IGNORED

Hard Rock Hotel - Overall Terrible

jenolj

Just my 2 cents from a recent trip to Thailand.

The Hard rock hotel rooms were terrible

Bad :-

1) They were TINY compared to other hotels at similar price

2) The room that i had, had a conjoining door to a room next to it. Which was locked but allowed sound to travel very easily. Partying russians ensured i didnt get to sleep until 6am. And conversely, when i boom boom'd wondered what they were thinking. ( hopefully impressed ;) 

3) did i say the rooms were tiny ?

4) Front desk staff with abrupt and rude. Perhaps because i had a thai girl with me ?

5) My balcony faced a large unit complex

6) Drinks were a rip off at the bar

7) Quite far away from Walking Street ( if that is your thing ) 

Good :-

1) Buffet was good

As a semi monger who did not care to use the facilities. Was not a good choice for me.

^ Hard Rock was the SUPER hot place to stay when it first opened, I have not heard a lot of people say a lot of good things about it since then.

Visited the cafe once, not the hotel. Was charged 200 for a beer in the afternoon. Drank it, paid,never visited again.

If you have money to burn, this is the place to stay,

Not to be compared with the Hard Rock Cafe in BKK. I enjoyed the place a lot and they serve really good streaks there.

T.

It's a great place to stay with kids.

Pattaya is not a great stay for kids, no matter what hotel. The beach is dirty, full of shady characters (me included).

For a family holiday go to Ko Chang , Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, wherever, but not Pattaya.

T.

Pattaya is an easy weekend getaway when you are living or staying in Bangkok. We did do other trips to nicer parts of Thailand, but Pattaya is so convenient. Jump in a taxi.

Hard Rock has its own beach, and it is very clean. And it's close to Soi 6.

Hard Rock has its own beach, and it is very clean. And it's close to Soi 6.

Not true, Not true, True

Has its own beach ? 

I assume you mean the quite large swimming pool ?

Swimming pool did look good / extensive. 

As someone mentioned before, better for families rather than mongers.

Stayed there on my first ever trip.  Hated it.  1000 baht joiner fee.  I don't really need Elvis supervising my activities. 

If u checked tripadvisor before booking the hotel , u could see the negative reviews and photos of tiny rooms.

Visited the cafe once, not the hotel. Was charged 200 for a beer in the afternoon. Drank it, paid,never visited again.

+1. My beer was 170 for an ultra small bottle of Singha, but that was a few years ago.

If u checked tripadvisor before booking the hotel , u could see the negative reviews and photos of tiny rooms.

It actually scores quite highly on tripadvisor. Which is partly what prompted me to create this post.

It actually scores quite highly on tripadvisor. Which is partly what prompted me to create this post.

u never trust the score... just read 30-40 reviews and see the room photos yourself.... you can see the rooms are so small and many customers complained about this 

I cancelled my booking as soon as I saw tripadvisor photos 5 years ago

Stayed a couple of times in the last 2 years, never had a problem with staff ,always friendly and no issues or fees bringing back different girls each night ?.

Rooms average size i thought and i never ate or drank there so cant comment on that.

Wouldnt say it was amazing or anything but never had reason to complain.

I feel the same as OP.

The front counter also gave me shit about my TGF.

I gave them the bird later that night as i passed the counter.

Fuckers

Doesn't sound good, maybe i was just lucky when i stayed,or they have some new staff?

The swimming pool has its own beach, with sand. Clean sand. And heavily chlorinated water. And beach huts for hire. At least it had all of that the half dozen or so times I've stayed there. My most recent stay was just over 4 years ago.

I wouldn't recommend it to a monger. Not in a million years. But to a family, absolutely.

I will be there for a couple of nights in April.

u never trust the score... just read 30-40 reviews and see the room photos yourself.... you can see the rooms are so small and many customers complained about this 

I cancelled my booking as soon as I saw tripadvisor photos 5 years ago

The reviews ( as below ) were heavily weighted on the positive side. Which is why I stayed there.

I do agree with you, I should of taken a closer look at the photos. The kid in me still wants to be surprised when I enter a new room ;) So I try not to spoil the experience by looking too closely at the photos.

wdDjZWO.png

If you have money to burn, this is the place to stay,

Not to be compared with the Hard Rock Cafe in BKK. I enjoyed the place a lot and they serve really good streaks there.

T.

I haven't been there for a while,but found the drinks expensive compared to other places.

Robw

Oh dear...I'm booked for 6 nights this month.  Was finding it difficult to get a room in a decent hotel relatively close to the action so chose the Hard Rock hotel out of desperation.

Pattaya is not a great stay for kids, no matter what hotel. The beach is dirty, full of shady characters (me included).

For a family holiday go to Ko Chang , Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, wherever, but not Pattaya.

T.

You may not want normal tourists to come to Pattaya, but I can assure you there are great family holidays to be had on package deals at such as Centara Grand Mirage and Dusit Thani for very reasonable prices.

These hotel resorts are not likely to be used by mongers anyway, so why add on another flight and/or long journey?

Oh dear...I'm booked for 6 nights this month.  Was finding it difficult to get a room in a decent hotel relatively close to the action so chose the Hard Rock Hotel out of desperation.

Change it fren.

I haven't been there myself but have walked by many many times, & YES on one occasion i noticed around 50 Russians pool side, they were really loud & acting like dicks...put me off the hotel.

How much did you pay per night??

Archived