IGNORED

Retirementt visa - in need of an idiots guide!

chazzer

I don't think anyone mentioned it but you need to complete Form TM 7 with one photo 6 x 4 cm. And ask for an extension of 365 days,

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An idiots guide is what i need as after 9 retirement extensions i have transferred the 800.000 28 days too late to renew so what i need is an idiots guide to getting an o visa as my extension for retirement ends 22nd september . i live in pattaya and i have looked at lots of posts but getting more confused as none relate to my problem. Will Jomtien help or Bangkok or is my only option to go to another country for the o visa. If so which is the easiest from pattaya and the procedure when i get there. must be my age as i am usually so organized  pete.

An idiots guide is what i need as after 9 retirement extensions i have transferred the 800.000 28 days too late to renew so what i need is an idiots guide to getting an o visa as my extension for retirement ends 22nd september . i live in pattaya and i have looked at lots of posts but getting more confused as none relate to my problem. Will Jomtien help or Bangkok or is my only option to go to another country for the o visa. If so which is the easiest from pattaya and the procedure when i get there. must be my age as i am usually so organized  pete.

Firstly, presumably Income (or a combination of income & bank) won't work?

An agent would of course sort it for you either way.....at a cost.

To get back on track DIY, you need to go out and get an O visa if you can (married to Thai?) or else come back in on 30 day Visa Waiver or preferably a SETV, convert it to an O Visa via Jomtien or an agent and then apply for Extension (money in bank 2 months first time).

• 2 weeks later...

It is always a gamble if you go close to the borderlines for the money rules , as the question also is which rate /Bank they apply , I am sure they not have all the Thai banks listed , and that also can give a different result ...., I also make the bank letter just before I go Jomtien 5 Pattaya  (just a 5 min.walk )  ,so no discussion and 100 baht putting on account extra for updating , KK bank give letter AND copy from passbook , took me day before yesterday only good 5 minutes to deliver all the needed doc + signing again those dc. in Thai never knowing what is on it , (presume it is the overstay rules declared and agreed for reading )  and walk out office , passport taking yesterday , all ok  :GoldenSmile1: so once more a good guy in .......but still are bad ones slipping tru the net ...(.for the moment .....)

I do not know why so many are afraid to put the lump sum on a Thai bank , as you live here you pay in baht , even baht go down or up you still pay the same baht YOU LIVE ANYWAY HERE IN THAILAND !!

, Europe banks scare me more than Thai banks , only the nagging questions from bank why not deposit 4 year  for 5%..starting from 1 million ....nice gesture comparing the almost 0% in Europe ? .... I blame it (for them KK )   on immigration ....but i like the immediate control to the lump sum. 

Immigration Jomtien 5 is a sea wind breeze latest ...(on condition doc. ok )

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Archived