Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Retiring to Thailand in 2 months, help me out, oh knowledgeable members.

dilloss

Did you mean to write "You will still have to do the 90 day address report"?  There is no need to do visa runs on a Non-O visa.

On the multiple entry non-imm O visas (based on a relationship with a Thai) you must leave the country every 90 days. They are different to the retirement visas (ie non-imm O-A).

As others have stated I think the best option is to get a single entry non-imm O visa based on the relationship and plan to get an extension based on retirement or marriage.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have Key Visa take care of my annual retirement extensions. In the morning I give them my passport and a balance statement from my Thai bank account, and later that day my passport is returned with a further 12 months extension, plus a multi re-entry visa. I pay a little bit more but get fast streamlined service. 

What do you call a little bit?

It really is so easy if the application is straightforward and legitimate, I don't know why anyone would bother, but yes, any agent will be glad to take your money for doing it for you.

So you don't have to get a letter from your bank to go with your account copy and no proof of address and you don't even fill the form in yourself ?

What do you call a little bit?

It really is so easy if the application is straightforward and legitimate, I don't know why anyone would bother, but yes, any agent will be glad to take your money for doing it for you.

So you don't have to get a letter from your bank to go with your account copy and no proof of address and you don't even fill the form in yourself ?

Everything is certainly legitimate. When my passport is returned there are always 2 receipts issued by Jomtien, one for the extension and one for the re-entry stamp. I just can't be bothered dealing with Thai officialdom if I can pay someone to do it on my behalf. Had Key Visa take care of it for me for about 5 years now and I'm 100% delighted with the service. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Everything is certainly legitimate. When my passport is returned there are always 2 receipts issued by Jomtien, one for the extension and one for the re-entry stamp. I just can't be bothered dealing with Thai officialdom if I can pay someone to do it on my behalf. Had Key Visa take care of it for me for about 5 years now and I'm 100% delighted with the service. 

If that suits you and you don't care about the extra cost fair enough, although personally I think it's quite satisfying and informative to do it yourself.

I don't know if the agent option will continue as rule enforcement gets tighter i.e. the TM7 definitely says :- ๑. ผูขอจะตองยื่นคาขออน ํ ุญาตดวยตนเอง APPLICATION MUST BE MADE IN PERSON.

So for anyone who doesn't know, the costs are:-

1,990 for the Extension

3,800 for a Multi Re-entry Permit

2,450ish if you need a UK Embassy letter (now available online but add 500 if you use an agent)

200 for a Bank Letter if required

Plus, if you use an agent, a "little bit" which you slyly omitted to tell us. 555

There are many things in life that people pay other people to do for them to save time and hassle.

I use Key Visa for stuff, to be it is a bit like paying a mechanic to service my van, paying a painter to decorate the house and every week I pay the Poles to clean my van for a tenner.

Saves me time and I think it is money well spent

There are many things in life that people pay other people to do for them to save time and hassle.

I use Key Visa for stuff, to be it is a bit like paying a mechanic to service my van, paying a painter to decorate the house and every week I pay the Poles to clean my van for a tenner.

Saves me time and I think it is money well spent

Exactly my philosophy too. Some things I'll do myself, other things I can't be assed and rather pay an expert to do it for me.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Exactly my philosophy too. Some things I'll do myself, other things I can't be assed and rather pay an expert to do it for me.

Sometimes it isn't down to whether I can do it myself or not its all about time, if I done everything myself I wouldn't have any time for PA lol

Sometimes it isn't down to whether I can do it myself or not its all about time, if I done everything myself I wouldn't have any time for PA lol

If you did everything yourself you wouldnt need TGs.

Still avoiding telling us how much is "the little bit"?

Still avoiding telling us how much is "the little bit"?

He is not obliged to post that information. People are free to decide what information they will or will not share.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

He is not obliged to post that information. People are free to decide what information they will or will not share.

He opened the dialogue and while he may not be obliged he is making his argument based on information he offered up but is now not willing to divulge the important part.

What's the big secret?

Is he embarrassed that he paid to much for an easy job he could have done himself?

Actually, I believe the income letters from the Embassy are only good for six months. However, like all government offices in Thailand, there's the rules, and then there is how each individual office interprets the rules. (And unfortunately sometimes how each clerk, in each office interprets the rules.)

As you recommended, personally, I would not worry about the income letter until I was ready to start processing the retirement extension. Ideally you schedule it for when the US Embassy is doing a Pattaya Outreach visit, and then you don't have to deal with going to the US Embassy itself. They will be in Pattaya on Feb 5th. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/consular_outreach.html

I've heard of converting tourist visas to non-imm O's in Bangkok, but all the people I personally know have all done theirs by going to the Thai Embassy in Lao, and doing it there. I did mine in the US, before I moved here so I never had to do that initial conversion.

They ARE only good for 6 months. He didn't say otherwise. The 12 month extension he mentioned is the retirement "extension".

i.e. Have TV or extension of TV, get O-A, then get 12 month "Retirement extension". One needs the income letter to get the O-A, not just the retirement extension.

Unfortunately for me I miss the US Embassy visit by 5 days. My 30 day extension expires Jan 31. So I'll need to go to Bangkok to get the income letter AND at the same time get the O-A visa. After that I believe I CAN get the retirement extension ( of the O-A) in Jomtien.

The Thai Embassy in any country can issue "O" visas, but consulates cannot. But I want to get this done without leaving the country in the first place. So Bangkok it is.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

If you did everything yourself you wouldnt need TGs.

I must admit I don't even have time to wank sometimes

:GoldenSmile1:

But we are a nosey lot on here

They are not of your wife but mine 

:LMFAO:

Doesn't matter, if they're his photos you should give them back.

pattayaexpatsclub.info

is a good source of helpful information.

• 2 weeks later...

They ARE only good for 6 months. He didn't say otherwise. The 12 month extension he mentioned is the retirement "extension".

i.e. Have TV or extension of TV, get O-A, then get 12 month "Retirement extension". One needs the income letter to get the O-A, not just the retirement extension.

Unfortunately for me I miss the US Embassy visit by 5 days. My 30 day extension expires Jan 31. So I'll need to go to Bangkok to get the income letter AND at the same time get the O-A visa. After that I believe I CAN get the retirement extension ( of the O-A) in Jomtien.

The Thai Embassy in any country can issue "O" visas, but consulates cannot. But I want to get this done without leaving the country in the first place. So Bangkok it is.

pattayaexpatsclub.info

is a good source of helpful information.

The ex-pats club is a good source EXCEPT they don't, NOR does the Thai Immigration Office's own site, tell you you must apply for the Non-Im O visa AT LEAST 15 days before your current "permission to stay" expires. Closer than 15 days to the date and they will NOT take your application............

I just wasted 2 days and about $150 USD for lack of that very information,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hope others don't make the same "mistake"

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/278375-definitive-guide-for-usa-retirees-to-thailand/page-3#entry3453806

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Archived