IGNORED

Shop that can print large pictures, images

KOJO

Hey Guy's, 

I'm looking for a shop in Patts, that can copy and/ or photograph and print a 24" x 24" colored pencil  drawing, any help or information would be appreciated.

THANKX !

There are probably loads in Pattaya I would have thought,but one place I can definitely say does it is on Second Road opposite the Avenue Complex.

I can't recall the name of the shop,but if you stand in front of the Avenue (with the large "AVENUE" sign behind you),look across Second Road and it is on the opposite side in the middle of a row of shops.

You can't miss it.

They will be able to sort you out there.

tukcom in the back, cant remember what floor.   they can make one bigger than your room :)

Certainly Tukcom had one but I cant remember seeing it recently.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

One consideration is what purpose you want it for, for display in daylight? How long do you want it to last?

Most printers used in ordinary photographic shops print either on photographic paper (the now old silver based prints, just like the stuff used for the 4x6" mass production if amateur photographs, or on a inkjet type machine.

For the first type, the prints produced by Fuji machines are longest lasting. But usually, limited in size.

For the second, 95% of inkjet type printers, that use digital process to print, are based on Dye based inks. Hang them on the wall, and they'll start fading within a few weeks. In a year they will be unrecognisable.

If you want your picture to last a few or 50 years, use a printer based on pigment colors. Not many shops own them, they are more expensive to run. There used to be a shop upstairs in the Avenues that had one, not sure if still there.

I have one that prints up to 18x23", and use the archival paper to go with it. I am not in business, but am prepared to produce one or two on a casual basis for someone who wants a big print.

Best suggestion is to go to Bloom Photography in Bangkok, somewhere in Silom. They use the right technology, can produce high quality archival prints, and will print much larger then 24", I think up to 48", which as far as I know is the limit of paper size.

The owner, Mark, speaks good English, and is a nice guy.

Archived