IGNORED

Single entry visa application

londoner2

Hi,i am a UK citizen planning on a trip for 6 months to a year if possible just need some clarification on application for this type of visa, i will be leaving my job as such wont be employed, but i have some  money in the bank and will have income from property rental. Just a couple of questions im struggling to find the answer to

One of the conditions of the multiple entry appears you must be in employment and they will check these details. On the application form for single entry It still mentions employment details, do i still need to be employed for this type?

Is it better to apply at  Hull or london consulate, is there a difference?

thanks

Over 50 years old?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The METV is still quite new so there is little experience/evidence yet of how it works in practice.

Assuming you are under 50, I guess you are aware that there is no visa that allows you to actually do what you want to do, so you are trying to find a way to work around this.

If you get the Multiple then you will need to leave Thailand every 60 days (possibly 90 with extension) though it should be easy to then re-enter.

If you get a Single you can stay for 60 + 30 days by extending it but then have to go somewhere to get another.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

London the only place that will do visas through the post, the others consulates are walk-ins. Research a multi entry Tourist Visa and a requirement is that you do not work during your stay. A newish thing now is that 30 days can be added onto the visa for a fee at Thai immigration.

London the only place that will do visas through the post, the others consulates are walk-ins. Research a multi entry Tourist Visa and a requirement is that you do not work during your stay. A newish thing now is that 30 days can be added onto the visa for a fee at Thai immigration.

so i wouldnt have to report at jomtien after 60 days for additional 30 days ?

so i wouldnt have to report at jomtien after 60 days for additional 30 days ?

It's an option that comes with a small charge

As well as information from this board also give one of the UK Thai consulates a call.Always been helpful for information when requested.

Just get a single entry tourist visa and do a few side trips to Phnom Penh and/or Vientianne to get another single entry .

Don't even bother with all the rules regarding an METV . 

single entry 60 days..extend any immigration office in thaialnd.....thats  90 days sorted

go to  vientiane  or savanaket.or.phon phen...get another  60 day tourist visa...extend that immigration office...90 days sorted

thats the  180 days you need...

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat cheers all

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

The original poster is from the UK.Just make sure your country has the same visa agreements with Thailand.

Much better to fly .............................    :Flying:

Archived