IGNORED

Should I book fast track VIP at the airport in March?

Sammy69

Hi all,

Last August, on my first trip to Thailand, I booked this fast track service and they did meet me at the gate and I was out of the airport in minutes. Now, I am coming on the 24th of March..should I do it again or is it low season in March and I won't need it?

Thanks

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Up to you.  :Dunno:

A suggestion would be to look at the time and date that your flight is arriving, and see how many other flights are arriving at the same time and from where.

For example, if you're landing around the same time as a gaggle of jumbo jets from China, you may want to do the fast track.

If you travel with only carry - on and in a hurry, fast track can be the way to go.

If checked in luggage you'll still have to wait a the carrousel

But do you really need advise on this simple question?

I just arrived at swampy a few hours ago, and were through immigration in minutes. Had to wait about 15 minutes for my bag, so i would say you dont need fasttrack.

If you travel with only carry - on and in a hurry, fast track can be the way to go.

If you have checked luggage fast track is a waste of money. It is very rare for the first bag to hit the carousel before I get there.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes I do because I have friends coming over from different countries and we are meeting at the airport. I needed to know so I could make reservations for them as well. Thanks all. Yes we probably will have at least a piece of luggage and will have to wait any way so no point in wasting money.

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

I fly business and use the Fast Track immigration lanes. Never had to wait more than a few minutes.

What does this Fast Track service cost?

Just curious, do many Chinese now go to the regular Immigration counters?

In theory, unless they do their visas before landing in Thailand, they should go to the Visa on Arrival queue

In theory, unless they do their visas before landing in Thailand, they should go to the Visa on Arrival queue

I think they go to a group tour section but I am not 100% sure on that, the thing is the just get in the way, running round like headless chickens with the flag master trying to keep them together but in doing so blocks everyone's else pathway thru the airport and it seemed that the flag master I saw had no idea of where to take them, it was a shambles

Many (most?) of them have visas when they arrive so they go to the normal counters.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Many (most?) of them have visas when they arrive so they go to the normal counters.

Their leader had them totally lost then last week as they were going up to the VOA part 

I always use VIP and I don't get upset if I didn't need the service and still pay for it. I would rather have it than not have it.

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

Their leader had them totally lost then last week as they were going up to the VOA part 

So you have never noticed all the Chinese waiting to be seen at the normal immigration counters?

So you have never noticed all the Chinese waiting to be seen at the normal immigration counters?

Nope as I normally fast track and the only reason I saw them this time is because they were lost and blocking the whole walkway.

I am not normally on the look out for them tbh so they might have been there before but obviously not causing an obstruction.

Were they really Chinese though?

The last couple of times I've gone through normal Immigration, I've only seen Singaporeans, Japanese and Koreans. Koreans are especially tricky, they look a lot like the Chinese and are just about as loud

Were they really Chinese though?

The last couple of times I've gone through normal Immigration, I've only seen Singaporeans, Japanese and Koreans. Koreans are especially tricky, they look a lot like the Chinese and are just about as loud

Yes as they were clearly holding Chinese passports. I am not stupid enough to make assumptions like that. Obviously I don't see all their passports but you can see them interacting and get a good idea.

Yes as they were clearly holding Chinese passports. I am not stupid enough to make assumptions like that. Obviously I don't see all their passports but you can see them interacting and get a good idea.

Alright, thanks. Too bad, I was hoping the normal Immigration queue would remain free of them

Well thanks for all the input to my "simple question" ................ Looks like VIP is the way to go. It will only cost 1200 Thai for 1 person which is nothing compared to the time and effort that can be saved.

American Muscle

bey0yb.jpg

Hi all,

Last August, on my first trip to Thailand, I booked this fast track service and they did meet me at the gate and I was out of the airport in minutes. Now, I am coming on the 24th of March..should I do it again or is it low season in March and I won't need it?

Thanks

Yes, unless you're skint.

NB: If you fly economy a lot of the immigration savings will be lost waiting for your bag to come out last.

Fly J or F, and you pay nothing for Fast Track and your bag is in the first 20 or so

• 2 weeks later...

Most international flights arrive on the west side as all of the gates (E, F, G) are international.

On the east side, only concourse C is international. Concourses A and B are domestic.

There are 2 Immigration areas. East and West.

Arriving passengers from concourse C and the low D gate numbers are funnelled to the East side Immigration.

Arriving passengers from the high D gate numbers and concourses E, F and G are funnelled to the West side Immigration.

As a result, the West Immigration is usually very busy.

I have always arrived on the west side, and whenever the first Immigration cue is busy, I just carry on past gate D5 to the next area. So far I've been lucky and have never had to wait more than 15 minutes.

image.gif

image.jpeg

US citizen, a newbie. How, exactly, do I sign up for this service prior to my arrival?

my Etihad fast track card arrivals collection is currently at 7 not inc a couple i have given away.

ie the last 9 arrivals (between 1800 and 20 00 ish) it has not been worth it to use them the regular lines have been so short

Guys what companies are you booking the fast track through? I am looking but cannot for the life of me find one!!.

Cheers

Guys what companies are you booking the fast track through? I am looking but cannot for the life of me find one!!.

Cheers

They're called Bangkok Flight Services. Google it.

Archived