IGNORED

The Sportsman on Soi 13

Evil Penevil

EDIT IN- The price of the Wednesday special  described below is now 195 baht.

I tried the Wednesday special at the Sportsman- hamburger, fries and a SML for 150 baht-  and I was quite happy with my meal.  The burger was good; the fries had improved dramatically since my previous visit; and the price is very much value for money.   Here's what I got:

post-9139-0-11707800-1459458891.jpg

I chose to add a slice of cheese for 20 baht.  It was also topped with two small slices of tomato and a ring of raw onion.  The bun was fresh and nicely toasted and the red oak lettuce leaf added a nutty and spicy touch to the beef patty.

post-9139-0-93978300-1459459185.jpg

The beef patty itself was well-seasoned, which was a good thing, as the patty didn't have a strong beef flavor.  

post-9139-0-05513500-1459460267.jpg

The thick-cut french fries arrived hot and had been fried to outer crispness, although for my tastes, they should have stayed in the fryer a few more seconds.  I realize this may in part be cultural rather than culinary; I know a lot of U.K. diners seem to prefer lightly fried fries.  In any case, the fries were much, much better than last time.

post-9139-0-79757900-1459459189.jpg

Can you find bigger and better burgers in Pattaya?  Most definitely, but you'll be paying more than 150 baht for them.  Considering the special at the Sportsman includes a SML, it's well worth the price.

Evil

devil.gif

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the Wednesday special at the Sportsman- hamburger, fries and a SML for 150 baht-  and I was quite happy with my meal.  The burger was good; the fries had improved dramatically since my previous visit; and the price is very much value for money.   Here's what I got:

post-9139-0-11707800-1459458891.jpg

I chose to add a slice of cheese for 20 baht.  It was also topped with two small slices of tomato and a ring of raw onion.  The bun was fresh and nicely toasted and the red oak lettuce leaf added a nutty and spicy touch to the beef patty.[/size]

post-9139-0-93978300-1459459185.jpg

The beef patty itself was well-seasoned, which was a good thing, as the patty didn't have a strong beef flavor.  

post-9139-0-05513500-1459460267.jpg

The thick-cut french fries arrived hot and had been fried to outer crispness, although for my tastes, they should have stayed in the fryer a few more seconds.  I realize this may in part be cultural rather than culinary; I know a lot of U.K. diners seem to prefer lightly fried fries.  In any case, the fries were much, much better than last time.

post-9139-0-79757900-1459459189.jpg

Can you find bigger and better burgers in Pattaya?  Most definitely, but you'll be paying more than 150 baht for them.  Considering the special at the Sportsman includes a SML, it's well worth the price.

Evil

devil.gif

150 baht for a burger and a beer?Is that right?

yes all day wed.

burger chips and a bottle of san miguel light, pretty good value

yes all day wed.

burger chips and a bottle of san miguel light, pretty good value

That's fucked up how cheap that is.

You don't have to cook it yourself do you?lol.

Yup, what you see on the plate plus a bottle of SML for 170.  Minus the cheese it would be 150 baht. The price of the special is 150 baht (hamburger, fries and a bottle of SML).  I don't know if you can substitute another brand of beer.  The special specified SML and that's what I normally drink.

Evil

Yup, what you see on the plate plus a bottle of SML for 170. Minus the cheese it would be 150 baht. The price of the special is 150 baht (hamburger, fries and a bottle of SML). I don't know if you can substitute another brand of beer. The special specified SML and that's what I normally drink.

Evil

Great deal.

And yes,I would Defiantely spring for cheese.

BTW,how did you get a felt pen to leave such a beautiful signature of Evil on the plate?

Talk about unlucky timing.  I just read on another board that Wednesday (March 30) was the final day for the hamburger, fries and SML special at 150 baht.   I don't bother with the Facebook food groups any more, so I would have missed that announcement from the Sportsman's general manager.

Evil

That's great value for 150 baht, all looks good enough to eat! Pity they've stopped it now.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

its 195b from today for the san mig and burger deal on wednesday - burger is 200g, not sure if it was the same before - they make the burgers themselves.

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

I'm getting my info about the price change second-hand, so thanks to everyone for helping clear things up..

Evil

Thanks EP , 150 is CHEEP CHEEP and 195 is only okay. Would have 'accidentally' strolled thru if is was till 150! :)

Just anther option in this town of many good food.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Archived