Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dubai Stop over!

Soi Sauce

Dubai stopover. If like me you have an 8hr 30min stopover in Dubai and Emirates have very kindly offered you free accommodation in the Millennium hotel. Don’t do it!! Firstly it took a1:50 minutes to clear passport control. After a 6 hour flight you really need to be standing around for this long. If you are travelling with an elderly person or child this is completely unacceptable!! There is no 96 hour Visa desk as stated on the Emirates Visa Sponsorship & Passenger Service Coupon I was issued with. There must have been 150 or so people queuing at each desk. There was no security or police force present and the number of gangs pushing to the front of the lines went unchecked. Some gangs even removing the ropes from closed off lanes! By the time the free shuttle bus gets you to the hotel and you have checked in, you will probably only have 3 hours to get some sleep before they wake you up again.

If you do have a long stopover in Dubai I suggest you take a blanket off the aeroplane and snuggle up beneath it in the business class lounge. At least you’ll have time for a wash and some breakfast before the next stage of your journey.

The Millennium hotel is quite nice however!

Visit My Website

Edited by Pattayabound

Last time i tried gettin some sleep in Dubai after being offloaded from the plane i got stuck in a fuckin elevator midway between 2 floors. Never again...

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

I have never gone to sleep at the airport, I fear not waking up and missing the flight, (i suppose doesnt matter on the way back) the only option for me is to keep walking around, as I do normally or take this hotel option. Last time i had a 6 hour wait, i went on addicts for most of it.

I'm facing a 9 hour layover in March... and no free hotel since I booked a special fare... 420 euros for a FRA-BKK roundtrip...

Don't know what to do... sleep...read...jerk off...????

large sig = small penis

I'm not a big fan of the transit lounge at Dubai either so if it was a freebie I would accept but otherwise I'll just hang around and have a beer or 2.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

The airport has just is one of the most boring places in the world to be, especially when flying TO thailand................lol.

I'm facing a 9 hour layover in March... and no free hotel since I booked a special fare... 420 euros for a FRA-BKK roundtrip...

If you have a hotel go to Cyclone disco and pull some Ethiopian pussy 100 quid a night though! (120 euros).

Andy Cap

If you're on Emirates and have a 4 hr wait or longer, they have a restaurant with free buffet.........that kills about an hour anyway. I usually just read a book for the rest of it. Normally I only get a 3 hr wait but sometimes the long wait is unavoidabe, and it is piss boring!

If you have a hotel go to Cyclone disco and pull some Ethiopian pussy 100 quid a night though! (120 euros).

Andy Cap

cyclone open back up? its been closed for a couple months.

let us dubai travelers know if its back in buisness

animalsdancingpanda6eb.gif

"You went full retard...."

Sgt Lincoln Osiris

There used to be a hotel in the International Transit Area if you are desperate to get your head down. You didnt have to go through passport control. The used to do rooms by 4, 6 or 8 hours as well. Used it a few times. Not sure if its still there as it was a few years ago.

Testicles

Just go to the beach for a ST. Bingo, free accommodation for 3 months.

cyclone open back up? its been closed for a couple months.

let us dubai travelers know if its back in buisness

Tends to shut for Ramadan - now that's over not sure - it's been a few years since I was outside the airport in truth - had same girl 3 times, she pounced on me near the entrance - last time was with the missus, called her up and she came for a 3some at our hotel!

Andy Cap

Just go to the beach for a ST. Bingo, free accommodation for 3 months.

Some hangover eh?

Andy Cap

I've heard the Marhabe Lounge is a good alternative to spend some hours. I have never been there.

http://www.marhabaservices.com/Source/Lounge.aspx

I did stay in Dubai for two days at the end of my last trip because of the 9 hours layover. It seemed to be more convinient for me. Never again! After Ramadan there was a long line waiting for taxis, seems like al the muslims are prefering more tolerant places during the holy month. :Hair_Out1: My hotel was a shit hole (Panorama Bur Dubai). The club downstairs offered only B-material. I would have better stayed in Pattaya until my last day and wait 9 hours for the next flight.

There used to be a hotel in the International Transit Area if you are desperate to get your head down. You didnt have to go through passport control. The used to do rooms by 4, 6 or 8 hours as well. Used it a few times. Not sure if its still there as it was a few years ago.

Its still there... but I think a new transit hotel opened at terminal 3 as well... I just hope that this new T3 really brings the much needed change to DXB... it looks pretty nice on the EK homepage...

large sig = small penis