IGNORED

Why are there so many single mums in Pattaya?( Or surrounding it)

farastein

Hi mates, I am a newbie in the Pattaya experience and just realised that there appears to be a lot of mention of the single mums.

Just wondering if it is a social phenomenal which occurs. Hoping the experienced mates in Pattaya can comment on this.

There is no welfare system in Thailand and they have to support their child (and other family members) somehow when the father does a runner.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

because the thai daddys need your money to spend it for the "fresh" girls in next village...

There is no welfare system in Thailand and they have to support their child (and other family members) somehow when the father does a runner.

Did I miss something in the OP's question ?

Hi mates, I am a newbie in the Pattaya experience and just realised that there appears to be a lot of mention of the single mums.

Just wondering if it is a social phenomenal which occurs. Hoping the experienced mates in Pattaya can comment on this.

Not sure if it's a "lower income" thing or if it's a "3rd world" thing but it happens a lot in Costa Rica as well; at least that's what the sex workers there say.

Baby daddy gets the girl pregnant and then moves on to the next.

"Social phenomenon" ? Guess that's as good a phrase as any,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Did I miss something in the OP's question ?

Not sure if it's a "lower income" thing or if it's a "3rd world" thing but it happens a lot in Costa Rica as well; at least that's what the sex workers there say.

Baby daddy gets the girl pregnant and then moves on to the next.

"Social phenomenon" ? Guess that's as good a phrase as any,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Eh?? You answered in a similar way as we did so what is your point?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

They are bored in their village, have little money, and sex is free, and dont use rubbers

The girls then come to Pattaya, some would never think about it, but now has to support not only mama, but baby too.    Sad but true.   we do them a favor by having sex and thus giving them support money, and they do us a favor buy agreeing to it

I pass on girls with babies 90%, gotta be real special for me to go.  Saggy boobs = no hardon for me

Who says they're single ... ? 

Boyfriend/husband sends them to Pattaya to make money so he can sit on his lazy ass all day . 

So your answer to "Why are there so many single mums in Pattaya?"

is

OK, fair enough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Who says they're single ... ? 

Boyfriend/husband sends them to Pattaya to make money so he can sit on his lazy ass all day . 

Its been said that many of the girls in the industry have thai bf husband etc. I was just curious if their partners are normally cognizant of where they are working at.

They are bored in their village, have little money, and sex is free, and dont use rubbers

Sex is only free for their fathers and brothers. Their fathers and brothers friends have to pay their fathers and brothers.

Its been said that many of the girls in the industry have thai bf husband etc. I was just curious if their partners are normally cognizant of where they are working at.

Or their families, sisters, parents, etc.....yes, they usually know but they'll say that she works in a 7/11 or something, to save face....it's always been a custom in villages in Isaan for young girls (15 yrs -ish) to go and work elsewhere - usually BKK or another big city - as cleaners, housemaids etc and send money home. They're a burden on the parents if they stay without a husband anyway. Some, in Patts and WG's in BKK, have had husbands and have children but the husband may have buggered off - there's no child support system in Thailand. It's many a Thai girl's dream to find a falang husband.

"there's no child support system in Thailand." 

Actually there is for working families who contribute into the social security system. Many other benefits available too.

Eh?? You answered in a similar way as we did so what is your point?

I think his point was something along the lines of the original question was so naive that it almost looks like a piss take.

Something like that, though I could be wrong.

Single moms like iPhone & party too !

.. it is cultural, farastein .. child abandonment in Thailand is a long, long sad story.

.. the article below was published 5 years ago, reporting then by the TDRI that 40% of all Thai children are raised by someone other than their mother, or father .. 5 times more than 23 years earlier .. increasing at 1.4% yearly, which by now makes the figure approximately 47% .. these figures are similarly reported by UNICEF.

.. this is a nationwide average .. the number is likely skewed even higher for kids from poor, uneducated upcountry parents .. like .. women working in Pattaya .. hearing the stories at the orphanages here of child abandonment will break your heart.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/03/18/national/More-grandparents-playing-mum-and-dad-30151151.html

.. moron sex tourists who bareback here just add to the misery.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I wish I'd been raised by someone other than my mother or father...... :GoldenSmile1:

.. the article below was published 5 years ago, reporting then by the TDRI that 40% of all Thai children are raised by someone other than their mother, or father .. 

"there's no child support system in Thailand." 

Actually there is for working families who contribute into the social security system. Many other benefits available too.

Sorry - I wasn't clear - I meant that there is no law forcing fathers to pay maintenance to the mother for children they've had (as far as my limited knowledge of Thai law goes, that is)

Possibly the same reason that sharks only attack humans that are wet!!

.. it is cultural, farastein .. child abandonment in Thailand is a long, long sad story.

.. the article below was published 5 years ago, reporting then by the TDRI that 40% of all Thai children are raised by someone other than their mother, or father .. 5 times more than 23 years earlier .. increasing at 1.4% yearly, which by now makes the figure approximately 47% .. these figures are similarly reported by UNICEF.

.. this is a nationwide average .. the number is likely skewed even higher for kids from poor, uneducated upcountry parents .. like .. women working in Pattaya .. hearing the stories at the orphanages here of child abandonment will break your heart.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/03/18/national/More-grandparents-playing-mum-and-dad-30151151.html

.. moron sex tourists who bareback here just add to the misery.

Wld they carry the child to delivery if the child was concieved through bareback with sex tourists?

.. farastein, single parents are quite the norm here .. and worse, as I cite in Post #18 above (kids raised by someone other than their parents now approaching 50% of all Thai children .. it is a social epidemic that is so damaging to Thai children).

.. from their early years, Thais are indoctrinated to resist change, so in many respects Thailand remains 3rd world .. behaviors are still widely survivalist in nature, deeply rooted in a poverty-stricken agrarian sociology.

.. there is no widely available social safety net beyond the relatively small formal economy .. children are still commonly viewed as the social safety net .. they are expected to take care of the parents.

.. a too common scenario is that the Thai man has children by his first 'wife' .. he abandons her for another 'wife' with whom he has more children .. he then abandons that relationship and repeats .. this is a common pattern of behavior.

.. the abandoned 'wife' finds another 'husband', who will take her, but he will not accept another man's children .. she abandons them, and has more kids by the new 'husband' .. she gets dumped again, finds a new 'husband', has more kids by him before he dumps her .. so, she abandons those kids to find a new 'husband' who will not accept another man's kids, and the cycle repeats.

.. it is more akin to breeding, than parenting, but I am pretty biased against uncivilized cultural behaviors.

.. the sick part of this, is that these people return years later fully expecting their abandoned kids all to support them in their old age .. it is repugnant, sick even, but that is the survivalist mentality that still persists in the large, undeveloped regions of Thailand.

.. one of my Thai daughter's birth father hasn't even seen her since abandoning her when she was 6 years old .. he found his way to her and had the audacity to expect her to start sending him money every month! .. the accepted Thai rationale is, "I gave you life; you are indebted to me."

.. [the worthless shit stain keeps trying and cannot seem to fathom how absolutely totally dead he is to her].

.. another example of this behavior is apparent in the Thai orphanages .. adoptions are unlikely unless the parents legally give up their parental rights .. the parents whose kids end up in orphanages won't do that .. they condemn their legally unadoptable kids to be raised in Thai institutions, planning on their children someday taking care of them .. it is so incredibly inhumane.

.. in upcountry villages, I see tons of kids, but few fathers present .. the absence of a more healthy family structure and values has got to create broad social consequences .. it explains, I think, many of the base dysfunctions of Thai society.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Wld they carry the child to delivery if the child was concieved through bareback with sex tourists?

They generally don't have too many choices in the matter. The legality of abortion in Thailand is a very grey area but heavily frowned upon either way.

.. farastein, single parents are quite the norm here .. and worse, as I cite in Post #18 above (kids raised by someone other than their parents now approaching 50% of all Thai children .. it is a social epidemic that is so damaging to Thai children).

.. from their early years, Thais are indoctrinated to resist change, so in many respects Thailand remains 3rd world .. behaviors are still widely survivalist in nature, deeply rooted in a poverty-stricken agrarian sociology.

.. there is no widely available social safety net beyond the relatively small formal economy .. children are still commonly viewed as the social safety net .. they are expected to take care of the parents.

.. a too common scenario is that the Thai man has children by his first 'wife' .. he abandons her for another 'wife' with whom he has more children .. he then abandons that relationship and repeats .. this is a common pattern of behavior.

.. the abandoned 'wife' finds another 'husband', who will take her, but he will not accept another man's children .. she abandons them, and has more kids by the new 'husband' .. she gets dumped again, finds a new 'husband', has more kids by him before he dumps her .. so, she abandons those kids to find a new 'husband' who will not accept another man's kids, and the cycle repeats.

.. it is more akin to breeding, than parenting, but I am pretty biased against uncivilized cultural behaviors.

.. the sick part of this, is that these people return years later fully expecting their abandoned kids all to support them in their old age .. it is repugnant, sick even, but that is the survivalist mentality that still persists in the large, undeveloped regions of Thailand.

.. one of my Thai daughter's birth father hasn't even seen her since abandoning her when she was 6 years old .. he found his way to her and had the audacity to expect her to start sending him money every month! .. the accepted Thai rationale is, "I gave you life; you are indebted to me."

.. [the worthless shit stain keeps trying and cannot seem to fathom how absolutely totally dead he is to her].

.. another example of this behavior is apparent in the Thai orphanages .. adoptions are unlikely unless the parents legally give up their parental rights .. the parents whose kids end up in orphanages won't do that .. they condemn their legally unadoptable kids to be raised in Thai institutions, planning on their children someday taking care of them .. it is so incredibly inhumane.

.. in upcountry villages, I see tons of kids, but few fathers present .. the absence of a more healthy family structure and values has got to create broad social consequences .. it explains, I think, many of the base dysfunctions of Thai society.

But why wld the girls be so foolish to accept these men if there is deserting on going?

Or are the men and women just in a sort of "game" to maximize the children they produce and abandon so as to widen their own "safety net"

Archived