IGNORED

'Tin cup' shutters down.

Hi guys, walked by tin cup on buakhao this evening and was surprised to see the shutters down, does anybody know why ? is it just a temporary thing, with it being low season.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going for a feed and was surprised to see them shut...the guy with the toe thing was there as security.

I assume they were shut down by military for serving khao man gai after 2am.

We don't really know what's in those tin cups

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Health violations perhaps?

Is there a pic of a massive rat with a red line stroked through it on the shutters?

Health violations perhaps?

In Asia?

Don't think so....

Every street food cart would be shut down.​

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Day off perhaps? family event? not an unusual event the little shops close down for a da or two.

Didn't see this thread so started a new one but looks like it's been closed for days now then, I went to have lunch there today and it's pretty much gone, there's no kitchen out front and the place is locked up tight... maybe the mama was tired of cooking and made her fortune so now back to isaan.. seems like it was a whole family thing there so not sure what the guy or daughters will do.. I think a lot of us will miss the cheap pretty decent Thai food..

Say it's not true. I loved eating at that place food was always superb, was going to go there today for a big feed before going on a St Patricks drinking binge. F*** it.

aah well, looks like I've seen the last of my 'tin cup cutie'

That really is a surprise! 

I had lunch there on Sunday and in recent weeks the trade has been good for this time of year, so there must be a lease issue or something?

Is grandma still hanging around two doors away, the opposite side of the gold shop?

I will keep my eyes open and my ears to the ground for any developments.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Say it's not true. I loved eating at that place food was always superb, was going to go there today for a big feed before going on a St Patricks drinking binge. F*** it.

Forgive me, reading this I'm reminded of Sweeny Todd.......... 

aah well, looks like I've seen the last of my 'tin cup cutie'

No. 23 in Saphire

I will keep my eyes open and my ears to the ground for any developments.

shutters were up today and some work going on.

hard to tell (without setting up an OP in sports world) if they were clearing the place or what.

but i did spot several boxes of tiles so maybe another re-fit

We don't really know what's in those tin cups

I'v seen some quite questionable girls/guys digging their tin cup into that ice bucket. It is the finger jam that gets stuck on other ice cubes that I am concerned with, yuck.

I'v seen some quite questionable girls/guys digging their tin cup into that ice bucket. It is the finger jam that gets stuck on other ice cubes that I am concerned with, yuck.

Shame it's gone if indeed it has

today about 14.00 hrs

march 17 006 (Custom).JPG

just behind the somchai with the check shirt is the pile of boxed tiles

The food was always superb?

You having a laugh?

Hi guys, after exhaustive investigate inquiries.. nah, not really, I just asked the people in the gold shop next door !!

Apparently the family are on holiday and it's due to reopen on the 25th of this month..all the fixtures & fittings are still there, the only addition I spotted were a stack of boxes containing new floor tiles, so expect prices to skyrocket when it reopens !!uploadfromtaptalk1458208831877.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458208844290.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458208857280.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458208871402.jpg

it wont go,,makes to much money...lick of paint and up the prices...the thai way,,ready for songkran

How dare they take a holiday, they only work 18 hours a day !

I agree

They've got a nerve doing that. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

I seem to remember that it was retiled and repainted about 5 years ago. Same thing: all the equipment dismantled, family on holiday for a week or two, then back to normal. There was no significant price change at that time.

It hasn't.

It took me all of 20 seconds to ask the ladies at the massage shop three doors over what was going on.  Closed for ten days for remodeling and painting while the family is on holiday.

Like anywhere else in the world, if you wanna know what's going on just ask the neighbors. :laugh:

Nice shots Mr Magoo.  I won't waste my time posting mine.

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Archived