Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Global Entry, Saweet! - US Only

SlowlyMan

10 minutes off the plane, I'm in the terminal. How great is that. Longest I've done the bag drag at Chicago is 3 hours. 10 minutes sounds pretty good to me.

Dedicated lanes, good signage. Check, Check, Check, and out the door. Saweeet.

TSA-Pre, same thing dedicated lane. No waiting. Put your bag on the belt, step through the scanner. Done

Easily worth the $20.00 / year.

Agree. I only travel once a year back to the US, but still signed up for GE. Happy to pay $20/year to avoid the unwashed masses.  :Flying:

Unitl everyone gets on to it then there will eventually be lines but until then enjoy!!!

anyone want to borrow my passport?  I am never going back

Unitl everyone gets on to it then there will eventually be lines but until then enjoy!!!

Fortunately, based on my observations of having it for over five years (just renewed it), I think .01% of travelers have it so it will be a LONG time.

Over the past 10+ times through Customs I see 5/8 'kiosks' and 1/2 persons (AT MOST, usually no one) using them.

The most I waited was 5 minutes when a flight crew from another flight happened to arrive at the same time. The regular folks must be waiting on line for 3 hours!

Fortunately, based on my observations of having it for over five years (just renewed it), I think .01% of travelers have it so it will be a LONG time.

Over the past 10+ times through Customs I see 5/8 'kiosks' and 1/2 persons (AT MOST, usually no one) using them.

I suspect the average vacationer either doesn't know about it, or can't be bothered to set it up. Fine with me, I'll wave to them on the way out the door.

GE also available with NEXUS.  $50 for 5 years.

Nexus is for land crossing only. US / Canada.  Won't do much good coming in by air.

10 minutes off the plane, I'm in the terminal. How great is that. Longest I've done the bag drag at Chicago is 3 hours. 10 minutes sounds pretty good to me.

Dedicated lanes, good signage. Check, Check, Check, and out the door. Saweeet.

TSA-Pre, same thing dedicated lane. No waiting. Put your bag on the belt, step through the scanner. Done

Easily worth the $20.00 / year.

Not US only. Canadians and now IIRC, Dutch people can get it.

Nexus is for land crossing only. US / Canada.  Won't do much good coming in by air.

NEXUS is used for air arrivals to Canada. And car/boat to USA or Canada.

Global Entry for air arrivals to USA.

Nexus is for land crossing only. US / Canada. Won't do much good coming in by air.

I use it all the time arriving in the US by air from third countries. NEXUS is GE for this purpose.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

GE also available with NEXUS.  $50 for 5 years.

Isn't NEXUS included with GE? I received a card for land crossings too.

I agree. I've had my Global Entry card for 3 years now, US Citizen, and most people don't know about it. Countless others can't pass the rather strict background check. DUI's, domestic violence accusations, child support issues, even just one missed payment, Felony convictions and sometimes Felony acquittals, Marijuana possessions from 20 years earlier, etc, etc, often keep them from even applying for them.

I've even talked to people who think the $110 cost, whether they are approved or not, is reason enough to get by without the GE card. They also have to do an in person interview at an often inconvenient location, which I've heard intimidates many people as well.

No wait for Global Entry tonight at JFK. Then a 45-minute wait for bags. Ugh.

That's a real pisser. One of the reasons some people don't bother with the Global Entry, as it doesn't change the speed of the bag delivery.

That's a real pisser. One of the reasons some people don't bother with the Global Entry, as it doesn't change the speed of the bag delivery.

Which is why you should do carry-on only... Sometimes the wait can be up to 3 hours!

Which is why you should do carry-on only... Sometimes the wait can be up to 3 hours!

EXACTLY

Right. Longest bag drag I've done in Chicago was Three hours. The one thing I really want to do after a 14 hour flight is stand in line for 3 hours.

Like WetWilly says it's the initial cost and background checks that discourage many travelers from going this route. Fine by me as it keeps the losers out of the program.

Like WetWilly says it's the initial cost and background checks that discourage many travelers from going this route. Fine by me as it keeps the losers out of the program.

My sentiments exactly. If everyone had one, the lines would be too long for Global Entry

I fly into Seattle. I get seats close to the front of coach and am through immigration as fast as the Global Entries line. Seattle has a bunch of automated kiosiks for regular US citizens, scan your passport, answer a few questions and out comes a printed form. Grab that and head to the agents. Never been more then a few minutes. In fact, bagage takes long enough that I am at the baggage carousel Long before it comes. Even when I have been close to the back of the plane , I always have had to wait. It may have happened once during 100+ arrivals, I just do not recall a time.

It may be an advantage at peak times with multiple flights at the same time though or a slower airport

Don't know if all of you are aware of this, but you can renew your Global Entry once you move into the last of your 5 years.

I'm hoping it will tack on to the end (so I'd have like 5 1/2 more years), but I plan to start working on renewal LONG before mine expires (in 2018, I think).

I freakin LOVE it.

Put it this way: I have NEVER spoken to anyone who HAS Global Entry and who said "I wish I hadn't gotten it."

Don't know if all of you are aware of this, but you can renew your Global Entry once you move into the last of your 5 years.

I'm hoping it will tack on to the end (so I'd have like 5 1/2 more years), but I plan to start working on renewal LONG before mine expires (in 2018, I think).

I freakin LOVE it.

Put it this way: I have NEVER spoken to anyone who HAS Global Entry and who said "I wish I hadn't gotten it."

My GE card expires in 2018 also

Just logged on to confirm my Global Entry expiration date. Application approval date is listed as 6/11/2015, with a Trusted Traveler Program expiration date of 4/11/2021. Wonder how I ended up with six years instead of the expected five years. Not that I'm complaining, just odd that I have an extra year in the program.

Archived