IGNORED

Professional Football in Pattaya

Altrini

Hi All 

Anyone follows professional football in Pattaya?  I attended a few of Pattaya United's games at the end of last season and plan to attend some more.  However I noticed there are two more Pattaya teams playing in AIS League 2 - Inter Pattaya and Pattaya City.  

How do I get in contact with the clubs, mainly their media rep or public relations person, in English? Pattaya City appears to be another team playing under the name but not too sure. I went to their Facebook pages and emailed but no response. I would like to do a magazine piece on them as a freelance writer. 

It would be great if there are more articles in English about the clubs as they, the players and Pattaya can get more positie exposure.  

Thanks in advance. 

Altrini 

Hi All 

I went to Pattaya United game against Bangkok united game yesterday with around 2400 of my closest friends. Pattaya lost 2-1. Was not too bad a game with plenty end to end action but some awful incomplete passing. One thing one of the Bangkok guys said was he was surprised by the amount off foreign spectators at the game. So there appears to be some interest. 

Anyhow will be attending next week's Wednesday home game. Seems like a good outing. 

I went last night, too. Quality of the football isn't great, but the atmosphere is. I wish the stadium wasn't so far out, but I got a motorbike taxi from Sukhumvit for 100 baht. Pattaya United was just promoted back to the premier league. Hope they can stay up. Two 2-1 losses from first two matches. I'll be going again next Wednesday, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah DannySpurs 

The grounds are a bit out of town but near to where I live. Inter Pattaya, who plays in AIS League 2 is also outside town near Horseshoe Point.  The atmosphere is good. Hopefully Pattaya United would stay up. However their team seems to be very fluid with many different players from last year. 

Have you been to the other teams (Inter and City) games. Its League 2 but should be interesting. 

For the few who are interested, the teams in Pattaya seems to be settling down. Pattaya United got their first points with a 0-0 draw away to Suphanburi. The new game is at home next Wednesday 16th at 6 pm against Changrai United. 

At the lower lever Inter Pattaya blasted AFS 10-1 at home near HorseShoe Point. AFS is an outfit that organizing trials for players so not really a team as such. But for a bunch of trialist not really a good sign. 

Anyone knows about Pattaya City FC (the professional outfit)? According to AIS League 2 website they should be playing and there was an article in Pattaya People about them but again very little info. 

Hi Again 

Went to Pattaya United game against Chaing Rai United.  Good game, good tempo, good intensity and commitment, awful acting, questionable officiating at times (need to work on authority), and good crowd support (about 2000 people).  

The game ended in 3-3 draw which was fair to both teams though Pattaya were 3-1 up at times. 

The AIS League 2 starts this weekend with a home game for Pattaya City FC at the same Nongprue ground. Inter Pattaya is also supposed to be playing but do not know where their ground is as their home ground (near Horse Shoe Point is artificial and not approved as yet (?). 

Yeah DannySpurs

The grounds are a bit out of town but near to where I live. Inter Pattaya, who plays in AIS League 2 is also outside town near Horseshoe Point. The atmosphere is good. Hopefully Pattaya United would stay up. However their team seems to be very fluid with many different players from last year.

Have you been to the other teams (Inter and City) games. Its League 2 but should be interesting.

I haven't been to the others, and won't make it on this trip. Took the whole family to Pattaya United last night, and they loved it so much they asked when the next game is. Unfortunately, not only is it after I leave (April 2 vs. Buriram), but they'll also be out of town that day.

I'd be interested to hear whether the atmosphere at the Inter/City games is comparable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the few.  Went to the AIS League 2 game yesterday at Nong Prue Stadium and saw Pattaya FC play Pathumthani FC.  Pattaya won 2-0 in a schoolboy looking game.  Actually have seen better NCAA Division 1 games. About 400 people did turn up (409 but my Thai is not that great). 

Also Inter Pattaya also played in Sriracha outclassing Ban Bueng United 4-1. It was on a neutral ground as their home pitch is not approved

It would be nice if these clubs reach out to more in English.  From a business sense 100 more fans paying 100 baht means an extra 10000 baht for relatively little effort. 

Just another update on football in Pattaya. The League Cup playoffs started with both Pattaya's League 2 teams in action.

Inter Pattaya won their via penalty shoot-out in Bangkok yesterday. After 120 minutes at 0-0 Inter won in the penalties 5-4.  From their Facebook page it was not  nice but a win. The league two games I have seen appear school boyish but my high school regularly played Dwight Yorke's school and Russel Latapy's school when Dwight and Russel were in high school. 

Pattaya FC lost 0-1 to Look Esan at home. From highlights on Youtube the production looks betters than the game.

Next set of games are on Sunday 27th with regular league games for those in League 2 while in the Thai Premier League Pattaya is away to Sukhothai next Wednesday 30th. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone went to the Pattaya United versus Buriram United game yesterday? How was it?  Saw Pattaya lost 3-1 after leading 0-1 early on.  Should have been a good game. 

Go to Planet Football, on Soi Siam Country Club.. after 6PM and ask one of the falang lads.

Thanks, finally got to see the Youtube videos of the game.

Hope Pattaya United does better in their cup game on Saturday away to Satun (D2) club.  Inter is playing in the cup at home on Sunday to Nakon Ratchasima. 

yeah pattaya were playing awesome in the first division.. they've got all new players so i guess its taking a little while to get together

been a disappointing string of results.. ive watched every game so far.. i guess the aim is staying up this year haha

Yeah they had a bunch of new players but they had an extra month to prepare.  Two losess, then two draws and now two losses.  Staying up will be harder. There does not seem to be consistency within the team.  Pattaya have a few good stalwarts but too much changes otherwise. The team list looks very different from when they played in the League One.  

Oh well lets hope they march on in the Cup Competition this Saturday. 

Went to the Cup game yesterday between Inter Pattaya and Nakhon Ratchsima. Good game with decent football.  Shooting on taget seem to be a problem though. There a few guys who seem to know what they are doing. Inter held their own for the first have and then seem to run out of steam in the second half.  The eventual 2-0 loss for Inter made it seem they was much difference between the sides but there were not.  

Pattaya United won their game 1-0 so out of the four teams in Pattaya I think only one is moving to the Cup round of 32.  

There is a break for Songkran then back on the the end of the 23rd. 

Inter Pattaya play at Planet Football Eleven-a-side ground near Horse Shoe Point.  Drive up Soi Siam Country club road, to Mabprachan Lake just past Shenanigans and the road on the right. Follow the signs.  The signs are not large. Inter's website have a map. At first it seems like you driving into someone's garden..  

Planet Football website also contains map

• 2 weeks later...

Good day All 

After the Songkran break the football is back on.  Here is a summary of activity for those interested. 

Pattaya United were away to Army United and won in Bangkok 2-1 in a need to win encounter.  Pattaya United next game is at home on the 27th April BBC United. 

In AIS League Two East Bangkok Region, Inter Pattaya continued their winning ways sinking the Naval Fleet again with a 1-0 win at the Navy Stadium Sattahip. 

Pattaya’s other representative, Pattaya FC lost 4-2 to Look Issan which puts them 8th in the 11 team table. 

There is also Pattaya City FC, which plays in the AIS League Two Eastern Division, lost 2-1 to neighbors Chonburi FC but stayed 4th in the 12 team table.

Yeah jc77777

Saw that and sometimes uses the site.  Went to the game yesterday in which Pattaya was lucky to win. A draw would have been fair.  BBCU had the chances in the first half mainly but could not make the most out of it. I am sure the players got a good telling off as they played much better in the second half. Oh well at least things are looking up for Pattaya. They have another game against a bottom club, Chainat on the weekend so opportunity to bag some points. Wish them well and hope that the stay up. 

For the few.  One thing I noticed at Pattaya United games, there are not much English speaking foreigners at matches. Plenty foreigners but little English. Oh well. 

Pattaya United won at Chinat Hornbill 3-1 which makes it three wins in a row.  Looks like there is an effort to stay up in the Premier league (12th spot of the 18 teams) by taking points off those below them. Next game is at home in NongPrue on the 8th May at 8 pm to Osotspa. Halfway through the season it seems. 

Meanwhile in the lower levels Pattaya FC lost 2-5 to FC Bundit. 

While Pattaya City FC won 2-1 away at Nonthaburi. 

Inter Pattaya did not play this weekend 

• 2 weeks later...

For the few 

Pattaya United has won five game in a a row now with some being away from home.  This is a good run for the cub which is now 9th in the the 18 team TPL table.  Admittedly most of the wins have been against lower level opposition but the main thing  is getting the points. That's good that TPL games are in Pattaya. 

The lower league clubs are not doing too bad either with Pattaya City FC second in their division (AIS D2 East).  Inter Pattaya seems to be having some issues with be Thai FA based on their Facebook page. Too bad because of all the clubs Inter seemed to be most professional.  

i thought it was 3 wins in a row

ive been to every home game.. the football isn't as good as last year... i miss that black guy in the midfield.. winston or something... anyway the last few games have been awesome.. amazing value for 120 baht and a great atmosphere behind the goal at the far end.... im just glad it looks like we can stay up!

the next game is this sunday against one of the better teams Sun 15/05/16 TPL Pattaya United 19 : 00 Muang Thong United

Yes its 5 in a row. Only PU and MTU have that record.  Some good (lucky) performances.  But against better opposition the level should be lifted.  Yes the atmosphere is good with over 2000 persons at each game. I am sure they will get closer to 3000 this weekend.  I'm not in Thailand so will miss it.  

Yes Wellington (tallish thin Brazilian) was really good in the midfield and even up front.  I saw the last few games (Nov & Dec). He was not aggressive/assertive but had some really good touches and position.  

There is an interview with Soony on www.Thaigoals.com which explains the team coming together earlier in the season. Wish the local papers had more reports on football though. 

Archived