IGNORED

Global Entry, Saweet! - US Only

SlowlyMan

Just logged on to confirm my Global Entry expiration date. Application approval date is listed as 6/11/2015, with a Trusted Traveler Program expiration date of 4/11/2021. Wonder how I ended up with six years instead of the expected five years. Not that I'm complaining, just odd that I have an extra year in the program.

Interesting, mine match precisely. Your dates are a long ways away.

My GE card expires in 2018 also I was inside my GOES profile last month and noticed the Korean Smart Entry card application. I submitted my application for it, and I hope to receive it before going to Korea for the first time.

For the GE card 5 year renewal, I wonder if they require another interview and payment of the same amount?

I gotta check out that Korea thing!  I go there every once in a while on business, and anything I can get helps!

Here's a pretty good blog post about GE renewal:  http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/global-entry-renewal-process/

Apparently, whether you are required to be interviewed again is at their discretion (but all the more reason to renew early!)

Just logged on to confirm my Global Entry expiration date. Application approval date is listed as 6/11/2015, with a Trusted Traveler Program expiration date of 4/11/2021. Wonder how I ended up with six years instead of the expected five years. Not that I'm complaining, just odd that I have an extra year in the program.

I bet your birthday is 4/11. Global entry is good for 5 years from your next birthday.

I bet your birthday is 4/11. Global entry is good for 5 years from your next birthday.

You are dead on target for me too. Since I received my GE approval two weeks before my birthday I didn't notice the renewal date in 2018. I just looked at my GOES profile, and sure enough, it is exactly 5 years from my birthday

US citizens,use this app that allows you to clear quickly from these cities: SEA,SFO,SJC,DFW ,MIA,FLL,ATL,ORD. The app is officially authorized bu US Customs and Border Protection. It's a great app and it's free.

It's Called Mobile Passport. http://mobilepassport.us/  

Expedite your entry process into the U.S.!

The Mobile Passport App by Airside Mobile lets you skip the line at US airports for Custom and Border Protection (CBP). Just fill out your profile and answer CBP’s questions – then go straight to the “Mobile Passport Control” express lane at the airport!

You're crazy not to use it and it's free. I've used it 2x in ATL and once in MIA.   

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

That would explain it. Looks like I unknowingly timed it perfectly with an app approval two days after my b'day.

Two years ago, I renewed my Global Entry which i had for 5 years.  There was no renewal fee requested, only the initial application fee I paid 7 years ago for my SENTRI Pass which is for land crossings into Mexico.  When approved for the Sentri ($100 application fee and an interview), they invited me to apply for the Global Entry with no additional fees nor another interview.   

About 6 months before my Global Entry expired, i was notified to schedule an "appointment" at one of their locations to renew.  It was not a full interview like my Sentri Pass application; but watching a video, a review of the rules and signing a contract that i understood the rules with double penalties for violations, etc... and no fees were requested. 

This is an excellent program in pre-screening travelers so the authorities and security staff can spend more time checking 'riskier' travelers.

Please note: at my renewal they highly recommended i DO NOT carry my Global Entry card with me while traveling, but only writing the number on my passport.  The card is not required for use; only your passport.  If you lose the card, you MUST reapply which includes the initial application fee and another interview.

Don't know if all of you are aware of this, but you can renew your Global Entry once you move into the last of your 5 years.

I'm hoping it will tack on to the end (so I'd have like 5 1/2 more years), but I plan to start working on renewal LONG before mine expires (in 2018, I think).

I freakin LOVE it.

Put it this way: I have NEVER spoken to anyone who HAS Global Entry and who said "I wish I hadn't gotten it."

Exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Used it the first time today. Got off an A380 which had at least 500 people on it. Took me 5 minutes maybe to exit the airport, but then again

I'm not a bad guy so this is one program that makes sense. They should have the same thing to get you through security getting on a plane.

Even if you travel out of the country once per year it is worth it.

Used it the first time today. Got off an A380 which had at least 500 people on it. Took me 5 minutes maybe to exit the airport, but then again

I'm not a bad guy so this is one program that makes sense. They should have the same thing to get you through security getting on a plane.

Great news

Yup, well worth $20 / year.

Archived