IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

2 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Yep and you don’t get arse wiped on the Thai food

Stop taking all your girlfriends there lol

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Damn, I thought this thread was about girls lol

Try the Bush Mountain thread.

the once a year offer time at subway comes round this thursday 31st oct......................

274967005_29oct004(Custom).JPG.995737b22a7a23ba84c8f7dfd8758452.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 06/10/2019 at 06:05, udontony said:

For many years Kilkenny has been one of my favourite breakfast places in Pattaya.  I have never had a bad meal there, it is consistently good in quality and service..   Looking at the new menu it seems they have omitted the mushrooms from the big breakfast which is a pity.  I will be back there again soon to see how much it has changed.

Had breakfast there a few times this week and the mushrooms had only been omitted only on the menu and not on the plate.   Same really good breakfast for 145 baht, my favourite now the Boars Head appears to have closed.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 minutes ago, udontony said:

my favourite now the Boars Head appears to have closed.

On Chayapoon last week it looked as though they were preparing to 're-open the Board Head on the other side of the Soi a little bit further up.

• Like 3

Chunky Monkey special today

Chicken in cashew nut butter gravy with rice and nan bread 128b. That's a large spoon the picture too. A nice sized portion and tasted great to me. 4acf8e28b11ffd92dc6ec1868bab1b1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, tallguy said:

On Chayapoon last week it looked as though they were preparing to 're-open the Board Head on the other side of the Soi a little bit further up.

If they are it will be good news as long as the breakfasts are the same!   Unfortunately I am heading home tomorrow but would welcome any information ready for my next trip.

19 hours ago, udontony said:

If they are it will be good news as long as the breakfasts are the same!   Unfortunately I am heading home tomorrow but would welcome any information ready for my next trip.

I walked past again yesterday. The old Boar's Head sign offering 50 baht beers all day is now outside the shop roughly opposite Seaside restaurant. However, there is now a sign up proclaiming 'Mot Tang's Restaurant' which looks mainly Thai. Maybe some of the old Boars Head staff are involved.

1 hour ago, tallguy said:

I walked past again yesterday. The old Boar's Head sign offering 50 baht beers all day is now outside the shop roughly opposite Seaside restaurant. However, there is now a sign up proclaiming 'Mot Tang's Restaurant' which looks mainly Thai. Maybe some of the old Boars Head staff are involved.

Sounds like Tuk's old place.  Some months ago the rent was doubled causing her to abandon ship.  They then "renovated".

9 hours ago, tallguy said:

Just over two months ago all the staff were laid off and just the owners continued with the business.   Hope things work out for them and all the staff, some of which were good friends.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Boar's Head isdefinitely re-opened, at the new address opposite Seaside, the breakfast was fine (with the exception of the sausage, which had shrunk, compared to the old location) at the same price  ...  now if-only they can start opening at the advertised-time (9.00 am) they can perhaps re-build their regular trade ?

Had a curry at CM a few nights ago, as usual it was good-value & tasty, but last night (with 5 staff & no-more-than 10 customers) it took more-than 5-minutes to give me a menu, and the same again to come & take my order, so I'd say that the new management need to keep their eye on service & attention-to-detail, if they wish to survive.

CC continues to deliver meh-food, at a low price, adequate but not notable IMO.

HH is clearly the current go-to, out of the pack, and will get most of my business, for the remainder of this trip.

I have found great little gem called jasmines cafe next to the basaya hotel. Its has excellent thai food and its a change from the tin cup

43 minutes ago, mikkem said:

I have found great little gem called jasmines cafe next to the basaya hotel. Its has excellent thai food and its a change from the tin cup

Fine if you like Touristy Thai Food.

I wanted to recommend the chicken-massaman curry, with white-rice, for B140 at Chunky Monkey yesterday-evening.

The sauce was thick & creamy, mildly-curried with a few peanuts, but plenty of chunky chicken & potato in it, definitely worth going for again, I thought.

Also the Thai-style chicken-fried-rice at Seaside (in Soi Chaiyapoon), tasty & a decent-sized plate-full, a good breakfast-alternative for just B50 ! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Did75 said:

For information, the restaurant "My Way", which had been mentioned in this thread, is closed.

There are works in progress...

That is worrying  news, I knew the previous owner Rinus very well and My Way was one of my favourites for a long long time. He sadly passed away last year and from what I heared his wife and daughter wanted to continue the restaurant but renovation in Pattaya often means new owner. Really hope they will be back with the same menu and quality food but have some serious doubts now... 

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

6 minutes ago, Abracadabra said:

That is worrying  news, I knew the previous owner Rinus very well and My Way was one of my favourites for a long long time. He sadly passed away last year and from what I heared his wife and daughter wanted to continue the restaurant but renovation in Pattaya often means new owner. Really hope they will be back with the same menu and quality food but have some serious doubts now... 

The timing is not good, why renovate as high season is just kicking off?

1 minute ago, Taa_Saparot said:

The timing is not good, why renovate as high season is just kicking off?

Yep, I don't understand it either.... Only explanation I have is new owner.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

7 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Yep, I don't understand it either.... Only explanation I have is new owner.

I think I heard it had been bought by the owners of the place next door, (or nearby).

On 14/11/2019 at 19:09, semi-retired member said:

I wanted to recommend the chicken-massaman curry, with white-rice, for B140 at Chunky Monkey yesterday-evening.

The sauce was thick & creamy, mildly-curried with a few peanuts, but plenty of chunky chicken & potato in it, definitely worth going for again, I thought.

UPDATE :  Went back this evening to enjoy the Massamun-Curry at Chunky Monkey, for the final meal of my trip, and lo-and-behold the price has jumped from B140 to B149, plus another extra B20 added-on for the rice ! :wink:

It had only a few potatoes this time, and was more spicy/fiery, still quite good.

And Hungry Hippo has added B10 to its Sunday-roasts, and the B99-full-English is now B109, too.  :o

I guess high-season has arrived, in their minds at-least, time to go home !  :rolleyes:

On 08/11/2019 at 09:25, semi-retired member said:

The Boar's Head .. [okay, I got that one!]

Had a curry at CM a few nights ago, as usual it was good-value & tasty .. [uhh, CM?]

CC continues to deliver meh-food .. [umm, CC?]

HH is clearly the current go-to .. [sheesh, HH?]

Hey, semi-retired .. appreciate your MOTS critique of the LFIP .. uhh .. well .. ummm, sort of.

Your forum foodie fans might also enjoy your review of DB, BR, QT, and AP .. that is, of course .. IMO!  ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:40, Did75 said:

For information, the restaurant "My Way", which had been mentioned in this thread, is closed.

There are works in progress...

Pic taken last week

20191114_190338.jpg

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 04:17, Abracadabra said:

Thanks for the info , was going to try the place and saw it locked. Went over to Patrick's and had an overpriced but excellent steak

Don't think Ill try My Way till its got some patronage under it belt

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.