around $40 think it was 4500 LKR then a extension around the same price in Jontiem

or

2) METV strait from Australia at $225

do indeed booked ticket in Thailand in application for every time I have to leave with that or is 1st and last enough

Not sure what you mean sorry. For a METV you will need to show your Sri Lanka tickets. Jomtien extension is around $76.

Archived