Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Maria Sharapova

mikeyboy

Sponsors are dropping her because she is washed up.  If she was younger and had good years left on tour they would have stuck with her.  Sponsors have to consider the effect a spokesman has on their brand and bottom line.  Its really a no brainer.

Calling it a medicine is also a bit of a stretch.  In her case,  its a PED.  She doesn't have any of the conditions that its normally used to treat.  She was dumb and got caught.

And Justin Gatlin is a GOOD brand ambassador...

The makers of the medicine say a normal course runs 4-6weeks. NOT 10 years. Ooooppppppsss

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/tennis/maria-sharapova-meldonium-makers-claim-normal-course-lasts-46-weeks-not-10-years-34521997.html

I'll let her know , next time i see her on Jomtien beach tits out . 

Mikeyboy

mikeyboy to be honest i am sick of it all........how many chances does she want? If the incidents with the 3 Armenian dwarfs wasnt enough!

Very slick and well rehearsed press conference.

The top athletes should be assigned doctors by the testing board and can only take medication prescribed by these doctors.

That way when they test positive they don't have the excuse of blaming their doctor/team.

When I saw this yesterday, I thought she was going to lose some big money sponsors. I didn't think it would be so quick... 5 or 6 sponsors including Nike has dumped her today.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Daryle

Maria Sharapova failed a drugs test at this years Australian tennis grand slam it has been reported .

Nike have suspended their contract with her , and she could be banned from tennis for 1 - 4 years.

Can't stand the screeching and grunting everytime she hits a tennis ball , but nice eye candy . 

Mikeyboy

attachicon.gifMaria-Sharapova.jpg

Nice photo. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

Taking it as a medicine for 10 years, as if she didn't know it was performance enhancing, honey it ain;t asprin

Complacency on the part of her and her handlers.  After 10 years of use no one was thinking of checking the new list. Mistakes happen but you still have to pay the price, a few millions in her case. 

A friend of mine who ran for the USA took a year off and when she returned the list of banned drugs had changed significantly. So that what was allowed before got disallowed. Also some drugs are listed differently in Europe as opposed to the USA or other parts of the world. Sometimes you need to have a biochem degree to understand what is what. When she traveled the team doctor/manager had a hell of a time explaining to customs that they are not traffickers. 

steroids... what steroids...

sareena4.jpg

sareena6.jpg

sareena2.jpg

LiveLeak-dot-com-36b_1409772934-Serena4_1409773171.jpg.resized.jpg

steroids... what steroids...

Been tested and cleared.Multiple times.

so was lance armstrong

so was lance armstrong

Yeah well,then we will have to wait and see won't we.

I guess the only thing to settle is the lenght of ban .    Papers are already saying lost  " earnings " and sponsorship will run in 10's of millions of dollars .

Not bad for somebody who is only ranked number 7 in the world .

Mikeyboy

I guess the only thing to settle is the lenght of ban .    Papers are already saying lost  " earnings " and sponsorship will run in 10's of millions of dollars .

Not bad for somebody who is only ranked number 7 in the world .

Mikeyboy

Yep and if she wasn't hot she would be another what's her name?

The ugly one.

Means little.  They are in a rhythm that they know the test times.  There is also a popular story about Serena hiding from a random test.  You really believe she is not on roids?  Nate Diaz recently said everyone including McGregor are on some type of roid in the UFC and he is probably right.  You can also add football, baseball, basketball and probably a few hockey players to the list.  It is a big problem not being effectively addressed.

Too much money at stake and they are all afraid of the race card.

Means little.  They are in a rhythm that they know the test times.  There is also a popular story about Serena hiding from a random test.  You really believe she is not on roids?  Nate Diaz recently said everyone including McGregor are on some type of roid in the UFC and he is probably right.  You can also add football, baseball, basketball and probably a few hockey players to the list.  It is a big problem not being effectively addressed.

What race card, several African-American athletes (including women) have been tested & banned.

................................................................................................................

Oh everything is the race card to you whiteys.

She has been tested and cleared and we will have to wait and see if you are correct.Im guessing you're not.

....afraid of the race card.

Unlike you?

In a thread about a white girl being caught doping ...your focus is on a black girl who has not been caught doping.

And the main crux of your argument seems to be she has muscles so she must be doping?

Another argument in her defense was that the drug helped prevent diabetes. I'm calling bullshit, if this was an effective prevention for diabetes ti would be as common as aspirin and widely used. Are we to somehow believe she was motivated (or her doctor) to take this drug for other than performance enhancement? Bye Maria.

Because Nadal and everyone has had their test, even announced ones? and nothing has been detected

I read Rafael Nadal is sick of all the slurs against him re. drugs , and has said any more unfounded accusations and he will sue .

I don't believe the public is told half of what goes on behind the scenes in pro. sport .

Mikeyboy

I think its incredible Sharapova and all these other athletes, especially Russian (25% was the figure quoted last week) are all competing at the highest sporting level when they all have cancer and serious heart defects that they need to take cancer and hear medication for. That's dedication for you. They could drop over dead at any minute but still they been pushing themselves for years, Sharapova for over 10 years (even past her medical recommended instructions of only taking for a few weeks during episodes). They should be applauded for their bravery. Although considering how sick they all are, shouldnt they be competing in the Paralympics not the able bodied Olympics? 

• 2 months later...

Sharapova banned for 2 years 

Says she will appeal a " unfairly harsh " sentence .

Now that Maria has a load of spare time , i wonder if she'll come to Pattaya for a bit of freelance work  ?

Mikeyboy

Archived