IGNORED

2016 T20 Cricket World Cup - India

mousemat

Here we go with another T20 World Cup and with the qualifying groups now decided it’s time for the fun and games to begin in India.

Group 1

Afghanistan
England
South Africa
Sri Lanka             
West Indies

Group 2

Australia
Bangladesh
India
New Zealand
Pakistan

England secured an impressive warm up victory against the Kiwis and if Hales and Butler can find form then anything is possible, although this is probably a tournament early for this new look side.

I was disappointed for Ireland as I believe that they should have qualified and moving forward the ICC should be assisting them to play more tier 1 nations to improve their game.

The only negative from a playing perspective was the early retirement of Brendon McCullum as this competition was designed for him.

Despite a lack of T20I's over the past year I have a sneaky feeling that Australia will be the dark horses and claim the trophy.

I think India will be tough to beat at home and Australia are always a chance. My money is on Bangladesh as the dark horse, but NZ & England should also do well. Group 2 is loaded though, and will be tough to come out of to get to the semis!

Here we go with another T20 World Cup and with the qualifying groups now decided it’s time for the fun and games to begin in India.

Group 1

Afghanistan

England

South Africa

Sri Lanka             

West Indies

Group 2

Australia

Bangladesh

India

New Zealand

Pakistan

England secured an impressive warm up victory against the Kiwis and if Hales and Butler can find form then anything is possible, although this is probably a tournament early for this new look side.

I was disappointed for Ireland as I believe that they should have qualified and moving forward the ICC should be assisting them to play more tier 1 nations to improve their game.

The only negative from a playing perspective was the early retirement of Brendon McCullum as this competition was designed for him.

Despite a lack of T20I's over the past year I have a sneaky feeling that Australia will be the dark horses and claim the trophy.

Agreed about Ireland.  Would be nice to see them have a clear path to allow them to advance to Test nation status.  Netherlands too.

Go Australia!

England have the batting if they fire on all cylinders but our bowling isn't good enough unless the spinners take total control, I can't see anyone but India or maybe West Indies with gayle firing winning it but I'm hopeful we can do well

My guess would be an India v Sri Lanka final with India taking it out.

Pathetic pitch in the Ind-Nz game, just not suited to T-20. Batsmen struggling to time & score runs.

................................................................................................................

Pathetic pitch in the Ind-Nz game, just not suited to T-20. Batsmen struggling to time & score runs.

Sounds like India were beaten at their own " game "  in this one . 

Sorry but i can't take this baseball lark seriously .   Don't think it should be labelled Cricket .

Mikeyboy

Totally shocked at what I have just watched England actually chased down a big total shame our bowling was shocking but the batters stood up and kept us in the tournament.

Sounds like India were beaten at their own " game "  in this one . 

Sorry but i can't take this baseball lark seriously .   Don't think it should be labelled Cricket .

Mikeyboy

Well, you do have a point, but then there are batters like Gayle who can hit straight sixes at will. Most of his shots are in the 'v' as they call it, albeit with super human power.

Freaks like AB Devillers or Maxwell are a different breed.

................................................................................................................

Couple of very good games over night! It's going to be tough for Australia and India to make it out of group 2 now, but big game in more ways than one tonight with India playing Pakistan.

Really impressed with Englands massive run chase against South Africa - if only we can improve our bowling then a semi final place is achieveable.

Roy was outstanding by helping us score at a rate that put us in a good position to allow Root take control of the innings.

NZ playing some really good cricket this edition, seems to be carrying on from the last 50-over WC. 

England seems to have recovered from the catastrophic start vs Afghanistan, they should win this game now.

NZ playing some really good cricket this edition, seems to be carrying on from the last 50-over WC. 

England seems to have recovered from the catastrophic start vs Afghanistan, they should win this game now.

Good job we have 2 opening batsmen batting at 7 and 9 who can get us to a good total, they are bowling well at the moment let's hope they keep it up, saying that another wicket gone

The tired/poor pitches are producing some close games, 1 run win for India keeps them alive in the tournament. Big games coming up for Aussies against Pak & India.

The tired/poor pitches are producing some close games, 1 run win for India keeps them alive in the tournament. Big games coming up for Aussies against Pak & India.

For a 20 over Slog Fest , better pitches and bigger scores are what's required  . Keeping the fans happy when the best bowler in the world is hit 130 yards into the car park .

Tired / average pitches make for better 3 , 4 or 5 day games when sides still have time to adapt to the challenge .

Mikeyboy

I remember my dad being disdainful of the one day game,if he was to see this T20, god knows what he`d think! :laugh:

I remember my dad being disdainful of the one day game,if he was to see this T20, god knows what he`d think! :laugh:

Should be rebranded   World series t 20 Baseball  ,  at least it has multi national teams competing .

Mikeyboy

With no one talking about them much looks like West Indies might make the final again and possibly win the T20. Not exactly a one man show but the supporting is cast is doing a decent job.  At least the semis is better than some had predicted. Go Windies. 

New Zealand doing incredibly well in the Mens and Womens.

Knock-out between India & Australia today, should be a grudge match as these two teams have bee going at each other for a while.

First upset of the tourney as Afghans beat table toppers WI.

Spoke to soon about the Windies but say what... the defeat will keep them focus.  Windies in the final still. 

Archived