IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

On 15/02/2020 at 01:41, Evil Penevil said:

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who isn't active on the boards but is convinced I-Rovers Sportsbar and Restaurant on Soi LK Metro deserves more attention than it gets.  I can't comment myself about the food at I-Rovers as it's been years and years since I had a meal there,  but my friend- admittedly not a picky eater- recommends it both for breakfast and dinner.

I can recommend irovers for dinner only as never had breakfast there. On my last trip I had the bangers and mash also pork chops and veggies. Both were under 200 bhat and were quite tasty. The value for money was right up there.

Sorry I didn't take a photo.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 month later...

There is a lot I’m longing for in Pattaya and obviously most of it isn’t food but one place I miss frequently is BonChon Chicken in Central Festival. It’s a fast-casual place with the best fried chicken I ever had. Tried it the first time on a New Years Day hungover like never before and love it ever since. Can highly recommend!

Edited by Thaifred

I'm a big fan of Fraser's on Theppraya Road. Loads of good Western meals under 300 Baht as well as dialy and weekly specials. Love their Lamb Pita Pockets for a hearty bar snack.

12 hours ago, Thaifred said:

There is a lot I’m longing for in Pattaya and obviously most of it isn’t food but one place I miss frequently is BonChon Chicken in Central Festival. It’s a fast-casual place with the best fried chicken I ever had. Tried it the first time on a New Years Day hungover like never before and love it ever since. Can highly recommend!

Don't know where you're from, but BonChon is an international franchise. It has restaurants in Asia, the Middle East and North America. There are two in my city and another in an adjoining city.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kimternet said:

Love their Lamb Pita Pockets for a hearty bar snack.

Have to agree, a lovely tasty snack, not had it for a while but, last time I had it,  did consider it overpriced.

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed some Greek-food yesterday-evening, at a little stall (think it was called 'Eat Greek', or something similar ?) towards the back of the Tree-Town food-court.  Good Greek-salad, always a personal favourite, and a solid portion of Moussaka, for only B200 and served by the farang-owner.  

Will definitely go again, this trip. :)

Finally got to try Sailor Bar, on soi-8, this week.   

Goulash-soup for B70 was OK, then Schnitzel with potato-salad for B130, and a B55 Beer-Lao to wash it down.  Two or three other couples were also eating there, although much of the soi was dark, so clearly had gone out of their way to visit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, semi-retired member said:

Finally got to try Sailor Bar, on soi-8, this week.   

Goulash-soup for B70 was OK, then Schnitzel with potato-salad for B130, and a B55 Beer-Lao to wash it down.  Two or three other couples were also eating there, although much of the soi was dark, so clearly had gone out of their way to visit.

How was the schnitzel?

4 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

How was the schnitzel?

For the price, all three were fine, and portions reasonable.  The schnitzel was well-breaded, not oily.  More mayo on the potato-salad, than I personally enjoy, but that may just be me.  :)

I'll certainly eat there again !

Sorry no pics, but I'm rather old-fashioned, and haven't yet found it necessary to buy one of these new-fangled mobile-phone thingys  ...  I'm not risking buying anything, which turns out to be more-intelligent than myself ! :P

Edited by semi-retired member

Sorry, mis-post !

Edited by semi-retired member

43 minutes ago, semi-retired member said:

I'm rather old-fashioned, and haven't yet found it necessary to buy one of these new-fangled mobile-phone thingys

Slightly off topic, but I've often wondered what the hell these girls did to fill their afternoons / downtime before the advent of cellphones.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/03/2021 at 08:44, semi-retired member said:

For the price, all three were fine, and portions reasonable.  The schnitzel was well-breaded, not oily.  More mayo on the potato-salad, than I personally enjoy, but that may just be me.  :)

I'll certainly eat there again !

You get what you pay for at Sailor Bar. For a good Schnitzel experience i can recommend "Goldene Orchidee" in Soi 33 Naklua. Try the Schnitzel Munich Style! Also in the under 300 Baht and good category btw.

Edited by reisender123
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, reisender123 said:

You get what you pay for at Sailor Bar. For a good Schnitzel experience i can recommend "Goldene Orchidee" in Soi 33 Naklua. Try the Schnitzel Munich Style! Also in the under 300 Baht and good category btw.

My one and only place to go to for schnitzels was Schnitzel Hans... Used to be next to Drinking Street on the North side of Second Road. He later moved to the Darkside but Hans unfortunately passed away a few years ago. Tried a lot of Naklua based German restaurants but no schnitzels ever came close to good old Hans...

• Like 2

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

On 11/03/2021 at 15:29, Loomkey said:

Slightly off topic, but I've often wondered what the hell these girls did to fill their afternoons / downtime before the advent of cellphones.  

Just like the rest of the world, people actually talked to each other.

On 13/03/2021 at 22:19, Abracadabra said:

My one and only place to go to for schnitzels was Schnitzel Hans... Used to be next to Drinking Street on the North side of Second Road. He later moved to the Darkside but Hans unfortunately passed away a few years ago. Tried a lot of Naklua based German restaurants but no schnitzels ever came close to good old Hans...

Give it a shot. From April 1 you'll find "Golden Orchidee" in Naklua Soi 20, not far from the old venue in Soi 33. Next to "The Beach Garden Resort"

• Like 2

On 14/03/2021 at 04:19, Abracadabra said:

My one and only place to go to for schnitzels was Schnitzel Hans

Okay, Schnitzel is not a big thing to prepare.
Try Bramburi on Wednesdays, their Schnitzel day.

45 minutes ago, Sucram said:

Try Bramburi on Wednesdays, their Schnitzel day

Location, info on price etc  -  thanks

Since I'm not in Pattaya, I can't contribute any on-site reports about good farang food under 300 baht.  However, inspired by checking a few websites, I decided to highlight some of the under-300 dishes at Nicky's Bar and Restaurant on Soi Buakhao and the Robin Hood Tavern in The Avenue shopping plaza.

There's plenty of good stuff under 300 baht at Nicky's:

nickymenusmall.png

Daily and weekly specials are even cheaper:

nicky's text.JPG

nickyfc.jpg

nickyfc2.jpg

nickystext2.JPG

hunters.jpg

gammon steak.jpg

sausageroll.jpg

sandwich.jpg

nicky's7.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The Robin Hood Tavern also has regular specials and promotions:

rhtext.JPG

156432482_273595430992280_1727159938830068857_n.jpg

RH3.JPGRH8a.JPG

RH9.JPGRH8.jpg

RH6.JPG

RH4.JPG

RH5.JPGRH10.JPG

RH14.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

18 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

The Robin Hood Tavern also has regular specials and promotions:

rhtext.JPG

156432482_273595430992280_1727159938830068857_n.jpg

RH3.JPGRH8a.JPG

RH9.JPGRH8.jpg

RH6.JPG

RH4.JPG

RH5.JPGRH10.JPG

RH14.jpg

Very tasty food 

Soul Nights good fun at reasonable cost

On 11/03/2021 at 15:29, Loomkey said:

Sleep