IGNORED

sizzlers royal garden plaza

striderman

for those of u who fancy a sizzle the new one opened today beach rd end on the former mcdonalds site.

they were second rd end, then up on the third floor but now ground front......

march 28 006 (Custom).JPG

window to front but entrance inside

march 28 016 (Custom).JPG

march 28 014 (Custom).JPG

march 28 008 (Custom).JPG

march 28 010 (Custom).JPG

I thought it was weird that they have on one the top floor just outside the food centre and another one on the ground floor till I saw the relocation sign! :)

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Is the new premises smaller than the one they had upstairs ?

It looks so from your photos and the McDonalds there previously certainly was much smaller.

The one upstairs never seemed to have the posters for the lunchtime specials one the times I visited it but the Central Festival one always did.

Those are great deals if people are up in time for them.

Also I want to say thank you for posting this and all the photos of Pattaya you do on PA, yours and the girls on motorcycles topic ones trigger fond memories of my past trips and make look forwards towards my next even more. :Clap9:

thanks. gives me something to do while i walk around daytimes.

i never saw the 1 upstairs so i dunno. the downstairs one is bigger than it looks. thai express also on the site is almost ready but is actually quite small.

Sizzler in Thailand is the best I've tried by a long shot. Although the desserts tend to suck.

No wonder the McDonalds is gone, every time I went in there the place was filled with old fart falangs just sitting there talking.  I'm guessing they sat around in the air-conditioned place without ordering any food.  If I was the manager I would have kicked their cheap charlie asses out of the place after 10 minutes.

No wonder the McDonalds is gone, every time I went in there the place was filled with old fart falangs just sitting there talking.  I'm guessing they sat around in the air-conditioned place without ordering any food.  If I was the manager I would have kicked their cheap charlie asses out of the place after 10 minutes.

the ronalds did not go far, only a few mtrs away at the bottom of soi 13/2

As a regular user of the old Sizzler on the 3rd floor (and the first one on the ground floor starting some 30 years ago) I went to the new one yesterday.

Same lunch menu as before and the same prices. Identical salad bar (these seem to be identical all over Thailand, though I've noticed that some Pattaya prices are higher than the price for the same item in other nearby towns).

The floor area is bigger than it looks from outside as it is arranged in an L shape, but even so it seems to seat somewhat fewer than the old place on the 3rd floor. Big enough though and it was nice to eat with a view of the sea.

Certainly the best place in Pattaya to get a decent lunchtime salad for a reasonable price.

I find it interesting that this place has moved yet again.

It makes me wonder if big franchises/chains get jacked around by Thai landlords/property companies the same way small businesses do.

You set up a business that seems successful and the Thai landlord doubles the rent at lease renewal time.

I would think that the move was to get frontage on Beach Road.  That's a valuable location for people walking by (or riding by on a baht bus) -- they may see and the sing and come in and eat, whereas going up to the third floor would be far less likely.  Also, as KittenKonhg notes, the view is much better now for diners.

It makes me wonder if big franchises/chains get jacked around by Thai landlords/property companies the same way small businesses do.

You set up a business that seems successful and the Thai landlord doubles the rent at lease renewal time.

ssssh, it's western business that take advantage of the people in poor third world countries like the innocent and poor landlords in thailand, do you not listen to the media?

If successful I am sure they do, especially with the bars.   but I believe this place is owned by evil farangs....self made by the way

Best salad bar in town

It is the only one that i know of besides some of the buffets?

It is the only one that i know of besides some of the buffets?

Swiss restaurant, soi diamond

Three moves in 30 years doesnt seem excessive to me. I think that they moved to the third floor when the food court was remodelled there, presumably to attract custom upstairs. As both Sizzler and Royal Garden (and whole slew of other well-known hotel and restaurant brands) are owned by the Minor group (Bill Heinecke) I dont suppose rent gouging comes into it.

Though as you say, many individually-run places in town have been forced to close or move due to the landlord increasing rents unreasonably.

Swiss restaurant, soi diamond

From their website it seems to be quite small, quite expensive and only available in the evening. Interesting to know though, thanks.

Three moves in 30 years doesnt seem excessive to me.

Except for the fact that it hasn't been 30 years, but closer to 5 years that it has moved from the 2nd Road side to the food floor area and now to the Beach Road side.

From their website it seems to be quite small, quite expensive and only available in the evening. Interesting to know though, thanks.

you buy a dinner for 250-300 baht, excellent food, and the buffet is then 70 baht.     Great restaurant and been there forever

for example.   This comes with noodles or potatoes but I do the veggies.   good restaurant and very reasonable prices.    and you can go to Windmill right after :)

chicken mushroom copy.jpg

you buy a dinner for 250-300 baht, excellent food, and the buffet is then 70 baht.     Great restaurant and been there forever

for example.   This comes with noodles or potatoes but I do the veggies.   good restaurant and very reasonable prices.    and you can go to windmill right after :)

attachicon.gifchicken mushroom copy.jpg

That photo vaguely reminds me of something I saw at Windmill one night.

That photo vaguely reminds me of something I saw at Windmill one night.

yeah, i dont like fat old ones either.   next time I will order a pizza

yeah, i dont like fat old ones either.   next time I will order a pizza

I like back ribs.

image.jpeg

Went in for lunch yesterday... kinda weird layout, but a little larger than upstairs...

Was going to get just the salad bar and a carafe of ice tea, but decided on their lunch special sirloin "steak" burger + carafe ice tea add on... (Salad bar comes for free)...

Strangely, it came out to less than the salad bar + carafe...

Good deal, ate too much..

Except for the fact that it hasn't been 30 years, but closer to 5 years that it has moved from the 2nd Road side to the food floor area and now to the Beach Road side.

It has been about 30 years since Sizzler opened on the ground floor of the mall on the 2nd Road side. Since then it has moved twice. Doesn't seem excessive to me.

Archived