IGNORED

Why are there so many single mums in Pattaya?( Or surrounding it)

farastein

But why wld the girls be so foolish to accept these men if there is deserting on going?

TGs like most of us do not learn from the mistakes of others. Most of us only learn through personal experience

On a more basic level if nobody took the risk to procreate then our species would have fizzled out a long time ago.

There are many single mothers in the West.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

But why wld the girls be so foolish to accept these men if there is deserting on going?

Or are the men and women just in a sort of "game" to maximize the children they produce and abandon so as to widen their own "safety net"

I think a lot of these girls are getting pregnant at very young ages, by very young men/boys. I know a few girls who've had 2 kids before they were 16. Aren't we all foolish at that age? I know I was. Then add lack of education into the mix and guys going off to find work in the cities. I doubt if many pregnancies are actually planned in these situations. 

Bit like the average UK council estate actually.

Perhaps it is a "poverty" thing ? It is very unusual in Angeles, where BG tend to be younger than in Pattaya, to find a working girl who doesn't have at least one child. The usual explanation is the same....the father did a runner and has a new woman.

Did your parents tell you the story of the "birds and the bees"

If not, please watch this

I found this fascinating...

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

Or are the men and women just in a sort of "game" to maximize the children they produce and abandon so as to widen their own "safety net"

.. as others who live here will attest, the institution of marriage here is pretty weak .. I could not say what percent, but a very large percent, maybe a majority, are more social marriages, and not legally recorded marriages.

.. they get into and out of these social marriages easily enough .. and when they do, the financial burden falls all on the women .. Thai men generally do jack shit for their children, and there are no laws requiring child support.

.. I think there are many here for whom having children to support them (their social security) is a key goal in marriage amongst poor, uneducated upcountry Thais.

.. Thais are not so devoted to their matrimonial vows .. surveys cite that the incidence of infidelity here (men and women) is amongst the world's highest .. Thai men going for younger women/girls is socially accepted, which causes a lot of family break-ups .. the huge age gap is pretty apparent here.

.. the custom of married men having 'mia nois' (minor wives, generally younger) who they maintain on the side is still commonly practiced and accepted, as long as it is not blatant, causing loss of face to the wife and her family.

.. marriages here are still significantly about creating security and building familial wealth, influence and prestige, especially amongst Chinese-Thais and Indian-Thais .. they arrange their kids' marriages for reasons other than love.

.. the disintegration of the family must have an impact on the social health of Thailand and the mental health of Thais.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived