Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

As mentioned earlier toad in the hole with onion gravy would be on my best 3 meals for me

• Like 2

On 27/11/2019 at 00:14, ChiFlyer said:

Prime Burger .....

Anybody know if you can order the Paris as a chicken sandwich?

I stopped back in at Prime tonight. I was tempted to ask for a Paris Chicken Sandwich, but I was already confusing the poor waitress that had the bad luck to draw my cranky ass. I decided to try the Dubai with jalapenos, which is their standard chicken sandwich. Not bad, but I was not wow'd.

I do like the atmosphere, the curly fries, and service level. I will likely try again before too much longer and see if I can order a Paris Chicken with jalapenos.  

Last night, went to Hemmingway's in Jomtien, had the beef stroganoff with chips, 250B plus extra 30B for the chips. Tasted good, beef a little tough but eatable. Not a fan of ordering off an iPad would prefer the old fashioned menu, Also, lighting was poor, and looking at their daily specials, while well priced mainly around 200B, nothing inspirational for me. Always reckon you should leave a place thinking must come back on xxx and try their xxxx.

Place was busy around 19:30 last nigh, service guy was good, did seem a bit overworked, maybe just my timing. Have to say, Jomtien overall seems to have gotten busy over the past few days.

Strogenoff thumbnail_IMG_9759.jpg

4 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I stopped back in at Prime tonight. I was tempted to ask for a Paris Chicken Sandwich, but I was already confusing the poor waitress that had the bad luck to draw my cranky ass. I decided to try the Dubai with jalapenos, which is their standard chicken sandwich. Not bad, but I was not wow'd.

I do like the atmosphere, the curly fries, and service level. I will likely try again before too much longer and see if I can order a Paris Chicken with jalapenos.  

And place seems busy every time I pass in evenings.

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Last night, went to Hemmingway's in Jomtien, had the beef stroganoff with chips, 250B plus extra 30B for the chips. Tasted good, beef a little tough but eatable. Not a fan of ordering off an iPad would prefer the old fashioned menu, Also, lighting was poor, and looking at their daily specials, while well priced mainly around 200B, nothing inspirational for me. Always reckon you should leave a place thinking must come back on xxx and try their xxxx.

Place was busy around 19:30 last nigh, service guy was good, did seem a bit overworked, maybe just my timing. Have to say, Jomtien overall seems to have gotten busy over the past few days.

Strogenoff thumbnail_IMG_9759.jpg

Looks expensive at nearly 300 baht tbh. As long as you got value for money is all that matters though.

Edited by Tigers2017

The Yorkshire pudding that came with the chicken roast dinner at Cheap Charlies that I had the other day was so sweet and dense I thought it was dessert, reminded me of bread pudding we get back home.

@ChiFlyer

5 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I will likely try again before too much longer and see if I can order a Paris Chicken with jalapenos.  

One idea might be to go to Prime Burger's Facebook page and message the Swedish owner about the special order you want.  I have never had much luck in explaining substitution or changes to Thai wait staff.  Either they  don't understand or have strict orders against accepting substitutions.   Farang owners or managers are usually a better route to go regarding special orders and yours doesn't seem a difficult one.

Evil

• Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I'll go against the norm here and say Prime Burger sucks. The burger is not juicy at all. It's the beef that is the issue. People from US would easily recognize that. And it was too well done. 

I find it hard to believe that this place managed to win awards for this kind of shitty burger. If you want the real deal, go to Arno's in Mall 21. That's where you find the authentic shit. 

20191104_150456.jpg

For 300 and less list, I'll also add Easy Health. It's a nice little cafe like place which offers plethora of dishes which are tasty with good portions. It's the place to be at if you workout and need your daily dose of protein. I used to go there every afternoon when I was in Pattaya in November. 

Also, if you download the Eatigo app, you can secure some discounts on your bill in this restaurant. 

20191029_134241.jpg

20191029_135043.jpg

1 hour ago, leon77hd said:

I'll go against the norm here and say Prime Burger sucks. The burger is not juicy at all. It's the beef that is the issue. People from US would easily recognize that. And it was too well done. 

I find it hard to believe that this place managed to win awards for this kind of shitty burger. If you want the real deal, go to Arno's in Mall 21. That's where you find the authentic shit. 

It's a Smash Burger.

1 hour ago, leon77hd said:

For 300 and less list, I'll also add Easy Health. It's a nice little cafe like place which offers plethora of dishes which are tasty with good portions. It's the place to be at if you workout and need your daily dose of protein. I used to go there every afternoon when I was in Pattaya in November. 

Also, if you download the Eatigo app, you can secure some discounts on your bill in this restaurant. 

20191029_134241.jpg

20191029_135043.jpg

Is that chicken in second photo?

I use this place a lot, tasty healthy food, their rice is extremely tasty and moist.

Was there a few days ago, had the cod, it was tasty and came on a bed of veg-stir fried I reckon. A tasty meal but, am sure it was around 300B, should have had more veg. The place lacks atmosphere/ambiance, its a bit like a works canteen. And there often ars some grab drivers hanging around inside, gassing off.

I think they do a 20% discount between 2 & 6pm.

cod thumbnail_IMG_9785.jpg

2 hours ago, leon77hd said:

20191104_150456.jpg

It does look like the burger in your pic is overdone, but that could be a one-off.    Unfortunately almost every restaurant in Pattaya has a bad day now and again.  I would send any burger back that was overcooked.

Evil

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

It does look like the burger in your pic is overdone, but that could be a one-off.   

You don't think the blackened crispy edges are a feature of a smashburger?

51 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

That could well be the case.  I was basing my comment on what leon77hd said about the burger being "too well done" as much as the pic.  And in my own experience, the burnt edge of the Prime Burger wasn't that thick.  But it could just be the smashburger effect.

On 12/09/2019 at 13:46, Evil Penevil said:

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.4c9c419f2a3d596e37d3546fa7417100.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Just like girls in Pattaya, we all have our preference as I personal think the smash burgers at Prime burgers were the best ''Seasoned" freshest meat tasting burger I ever had in Thailand. I tried the burger at Arnois Terminal 21and probably the worst burger I ever had, not an ounce of seasoning very bland tasteless burger, never again.

5 hours ago, jimboh said:

Is that chicken in second photo?

I use this place a lot, tasty healthy food, their rice is extremely tasty and moist.

Was there a few days ago, had the cod, it was tasty and came on a bed of veg-stir fried I reckon. A tasty meal but, am sure it was around 300B, should have had more veg. The place lacks atmosphere/ambiance, its a bit like a works canteen. And there often ars some grab drivers hanging around inside, gassing off.

I think they do a 20% discount between 2 & 6pm.

cod thumbnail_IMG_9785.jpg

Yes 2 chicken breasts with some brocolli and carrot salad. Costs like 190 Bhat I believe.  On Eatigo, you can get upto 50% off depending on what time slot you book. In my time I mostly saw people who work out come to this place for the most part. They also do weekly delivery and stuff I believe, which is super nice. 

This time I'm going to try their smoothies too. There's lot of variety there. 

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

It's not just the edges, the whole thing is overdone to the point where it doesn't even feel like meat at all. There is a test to check a real burger. When you press the burger bun from the top, a real burger is supposed to ooze out juices from the patty. This thing is like fried chicken in it's texture. 

That's how a burger should be. 

20191105_195137.jpg

Today, had the daily special at Robin Hood Avenue, Bacon cheese burger with chili con and home made chips, came with a spicy salsa. Photo is with lid off, the beef patty was small, chili tasty, and  overall, a decent quality meal, filling and excellent value at 199B. 

hhhhhhhhhhhthumbnail_IMG_9793.jpg

9 hours ago, jimboh said:

Today, had the daily special at Robin Hood Avenue, Bacon cheese burger with chili con and home made chips, came with a spicy salsa. Photo is with lid off, the beef patty was small, chili tasty, and  overall, a decent quality meal, filling and excellent value at 199B. 

hhhhhhhhhhhthumbnail_IMG_9793.jpg

There's a beef patty under that chili?

A number of off-topic posts removed. Please stay on topic.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Does Jotmien count for this?  Their is a good all you can eat buffet near Rompho market that is around 300 baht.

• Thanks 1