IGNORED

METV - Don't bother!

sagitarius123

Interesting thread. I was under the impression a SETV was only issued in your resident country. Anyone ever applied for and got one outside their resident country?

The new METV can only be obtained from a country where you are a citizen or legal resident.

The SETV can be obtained from any Thai Consulate/Embassy.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yeah few mates went to Savannakhet in years gone by and got a 3 month visa. Don't know if they still do them.

What Davidge said about TVs.

I read on Thaivisa that Savannaket is still the best (only?) place nearby where you can get a 90 day Visa, by which I'm assuming that you mean an O Visa (not TV).

The main snag is that you need to take your's TW's ID and your Marriage Certificate with you I hear.    :Think1:

• 2 weeks later...

I got my SETV in Phnom Pehn in March after coming off from the old multi-entry type visa. Rather straight forward, I went to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle where for $60 they will get you a SETV in 2 days and bypass various checks such bank balance, proof of onward travel etc.

It's a nice little 3 day holiday as flights from Bangkok are $100 and Phnom Pehn is quite fun in small doses. Doing the same again in June.

I got my SETV in Phnom Pehn in March after coming off from the old multi-entry type visa. Rather straight forward, I went to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle where for $60 they will get you a SETV in 2 days and bypass various checks such bank balance, proof of onward travel etc.

It's a nice little 3 day holiday as flights from Bangkok are $100 and Phnom Pehn is quite fun in small doses. Doing the same again in June.

Good to know, thanks.

Let us know how it goes for you in June.

Anybody apply for their METV at the Los Angeles Thai Embassy yet????  Was curious to how much of the extra info they want now  Bank statement, Airline tickets, hotel reservation and a letter from employer to verify employment.  Did you bring in paper copies? 

I'm retired now so I don't have a job, but I guess I could bring in a SS or pension check paystubb.  

I have always been asked when checking in to the airline to produce a return or onward ticket and/or visa orherwise they would not fly me.

Is this from Brisbane? I have left multiple times from Perth on the return leg of a booking (ie a return originating in Bangkok) and have never been asked for anything.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Is this from Brisbane? I have left multiple times from Perth on the return leg of a booking (ie a return originating in Bangkok) and have never been asked for anything.

Yeah I always fly out of Brisbane. Generally Singapore and Thai. Happens on the Gold Coast as well with Air Asia and Scoot. Not really an issue now though since the METV came in.

Yeah I always fly out of Brisbane. Generally Singapore and Thai. Happens on the Gold Coast as well with Air Asia and Scoot. Not really an issue now though since the METV came in.

I guess airport staff have different policies. I have departed Perth using Thai and Air Asia (exclusively Thai in recent years) and never asked to produce a visa, even though I have had one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Anybody apply for their METV at the Los Angeles Thai Embassy yet????  Was curious to how much of the extra info they want now  Bank statement, Airline tickets, hotel reservation and a letter from employer to verify employment.  Did you bring in paper copies? 

I'm retired now so I don't have a job, but I guess I could bring in a SS or pension check paystubb.  

Check their website, I was on it last week and I'm pretty sure that they had a page clearly stating the requirements for a METV

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2nd SETV from Phnom Penh a couple days ago.

Arrived at Lucky Lucky Motorcycle at 9.30am. The lady said as it is my 2nd SETV in a row and because I do not have proof of onward travel from Thailand I may not get the SETV. I paid $65 and returned the next day at 5.30pm and received my SETV successfully (nice 1 day turnover).

Next time I will look to book cancel-able flight showing onward travel from Thailand, or probably move onto Education visa within the next 3 months.

Arrived at Lucky Lucky Motorcycle at 9.30am. The lady said as it is my 2nd SETV in a row and because I do not have proof of onward travel from Thailand I may not get the SETV. I paid $65 and returned the next day at 5.30pm and received my SETV successfully (nice 1 day turnover).

Next time I will look to book cancel-able flight showing onward travel from Thailand, or probably move onto Education visa within the next 3 months.

So you will be studying what.....??

.............................. probably move onto Education visa within the next 3 months.

Frying pan -- fire springs to mind re' Ed' Visa but still.

You should be able to get a 3rd SETV in PP but yes they need to see an outward flight from Thailand and a hotel booking.

Suggest you look at this post.............http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/96881-phnom-penh-a-few-random-photos-over-the-past-2-days/?p=3651584

So you will be studying what.....??

Thai language. It's about 15k every 3 months - classes optional.

Frying pan -- fire springs to mind re' Ed' Visa but still.

You should be able to get a 3rd SETV in PP but yes they need to see an outward flight from Thailand and a hotel booking.

Suggest you look at this post.............http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/96881-phnom-penh-a-few-random-photos-over-the-past-2-days/?p=3651584

I'm on my 3rd TR in a row (double entry from UK into 2 x SETV from PP)

I know a few people on education and although there is always the chance the rules change, they seem to have been stable as of late. 3/6/9/12 months on education then returning to SETV next year might look better in my passport.

I'm on my 3rd TR in a row (double entry from UK into 2 x SETV from PP)

If you read the link I gave you, WP and jerry are saying 3 x SETV from PP......another country (UK) doesn't count.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my METV at the LA Thai Embassy last week.. First thing to mention is that they got same day service for the visa now. Apply in the morning and pick up your visa after 3PM

As for the other new info they wanted now, Bank statement, Airline tickets, employment verification & hotel reservations.  The only thing they asked for was the bank statement showing $US7000 and a copy of my airline tickets ( i had copies of RT LAX-BKK and a RT ticket in and out of BKK)  They didn't ask for the employer verification or hotel info

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately us from the states even though we send money to Vietnam in aid are still stuck paying for a visa and some other fee.. it's expensive so myalasia or Singapore are the only free be visa countries for us.. Cambodia and Lao both 35 bucks.. as far as Vietnam goes I'm getting real tired of our idiot government sending out 10s of millions of dollars to places like that and they can't even waive the tourist visa... we send a shit pot of money to Thailand also and there nice enough to give 30 days..

perhaps you should of won the vietnam war instead.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

The METV was a typical Thai piece of 'knee jerk' remedying 

It does resolve (supposedly) the dilemma for 'offshore workers' who rotate in/out of Thailand and it is these folks that its aimed at. Hence all the ballyhoo about employers OK, note from your Mum, etc etc.

But

It has left high and dry the bona fide multiple entry tourists who now have the get one by one T.V.s or look for convoluted answers to an inane situation of myopic legislators' making.

Archived